• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hear the Panthers are trying to move CMac.
there's one that would really shock me. Not because he's an untradeable asset, but he's got such a terrible contract to move. Even if they find someone willing to take it on, and designate it post June 1..what can you honestly expect in return when its such an obvious salary dump move? you cant honestly expect anyone to take that contract, AND give up a first AND another player, for a guy who's missed 23 of the last 33 games can you? I mean..geesh

I could see taking the contract on, and handing over a mid rounder and a 2nd tier RB in return or something..but a #1?? they crazy

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna facepalm this..but it goes on you, not the Seahawks, were it needs to. are they angling for the 1.1 in 2023? Might as well cut Bobby Wagner while they're at it and save the cap space
I think Lockett is great and not a fan of trading him. If they do I guess the fire sale is full on.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shockingly quite in here for a day featuring a Russel Wilson trade, and multiple franchise tags assigned.
what cant you hear me crying.......... Ridley/Fant/Metcalfe all over ....

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meanwhile

Deshaun Watson's criminal sexual misconduct case will be presented to a grand jury on Friday.​

Ten women filed criminal complaints against Watson, and three allege sexual assault or attempted sexual assault. It is unclear how many the Houston DA plans to present to the grand jury, but legal scholars seem to believe the proceeding will be more likely than not to result in criminal charges. Then, either a trial or plea agreement will follow. It is an ominous legal development for the 26-year-old. Despite now a year-plus of endless trade chatter, Watson's NFL saga is no closer to resolution than it was in 2021. His legal saga could be just beginning.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shockingly quite in here for a day featuring a Russel Wilson trade, and multiple franchise tags assigned.
Guessing you mean quiet?
I wonder if Denver was pining for Rodgers until his mega deal. Next up was RW in which they wasted no time.
Just kind of waiting for other chips to fall now.

Thought i saw on 1 report that Seahawks are also trying to trade Lockett too.

Last edited:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing you mean quiet?
I wonder if Denver was pining for Rodgers until his mega deal. Next up was RW in which they wasted no time.
Just kind of waiting for other chips to fall now.

Thought i saw on 1 report that Seahawks are also trying to trade Lockett too.
See, I was so torn up by the lack of discussion I couldn't even get the words right!

According to the Denver dudes, they claim, that RW was always Paton's first choice, and point to how quickly the deal got done as evidence.

My linear thought process, on the other hand, says...well, I see a definite cause and effect going on here, and most likely Paton called up Seattle and said, "hey, we offered GB 2 #1's, 2 #2's, Drew Lock and Jerry Juedy for Rodgers, would you take that for Wilson?", Seattle says, "make it Fant, not Juedy, we're set with Lockett and DK, and you've got a deal"

And yep, after trading RW, cutting Wagner, i totally buy them ahopping Lockett. If I am a higher priced vet in Seattle right now, I'm making plans to relocate

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I was so torn up by the lack of discussion I couldn't even get the words right!

According to the Denver dudes, they claim, that RW was always Paton's first choice, and point to how quickly the deal got done as evidence.

My linear thought process, on the other hand, says...well, I see a definite cause and effect going on here, and most likely Paton called up Seattle and said, "hey, we offered GB 2 #1's, 2 #2's, Drew Lock and Jerry Juedy for Rodgers, would you take that for Wilson?", Seattle says, "make it Fant, not Juedy, we're set with Lockett and DK, and you've got a deal"

And yep, after trading RW, cutting Wagner, i totally buy them ahopping Lockett. If I am a higher priced vet in Seattle right now, I'm making plans to relocate
I doubt Lockett goes anywhere, in fact I think it's poppycock to consider. It would be a big hit to the cap and Carroll loves the guy. I can't imagine how trading him makes sense. It's just click bait. Better chance that Metcalf gets moved because he's in the final year of his rookie contract and is going to want huge money. Also he has more trade value. Not saying Metcalf gets moved mind you, only it's more likely then Lockett getting moved.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok fine Indy. I will trade your Jordan Love for Michael Pittman. You dont have to beg

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fournette.png

Now this is a interesting development as I figured the Bucs would hang onto him. He did play well last season I thought. Good landing spots for him are questionable given his age. Likely a set back for Fournette owners if he goes else where.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 291124

Now this is a interesting development as I figured the Bucs would hang onto him. He did play well last season I thought. Good landing spots for him are questionable given his age. Likely a set back for Fournette owners if he goes else where.
Depends on where he goes. He played very well last year

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on where he goes. He played very well last year
Yes he played well last season but don't think he's viewed as a top workhorse back anymore. The better teams have good RBs and rebuilding teams likely rather draft a RB then sign a 27 year old one unless it's on the cheap.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he played well last season but don't think he's viewed as a top workhorse back anymore. The better teams have good RBs and rebuilding teams likely rather draft a RB then sign a 27 year old one unless it's on the cheap.
Rams and Chiefs, imho, could both REALLY use a back like Fournette

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams and Chiefs, imho, could both REALLY use a back like Fournette
Maybe but both those teams are already dealing with redoing contracts, attempting to ink their own players, cap space and doubt they view RB as their biggest issue.