• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The right move financially, the wrong move for winning football games.
He's getting elite money but isn't elite,never been elite, wasn't going to be elite. His production can/will be replaced for a whole lot less.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's getting elite money but isn't elite,never been elite, wasn't going to be elite. His production can/will be replaced for a whole lot less.
Unless they sign Robinson or Godwin, it'll negatively effect Lamb and , I'm assuming, Gallup. His value isn't entirely based on his numbers. yeah dozens of WR's can be at or near 1000 yards, doensnt mean they draw the double teams and allow others to shine.

He is/was overpaid..but he is not at all easily replaced. And it certainly won't be by Gallup

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they sign Robinson or Godwin, it'll negatively effect Lamb and , I'm assuming, Gallup. His value isn't entirely based on his numbers. yeah dozens of WR's can be at or near 1000 yards, doensnt mean they draw the double teams and allow others to shine.

He is/was overpaid..but he is not at all easily replaced. And it certainly won't be by Gallup
Well I'm not sure about Gallup, at one point he looked dang good, but the addition of Lamb put a damper on his production and now the injury. Have to see if he can get back to 100% and how soon. Still I won't be saying it's certainly not Gallup.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm not sure about Gallup, at one point he looked dang good, but the addition of Lamb put a damper on his production and now the injury. Have to see if he can get back to 100% and how soon. Still I won't be saying it's certainly not Gallup.
Well we can agree to disagree on who Cooper is or isn't, and who Gallup is or isn't, or could be.

But, one thing is undeniable, regardless of which one leaves, the offense as a whole, is likely to be hurt. Cooper is used as a 1A, Gallup is used primarily as a deep threat. To me, its seems much easier to replace a deep threat, than to move your 1B (Lamb) into being 1A, and expect your deep threat to replace the 1B, and still need to replace the deep threat. More expensive, but also much more realistic to expect similar results. It'd be an entirely different conversation if the Cowboys currently used Gallup as more of a primary receiver, but they don't, so regardless of who he is or who he can be....within that system, he's the more replaceable option.

To be clear, I love Gallup, always have, I advocated for him hard as a rookie, I drafted him everywhere I could, tried damned hard to trade into spots where I couldn't. I think he's a very good NFL WR, well above average, maybe even on that borderline of greatness. But Cooper is simply better

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we can agree to disagree on who Cooper is or isn't, and who Gallup is or isn't, or could be.

But, one thing is undeniable, regardless of which one leaves, the offense as a whole, is likely to be hurt. Cooper is used as a 1A, Gallup is used primarily as a deep threat. To me, its seems much easier to replace a deep threat, than to move your 1B (Lamb) into being 1A, and expect your deep threat to replace the 1B, and still need to replace the deep threat. More expensive, but also much more realistic to expect similar results. It'd be an entirely different conversation if the Cowboys currently used Gallup as more of a primary receiver, but they don't, so regardless of who he is or who he can be....within that system, he's the more replaceable option.

To be clear, I love Gallup, always have, I advocated for him hard as a rookie, I drafted him everywhere I could, tried damned hard to trade into spots where I couldn't. I think he's a very good NFL WR, well above average, maybe even on that borderline of greatness. But Cooper is simply better
My stance has been that keeping all their WRs would be ideal except for the cap.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...his injury must not be as bad as first thought, right?

That said, Jerrah and Son confuse the hell outta me.

I agree with @HaroldSeattle that Amari is totally overrated, but he wasn't exactly chopped liver.

Evidently, the Dallas braintrust disagrees.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Cowboys are "close" to re-signing Michael Gallup.​

The Dallas wide receiver news cycle rolls on. By all accounts, the Cowboys have chosen Gallup over Amari Cooper, who is expected to be traded or released by March 20. The Cowboys can probably sign Gallup -- who tore his ACL in January -- to a team-friendly deal. Gallup, the WR18 in PPR points per game in 2019, operating as the Cowboys' No. 2 wideout, has an outside shot of being ready for the season opener.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torn? Where's he gonna go? Tampa, maybe? I would happily see him go to the Vikings.

In exchange, the Pack can have Captain Kirk and what's left on his contract. :)

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Aaron Rodgers is "torn on where he wants to play" in 2022.​

Rodgers is "going back and forth on what he wants," according to Rapoport, who added talks with the Packers have remained positive. What team Rodgers is considering leaving the Packers for is still unclear, but this confirms he has no plans to retire. Green Bay's roster moves have suggested they plan on Rodgers returning, with the team clearing cap space in an attempt to sign Rodgers and Davante Adams to contract extensions. Rodgers is expected to make his decision before Tuesday's franchise tag deadline.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...his injury must not be as bad as first thought, right?

That said, Jerrah and Son confuse the hell outta me.

I agree with @HaroldSeattle that Amari is totally overrated, but he wasn't exactly chopped liver.

Evidently, the Dallas braintrust disagrees.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Cowboys are "close" to re-signing Michael Gallup.​

The Dallas wide receiver news cycle rolls on. By all accounts, the Cowboys have chosen Gallup over Amari Cooper, who is expected to be traded or released by March 20. The Cowboys can probably sign Gallup -- who tore his ACL in January -- to a team-friendly deal. Gallup, the WR18 in PPR points per game in 2019, operating as the Cowboys' No. 2 wideout, has an outside shot of being ready for the season opener.
Damn the idea he'll be ready by season opener is getting me excited. Always was a fan of his.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torn? Where's he gonna go? Tampa, maybe? I would happily see him go to the Vikings.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Aaron Rodgers is "torn on where he wants to play" in 2022.​

Rodgers is "going back and forth on what he wants," according to Rapoport, who added talks with the Packers have remained positive. What team Rodgers is considering leaving the Packers for is still unclear, but this confirms he has no plans to retire. Green Bay's roster moves have suggested they plan on Rodgers returning, with the team clearing cap space in an attempt to sign Rodgers and Davante Adams to contract extensions. Rodgers is expected to make his decision before Tuesday's franchise tag deadline.
If Rodgers leaves GB then he is dumber than advertised. GB & Rodgers have the chance to win the division handily. Its almost a free ticket to a playoff birth. That path may not come as easily if leaves for another team.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well he could retire, he could stay in GB..and then there's at least 4 teams that would likely trade the farm to get him, on which case he can use his no trade to "choose", so long as they meet the Pack's price. He can't exactly pick and choose, but he certainly has option to choose from.

Denver would give them anything they want
Vegas would trade for him, I don't think TB has the trade capital, Miami perhaps, Colts, Giants, Panthers..Niners.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PFT’s Mike Florio reports Aaron Rodgers is deciding between the Packers, Broncos, Steelers, and Titans.​

Retirement appears to be off the table, and Rodgers seems committed to continue his playing career after back-to-back MVPs. As Florio puts it, the Packers already have potential trades laid out with the other three AFC teams if Rodgers decides he doesn’t want to stay in Green Bay. A decision sounds like it should be on the horizon, and it certainly needs to be done before the start of the new league year on March 16. The Packers are still the favorite here, but Rodgers has the ball in his court

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
poor fella:suds:

Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline reports Jets general manager Joe Douglas has been "gushing" about Arkansas WR Treylon Burks.​

Pauline said Burks, who is 6'2" and 225 pounds and ran a 4.55 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine, is the top wideout on the Jets' draft board. "Whether or not Burks’ subpar Combine performance changes that ranking remains to be seen," Pauline said. "Not only did Burks test poorly, but he did not look good in position drills." Burks, fresh off an 1,104-yard, 12-touchdown season at Arkansas, would make for an intriguing addition to a receiver room with Elijah Moore. The Jets have two top-10 draft picks.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline reports Jets general manager Joe Douglas has been "gushing" about Arkansas WR Treylon Burks.​

Pauline said Burks, who is 6'2" and 225 pounds and ran a 4.55 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine, is the top wideout on the Jets' draft board. "Whether or not Burks’ subpar Combine performance changes that ranking remains to be seen," Pauline said. "Not only did Burks test poorly, but he did not look good in position drills." Burks, fresh off an 1,104-yard, 12-touchdown season at Arkansas, would make for an intriguing addition to a receiver room with Elijah Moore. The Jets have two top-10 draft picks.
giphy (90).gif :pound::pound::pound:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is such a Belichick move.

The Boston Sports Journal's Greg Bedard reports the Patriots have talked to the Panthers about trading for WR Robby Anderson.​

The Panthers are listening to offers on Anderson, who didn't record a single 100-yard game and had a 6% drop rate in 2021 after signing a two-year, $20 million extension. Trading Anderson would clear $9 million in cap space for the Panthers but leave $7.6 million in dead money. Anderson falls into the mold of understated receivers Bill Belichick likes and would have a clear path to snaps in New England. The Patriots are expected to target a veteran receiver in a trade over drafting one this offseason.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what to think about this; if the Bills are gonna pony up Gronk-type money, Gronk will certainly be the starter.

The Bills are open to the possibility of signing Gronkowski this offseason, Tim Graham of The Athletic reports.

Analysis​

The report notes that Gronkowski and the Bills spoke last spring, but the tight end ultimately stayed with Tampa Bay on a one-year deal to continue playing with quarterback Tom Brady. Now that Brady has retired, Graham suggests that the Western New York native may be willing to finish his career with his hometown team. If the interest is mutual and Gronkowski joins the Bills ahead of his age-33 season, he could be part of a timeshare at tight end with Dawson Knox, who produced a 49-587-9 receiving line in 15 games last season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what to think about this; if the Bills are gonna pony up Gronk-type money, Gronk will certainly be the starter.

The Bills are open to the possibility of signing Gronkowski this offseason, Tim Graham of The Athletic reports.

Analysis​

The report notes that Gronkowski and the Bills spoke last spring, but the tight end ultimately stayed with Tampa Bay on a one-year deal to continue playing with quarterback Tom Brady. Now that Brady has retired, Graham suggests that the Western New York native may be willing to finish his career with his hometown team. If the interest is mutual and Gronkowski joins the Bills ahead of his age-33 season, he could be part of a timeshare at tight end with Dawson Knox, who produced a 49-587-9 receiving line in 15 games last season.
As a Knox fan not sure I like the news.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Knox fan not sure I like the news.
I agree. Not only severely cutting into his playing time, it seems to me that it might also be a morale killer.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NFL suspended Calvin Ridley "indefinitely at least through the conclusion of the 2022 season for betting on NFL games in the 2021 season."​

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Analysis​

As a Buffalo homer, Gronk would have been nice… in his draft year… coming out of Buffalo.

But we selected Terrell Troupe right in front of the Pats pick that year.

Terrell Troupe? You ask…. Exactly.
:L