• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its is, but they ain't fixing that this offseason :)
I kinda look at it like this..
I need a new fence around my backyard, and a new gate lock. Now, the fence isn't great but it's still upright and keeps most people out, and would be very expensive to replace. I can piece together some plywood and cover up the holes, maybe replace a plank or two with new ones. The gate is pretty much busted, it closes, but it won't lock, and it's relatively cheap to fix. I know I don't have the money to replace the fence, but I can scrounge up enough to fix the gate, and a few planks on the fence, and while my home isn't %100 secure, it's an awful lot better than it was.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda look at it like this..
I need a new fence around my backyard, and a new gate lock. Now, the fence isn't great but it's still upright and keeps most people out, and would be very expensive to replace. I can piece together some plywood and cover up the holes, maybe replace a plank or two with new ones. The gate is pretty much busted, it closes, but it won't lock, and it's relatively cheap to fix. I know I don't have the money to replace the fence, but I can scrounge up enough to fix the gate, and a few planks on the fence, and while my home isn't %100 secure, it's an awful lot better than it was.
Thing is Chiefs offense is scoring plenty of points as is (#4 last season), even if you can't turn around the defense in a season you can make strides that can improve their chances to get back to the Super Bowl. Reid kind of views RBs as not important and even when he invests in one, it's a RB that enhance the passing attack by catching the ball more often then not. I don't see Fournette as being what Reid wants from his RBs.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Denver dudes, they claim, that RW was always Paton's first choice, and point to how quickly the deal got done as evidence.
As a bronco diehard I always had my eye on Wilson. would have taken Rodgers but no my first choice. Happy here in Denver.:clap:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is Chiefs offense is scoring plenty of points as is (#4 last season), even if you can't turn around the defense in a season you can make strides that can improve their chances to get back to the Super Bowl. Reid kind of views RBs as not important and even when he invests in one, it's a RB that enhance the passing attack by catching the ball more often then not. I don't see Fournette as being what Reid wants from his RBs.
He can catch better than CEH has shown thus far...#3 in RB receptions, 4.9 per game, CEH was at just under 2

Who am I to argue with Andy Ried I guess...however, decades of NFL history proves the theory of a decent running game, extending drives, bleeding the clock, helps the defense. So, you can toss free agent money around, use up draft capital, and hope to clog holes in the defense, and still have the same offensive issues you had last year where you couldn't bust the cover 2 shell, Mahommes gets impatient and plays reckless, and still not likely to have 'fixed' the defense...or.. you can fix the run game, which would be much more cost effective, and put pressure on the opposing D to come out of the shell or get run over, and maybe even keep your leaky defense off the field for longer stretches of time. And you could still toss draft capital at the defense and hope to hit on a couple young studs.

Seems like a better plan the constantly banging your head against the wall to me, I dunno..??

Andy needs to realize defenses adjusted to what he does well with that team, and they're not gonna stop doing what they're doing until he forces them too. And no rush end or cover corner is going to affect that in any way. Dude may be an offensive genius, he's also a stubborn NFL head coach, stuck in a mindset of 'my system works, and I'll prove it no matter how much it hurts'

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a bronco diehard I always had my eye on Wilson. would have taken Rodgers but no my first choice. Happy here in Denver.:clap:
I can only imagine. My wife is already posting the Wilson volleyball from CastAway with Broncos logos all around it on all her social media...I'm dreading the first Raiders/Broncos game.
Our big move was Josh McDaniels, who you guys threw away years ago..your big move was to trade for a probable HOF'er at QB. Gee, wonder which one leads to more wins?? Argghhh!!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The knock on Fournette at first was that he was a liability in the passing offense. He obviously worked hard at it and has become quite good.

The Chiefs would be a great fit for him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The knock on Fournette at first was that he was a liability in the passing offense. He obviously worked hard at it and has become quite good.

The Chiefs would be a great fit for him.
Except Reid in the pass hasn't gone for power backs.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Reid in the pass hasn't gone for power backs.

But that's why I think he'd be a good fit. A power back who can also catch a ball and cause some damage that way as well.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's why I think he'd be a good fit. A power back who can also catch a ball and cause some damage that way as well.
Oh I can see where he would be a good fit, but don't see it happening.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I can see where he would be a good fit, but don't see it happening.
Yeah, I don't know that I can see it happening either, but it'd certainly be a good idea.

A lot of places writing speculative articles about landing spots, often mention KC for Fournette

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't know that I can see it happening either, but it'd certainly be a good idea.

A lot of places writing speculative articles about landing spots, often mention KC for Fournette
He's not a Reid kind of back, more of Carrol type of back except of course the Seahawks are rebuilding so doubt they want a 27 year old RB.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a Reid kind of back, more of Carrol type of back except of course the Seahawks are rebuilding so doubt they want a 27 year old RB.
I can buy them re-signing Penny, other than that, I'm guessing they use a little of that extra draft capital they picked up on a RB..maybe even one of their #2's.- maybe even in addition to, if they do sign Penny?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can buy them re-signing Penny, other than that, I'm guessing they use a little of that extra draft capital they picked up on a RB..maybe even one of their #2's.- maybe even in addition to, if they do sign Penny?
The dream is they draft my sleeper RB

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drake.png

Jacob owners are likely happy that he has the same cuff this season.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 291187

Jacob owners are likely happy that he has the same cuff this season.
not this Jacobs owner. Drake is far to costly to obtain for what he brings to the table, assuming you haven't already obtained him, and in at least one case, I was never able/willing to meet that asking price. I was definitely looking forward to the Raiders cutting him and searching out a less expensive option (and likely better too..Drake sucks outside of the RPO world).

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the QB dominos falling, i wonder if Trubisky lands in Indy?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Mary Kay Cabot reports the Browns have had Derek Carr "on their radar" this offseason.
At the conclusion of the Browns' forgettable 2021 season, it was widely assumed Cleveland would make every effort to upgrade on Baker Mayfield under center, but coach Kevin Stefanski has at times this offseason hyped up his beleaguered incumbent starter. There just aren't many avenues to significantly upgrade on Mayfield if you're the Browns. Carr would be a modest one, if one at all. And both quarterbacks need new contracts. Multiple teams have reportedly shown interest in Carr. It remains unclear if the Raiders are actually open to trading him."

Please please please!!!!

get it done before free agency starts so that you can get Mariota signed without competition.

Raiders just went from the 3rd best QB in the division, to dead last without moving a muscle. Worst WR corps in the division, 2nd best RB, 2nd best TE, possibly the worst-2nd worst Oline...they don't need a pocket passer at QB, they need a playmaker