• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports that the Vikings and Buccaneers are among the teams that Deshaun Watson is interested in being traded to this offseason.​

Watson has a no-trade clause, so his interest in a team is crucial to a deal being finalized. Watson remains the defendant in 22 civil cases filed by women across four states who are alleging sexual assault or inappropriate behavior. The Houston police department is also investigating the complaints of 10 women against Watson. Until Watson's legal issues are resolved it will be difficult for a team to justify trading for him. This is especially true because the Texans' asking price has been off-the-charts. Houston reportedly turned down an offer of three first-round picks and two second-round picks from the Dolphins in-season. The Texans reportedly believed they could get more once Watson's legal issues are resolved. The timeline for that to happen remains uncertain.

shocker, the two teams with hands down the best WR corps in the league, outside of maybe Cincy.
Not sure that Minny would bite.
I know that not many like Kirk Cousins, but he and his new coach Kevin O'Connell were together in Washington and the tea leaves may suggest a happy reunion.

And seriously? Some news stories had Watson portrayed as this perv just a notch below a serial rapist. Sounds extremely optimistic that he would get to "choose" his next gig.

Last edited:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that not many like Kirk Cousins, but he and his new coach Kevin O'Connell were together in Washington and the tea leaves may suggest a happy reunion.

And seriously? Some news stories had Watson portrayed as this perv just a notch below a serial rapist. Sounds extremely optimistic that he would get to "choose" his next gig.
Captain Kirk is goin' nowhere, and yes, it may turn out to be just what the Vikes need. I really liked Mike Zimmer, but on this team, an offensive minded HC was sorely needed.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, pretty much all around. I think Cousins stays..40 mil is a tough contract to trade.

And Watson does have the no trade clause, so he does have something to say about it, but if he truly wants out of Houston, he may have to really expand on the 'acceptable' destinations, cuz there aren't all that many willing to take a bit outta that pie

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Houston truly turned down 3 firsts and 2 seconds, thinking that someone is going to pay more.....

Sure Jan GIF

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, pretty much all around. I think Cousins stays..40 mil is a tough contract to trade.

And Watson does have the no trade clause, so he does have something to say about it, but if he truly wants out of Houston, he may have to really expand on the 'acceptable' destinations, cuz there aren't all that many willing to take a bit outta that pie

Speaking with Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer, Lovie Smith noted that he wants resolution on QB Deshaun Watson's standing with the team "as soon as possible."​

"There are things that need to be taken care of before the football part comes into play. We’re patient, we’ve waited an entire year and I just feel like this offseason, it’ll come to an end and we’ll get it solved and it’ll be good for both parties, whatever that might be," Smith added. Smith has struck a decidedly more open tone on the Watson situation in his answers on it, but the money is still heavily on the Texans trading Watson. Watson's deposition is scheduled for February 22nd.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lots of flexing going on. He does have a no-trade clause, so he's going to keep acting like it matters until all his options are gone. Houston will keep asking for the moon (which, honestly, is the correct price for a young possibly perennial top-5 QB). And yet at that price certainly nobody will trade for him until his legal issues are resolved.

So this stuff is all geared toward a future where he's only guilty of a couple of misdemeanors and has settled the civil claims. Then there's the league penalty - sit for four games? For a whole season?. Only when that's all settled will he be able to take a stab at an apology and showing that he's a different guy now, which will help determine the extent of the PR hit.

Until then not much can really be done. But he also doesn't want to be forgotten and have all the QB-needy teams settle on a different path, so this is just a little wave at the Vikes and Bucs.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then there's the league penalty - sit for four games? For a whole season?
It would not be a shock to me if the league determines that all of his games missed as a "healthy scratch" get applied to whatever penalty he has to serve (if any).

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local Denver boys reporting on some nasty whispers coming out of KC about a big rift between Bienemy and Mahommes/Andy Reid..origins begining in last years SB, and culminating at half time of the AFC title game this year..which may explain how pathetic they were in the second half..and also explain some of the reasons as to why Bienemy still isn't a head coach.

Interesting stuff

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local Denver boys reporting on some nasty whispers coming out of KC about a big rift between Bienemy and Mahommes/Andy Reid..origins begining in last years SB, and culminating at half time of the AFC title game this year..which may explain how pathetic they were in the second half..and also explain some of the reasons as to why Bienemy still isn't a head coach.

Interesting stuff
I saw some stuff too. They have to be physically separated multiple times reportedly

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting stuff
Truth be told you shouldn't be arguing about play-calling at half time when you scored a TD on all but one possession in the first half. Sure the non-TD was a terrible play call, but you can't let that destroy your mojo for the second half.

That's on Reid IMO, much as I like the guy. That's the moment for real leadership. You can argue with your OC in the off-season.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told you shouldn't be arguing about play-calling at half time when you scored a TD on all but one possession in the first half. Sure the non-TD was a terrible play call, but you can't let that destroy your mojo for the second half.

That's on Reid IMO, much as I like the guy. That's the moment for real leadership. You can argue with your OC in the off-season.
I would agree From what I've heard, Reid definitely dropped the ball on nipping that situation in the bud.

That being said, since Bienemy is an ex Buffalos RB from back in the day, the local dudes have a pretty good read on the guy, and he's a known hot head and kind of difficult to get along with in a work environment. Fiery personality is the nice way they framed it.

Still, the buck ultimately stops with Andy Reid, especially considering its not like this was a one time flare up, its obviously something that has been an ongoing issue.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never a dull moment in the NFL. I admire Tomlin for looking past the drama and hiring a good coach.

Steelers hired ex-Dolphins coach Brian Flores as senior defensive assistant and LBs coach.​

Flores will be new DC Teryl Austin’s top assistant after Austin replaced Keith Butler on coach Mike Tomlin’s staff. Flores coached linebackers in New England before landing the Dolphins’ head-coaching job in 2019. Despite landing the job with the Steelers, Flores’ lawsuit against the NFL will continue, obviously.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF so...how is this gonna happen?

Or are we just in total coachspeak mode already?

Sports Illustrated's Mike Fisher reports the Cowboys are expected to prioritize re-signing WR Michael Gallup this offseason.​

With Amari Cooper owed a fully guaranteed $20 million salary and CeeDee Lamb a year away from being extension eligible, Dallas would need to mortgage cap space to keep Gallup. The Cowboys hope Gallup, who had surgery earlier this month and is targeting an August return, is open to a team friendly deal, with the 25-year-old potentially staying in Dallas on a one-year contract. Gallup's August timetable would be a best case scenario at six months removed from surgery. It's likely Gallup misses the start of training camp and he'll need a setback-free rehab to avoid opening the regular season on reserve/PUP.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sports Illustrated's Mike Fisher reports the Cowboys are expected to prioritize re-signing WR Michael Gallup this offseason.​

With Amari Cooper owed a fully guaranteed $20 million salary and CeeDee Lamb a year away from being extension eligible, Dallas would need to mortgage cap space to keep Gallup. The Cowboys hope Gallup, who had surgery earlier this month and is targeting an August return, is open to a team friendly deal, with the 25-year-old potentially staying in Dallas on a one-year contract. Gallup's August timetable would be a best case scenario at six months removed from surgery. It's likely Gallup misses the start of training camp and he'll need a setback-free rehab to avoid opening the regular season on reserve/PUP.
A one year deal is nice for Gallup, but still leaves his long term future up in the air. Well it's a start.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally, I think they'd be nuts to sign him. Not that he's not worth it, but he's unnecessary in that offense with what else they've got. Only way it makes sense if they redo Cooper's deal, or cut him post June 1st. Baring that, it's far too much cap space for one position. There's a metric shit ton of available WR's that could fill that third spot adequately.

They need to rebuild that Oline, and maybe get some Dline/edge rushers to allow Parsons to play middle LB instead of DE...not that he didn't do great at it, but the LB's suffered.
Regardless, WR is not a priority, and Gallup deserves better than whatever he'd have to settle for to stay in Dallas