• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use Jags as the example because they have no choice but to overpay right now
They have 12 draft picks including 4 top 70 picks. As for free agents they only need to make the best offer which doesn't necessarily mean over paying.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny though..put yourself in shoes like Gallup's.

Let's say a team like JAX, or any other current bottom feeders, make the best offer. You're 26, you're looking at a 3-4 year deal, which puts you at 29-30, one more shot for a big pay day..are you gonna take the money now and tie your chances on that final payday to Trevor Lawrence, or possibly unknown random QBx? Will your production with that team justify a big final long term contract, or are you gonna be facing another one year "prove it" deal type of situation because that offense has been junk your entire time there? Heck if I know, just stuff I think about

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's say a team like JAX, or any other current bottom feeders, make the best offer. You're 26, you're looking at a 3-4 year deal, which puts you at 29-30, one more shot for a big pay day..are you gonna take the money now and tie your chances on that final payday to Trevor Lawrence, or possibly unknown random QBx? Will your production with that team justify a big final long term contract, or are you gonna be facing another one year "prove it" deal type of situation because that offense has been junk your entire time there? Heck if I know, just stuff I think about
Yup signing with a bottom feeder is the down side of taking the best offer vs staying with the Cowboys for a prove it year contract. If it was me I take the prove it contract with the Cowboys. I don't actually expect a stellar season for Gallup next season but he'll show he's health again ( hopefully) and then get the Cowboys to give him a decent long term contract. :hope:

Or maybe a prove it contract with the Chiefs. That would be great also.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have 12 draft picks including 4 top 70 picks. As for free agents they only need to make the best offer which doesn't necessarily mean over paying.
Remember this is the same franchise that bid themselves up for Nick Foles. I will put nothing past them

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caveat being it was a different GM but still...stinking is stinking lol

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup signing with a bottom feeder is the down side of taking the best offer vs staying with the Cowboys for a prove it year contract. If it was me I take the prove it contract with the Cowboys. I don't actually expect a stellar season for Gallup next season but he'll show he's health again ( hopefully) and then get the Cowboys to give him a decent long term contract. :hope:

Or maybe a prove it contract with the Chiefs. That would be great also.
The Chiefs would be a great fit, 1 year or 4.

He'd be a good compliment for Hill, wouldn't be miscast as 'the downfield guy', although could do it when asked, and they desperately need a truly capable option other than Hill, especially one that could operate the intermediate area well

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be depressing for Gallup owners if he signs with a team like the Jags.
I actually like the coaching hire with Pederson. He can make a young QB look good and he prioritizes the OL, which is what the Jags need.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.

Sign me up. Especially when that one year prove it deal could be a partial year, with an OBJ-like interruption…or ender.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the Panthers with Watson I say

Watson/McCafr/Gallup/Moore--works for me....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most of the 3-4 year deal won’t be guaranteed.

Getting another multi year deal, if he played out the original, is a very slim chance. He’s already played longer than most guys will in their career.

I’d take every penny I could now.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"The Athletic's Nick Kosmider said Aaron Rodgers' $26.5 million cap hit in 2022 would "fold in nicely" with Denver's salary cap space.​

Denver heads into the offseason with $31.7 million in cap space, the seventh highest total in the league. The Broncos could open up as much as $45.7 million more in salary cap space through contract restructures for a handful of key players, meaning the team can absorb mega contracts from the likes of Rodgers, Deshaun Watson, Kirk Cousins, or Russell Wilson. Broncos general manager George Paton said near the end of the 2021 NFL season that the team has "the resources to do whatever we want." Talk of Rodgers leaving the Packers reached a fever pitch Tuesday morning after the unpredictable QB's cryptic social media posts indicating he may or may not be done in Green Bay. The Broncos sport one of the league's best, young skill position cores and would instantly be a Super Bowl contender with Rodgers under center."

Local Denver boys are about 60-40 that the above mentioned "cryptic tweet" is in reference to retirement, not just leaving GB..and yes the contract fits in the cap space..but what about the cost in trade? 2-3 #1's, Jerry Juedy, one of the TE's, Bradley Chubb?? Does that fit?

And what about Adams? is he part of the deal? if we trade for Rodgers, you've gotta promise not to franchise Adams?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler said Marcus Mariota would "make a lot of sense" for the 49ers in 2022.​

Personally I'm holding out hope that Josh McD signs him to a very pricey, multi year, backup QB contract, then trades Carr for anything they can get that's worth a damn.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the 3-4 year deal won’t be guaranteed.

Getting another multi year deal, if he played out the original, is a very slim chance. He’s already played longer than most guys will in their career.

I’d take every penny I could now.

But he's only 25. Most WRs don't begin to fully develop until then or even later.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he's only 25. Most WRs don't begin to fully develop until then or even later.
and its becoming rather common for good ones, to still be really valuable at 30-33, maybe a bit more.

It is true the NFL average career is still hovering right around that 3-4 year mark so yes, the next one is going to take him past that, and for the 'glass half empty' crowd, everything above and beyond that is simply gravy, so make hay while the sun is still up. And, yes you've always got to consider the possibility that any given play could be your last, you still must also consider the long term. Generational financial security is at stake with that potential final big $ contract.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is gonna be a wow, folks.

Ugly is as ugly does.

Steelers senior defensive assistant Brian Flores says he chose not to sign a separation agreement with the Dolphins when he was fired so that he could speak out about his treatment by the team.​

Flores is claiming that Dolphins owner Stephen Ross presented him with a two-year non-disparagement agreement when he was let go by the team, but the 40-year-old Flores turned it down so he could speak out about how the team treated him. John Elefterakis, one of Flores' lawyers, said he left millions of dollars on the table by making that decision. Flores is currently suing the league and several teams, including the Dolphins, and that case is ongoing.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll agree to not disparage the Dolphins for half that.
Same. I will split it with you however I reserve the right to privately make fun of them to my friend that is a Dolphins fan. They dont have to know about that.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like the coaching hire with Pederson. He can make a young QB look good and he prioritizes the OL, which is what the Jags need.
Agree here. Think we see a different Lawrence going forward.