• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What they're doing makes no sense to me at all. Sure, I can see trading Cooper. For a fifth round pick? Might as well trade him for a breakfast at IHOP.

As to Gallup, well, I always liked him but he hasn't proven a thing and obviously is coming off a major injury.

Cedric Wilson is seriously starting to look like an interesting Dark Horse to me.
Cedric is currently an UFA. Noah Brown is the current #3 on the roster, although not likely to remain that way through free agency and the draft.

They could re-sign Wilson, but I have to imagine that if that was the plan, they'd have done it already

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What they're doing makes no sense to me at all. Sure, I can see trading Cooper. For a fifth round pick? Might as well trade him for a breakfast at IHOP.

As to Gallup, well, I always liked him but he hasn't proven a thing and obviously is coming off a major injury.
It's almost like the team's run by some old guy who loves football but doesn't really understand it.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's tons of stuff hapening today y'all..where ya at??

The Dolphins signed RB, but still need a RB cause the one they signed has proven to be unreliable

Landry was cut from the Browns, and is now free to sign, most likely destination (imho) KC. I don't see him fitting the Bills and GB has far too many cap problems to realistically think about a free agent WR

And James Conner returns to Arizona, with no Edmonds around. He proved he's not too shabby last year, but can he stay upright for 2 straight seasons? Cardinals would still be best served to sign/draft one more viable option, if for no other reason than insurance.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Treff is going to curse at the Dolphins over this.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Treff is going to curse at the Dolphins over this.

already did-
The Dolphins signed RB, but still need a RB cause the one they signed has proven to be unreliable

Edmonds is no more3 of the answer this year for the Phin's than he was last year for the Cards. But by gawd, it sure looks like they're gonna try the same old approach as last year of throwing proven committee backs, or less, into that role, just with some different names. Last I heard they were still trying to re-sign Duke Johnson, and if that's the case, given Edmonds and Duke as the top two dogs after the draft, my money is on Duke being the more valuable of the two.

To be fair though, if it's Edmonds and player X, where X is any viable free agent or incoming rookie drafted within the first 4 rounds, my money is likely on player X

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oof. I dunno man. Ive hammered trubisky. Hes been just bad and cant read half field. Something had to change for this to work.

Hopefully he learned a lot behind the best last year!

;)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christian Kirk will be landing in Jacksonville. Trevor Lawrence now has Kirk, Starvin' Marvin, and Shenualt to go along with a coach who, at worst, isn't as horrid as Urban Meyer.
could be interesting, but I'm certainly not going out and buying Kirk stock

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christian Kirk will be landing in Jacksonville. Trevor Lawrence now has Kirk, Starvin' Marvin, and Shenualt to go along with a coach who, at worst, isn't as horrid as Urban Meyer.
could be interesting, but I'm certainly not going out and buying Kirk stock
Yeah I'm not to excited but the news, but could have been worse.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Christian Kirk's four-year deal with the Jaguars is worth "up to" $84 million.​

Ay caramba! Mamma mia! It sounds like the base level is a slightly — emphasis on slightly — more reasonable $72 million, but it is still backing up the Brinks truck and making a 25-year-old wideout who has never had a 1,000-yard season one of the highest-paid receivers in the league. It's a function of desperation, and a receiver market picked clean by franchise tags and re-signings. Kirk is downgrading both teams and quarterbacks in Jacksonville, while new coach Doug Pederson never oversaw a 1K campaign by a wideout in Philly. Translation, even if Kirk proves to be a good "real life" add, the fantasy arrow is pointing downward.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Christian Kirk's four-year deal with the Jaguars is worth "up to" $84 million.​

Ay caramba! Mamma mia! It sounds like the base level is a slightly — emphasis on slightly — more reasonable $72 million, but it is still backing up the Brinks truck and making a 25-year-old wideout who has never had a 1,000-yard season one of the highest-paid receivers in the league. It's a function of desperation, and a receiver market picked clean by franchise tags and re-signings. Kirk is downgrading both teams and quarterbacks in Jacksonville, while new coach Doug Pederson never oversaw a 1K campaign by a wideout in Philly. Translation, even if Kirk proves to be a good "real life" add, the fantasy arrow is pointing downward.
ay caramba is right. Based on this deal, overpaying #2 WR who may or may not be good enough to be a #1..maybe Gallup isn't over paid and was cheap. They're both solid #2's who may or may not be good enough to be a #1, ones getting around $12mill a year, the other, roughly $18-21 mill...absurd

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Change that question mark to an exclamation mark and I think you hit it on the head.
Not sure he's worse than Ben circa 2021 though. And way better than Rudolph. They could win the division.

He ain't gonna outplay any of the young stud AFC QBs, though, so Pittsburgh will have a tough time winning a playoff game.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure he's worse than Ben circa 2021 though. And way better than Rudolph. They could win the division.

He ain't gonna outplay any of the young stud AFC QBs, though, so Pittsburgh will have a tough time winning a playoff game.
he won't be out dueling Burrows, Cleveland is a wild card until we know if it'll be Mayfield, Watson, or 'other', and then there's Lamar, who is his own wild card. He can outduel Lamar's replacement, doubtful he can with Lamar though. Tough division to win unless the defense and/or run game is just plain dominant.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dear Lord, 7 million a year for a #3WR...the sky is falling chicken little

7 million a year for a #3 WR and paying a RB, who touches the ball roughly 3 times as often as a #3 wr will any given week, is a 'no-no'...UGHHHH...I feel like Peter Brandt in 'MoneyBall' talking about Johnny Damon

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolphins re-signed TE Mike Gesicki to a one-year, $10.8 million contract.​

Gesicki is the first franchised player to sign his tag. This would also seem to indicate that Gesicki will not be filing a grievance over being tagged as a tight end rather than receiver. The $10.8 million is fully guaranteed, though the sides have until July 15 to reach a long-term agreement. New coach Mike McDaniel grew used to blocking monster/pass-catching dual-threat George Kittle in San Francisco, but that is not Gesicki. Being treated ever more as a pure pass catcher, Gesicki projects as a safe TE1 even with the change in coaching staff.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Engram joins Christian Kirk in Jax..Shenualt beginning to look as though he'll be the forgotten man there. Bummer, the kid is exciting to watch with the ball in his hands