• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Watson jail, suspension or NFL starter in A-Miami B-Carolina
I actually think none of those is the case. I think he avoids jail but the NFL finds enough evidence to suspend him for the entire 2022 season which makes him impossible to trade and Houston cuts him, then in 2023 he's free to sign with whoever is willing to take the PR hit for him to play for them, so like 22 teams. LOL.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think none of those is the case. I think he avoids jail but the NFL finds enough evidence to suspend him for the entire 2022 season which makes him impossible to trade and Houston cuts him, then in 2023 he's free to sign with whoever is willing to take the PR hit for him to play for them, so like 22 teams. LOL.
I just dont know what evidence they can find. He was nearly traded last year but couldnt get two of the cases to settle. I honestly thinks it mostly goes away and he sits maybe 4 games.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont know what evidence they can find. He was nearly traded last year but couldnt get two of the cases to settle. I honestly thinks it mostly goes away and he sits maybe 4 games.
What organizations do you think would 1 -be willing to take that PR hit, and 2-are capable of of absorbing that PR hit?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What organizations do you think would 1 -be willing to take that PR hit, and 2-are capable of of absorbing that PR hit?
Havent we all seen winning is worth more than any PR nightmare...at least for most teams? A desperate team that feels they might be a QB away will take the plunge IMO.

With that said, I still havent heard that he physically forced himself on any of them. I will buy coerced but is talking your way into sexual acts illegal?

BTW I am not excusing away his behavior. I think this will follow him around and rightfully so. I am just trying to look at all sides.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havent we all seen winning is worth more than any PR nightmare...at least for most teams? A desperate team that feels they might be a QB away will take the plunge IMO.

With that said, I still havent heard that he physically forced himself on any of them. I will buy coerced but is talking your way into sexual acts illegal?

BTW I am not excusing away his behavior. I think this will follow him around and rightfully so. I am just trying to look at all sides.
Im not disagreeing on any front. Just think pending sexual assault allegations are an issue. Think teams will shy away. Just my thought though. Teams will gamble, just not sure who, but i agree someone will.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not disagreeing on any front. Just think pending sexual assault allegations are an issue. Think teams will shy away. Just my thought though. Teams will gamble, just not sure who, but i agree someone will.
Carolina, Miami(they need a problem to take attention away from the Flores lawsuit), Denver, etc

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina, Miami(they need a problem to take attention away from the Flores lawsuit), Denver, etc
Yeah but with flores stuff do you want more questionable press? Carolina yeah. Denver i think may depend on ownership. Think it anyone could do it, its the Steelers but they wont.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but with flores stuff do you want more questionable press? Carolina yeah. Denver i think may depend on ownership. Think it anyone could do it, its the Steelers but they wont.
Its the same principle as the national news media...when you have a problem that wont go away, throw another public issue in there for a distraction.

Ross offering money to intentionally lose is very bad

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, but that's what I'm sayin': address that OL and if you've got some money left, make a run at Gronk.

Of course, I don't know what the inner circle thinks, I just use common sense. ;)
just saw they have the third most cap space at 58mil, they certainly can make moves.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Public probably more forgiving for pushing for happy endings than dog fighting… If Vick got a second chance, I’d imagine Watson will…

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason whatsoever for him to go back into the game.

However, we all know the NFL mentality.

According to NFL Network's Mike Garafolo, Kyler Murray refused to go back into the team's playoff loss to the Rams in the fourth quarter.​

"Case in point, the playoff game here, a minute left and the game had been decided, and backup Colt McCoy encouraged Murray to finish the game with his teammates. A banged-up Murray said no, that’s it, I’m done. so I know a lot of Cardinals folks were not happy with that one,” Garafolo reported. Despite the organization's statement that "nothing has changed" regarding their high regard for Murray, this is the kind of cold war you don't really want to have brewing with your franchise quarterback who is extension-eligible this offseason in the fourth year of his rookie deal. The clouds over the Arizona situation have been gathering for a bit, portending an interesting offseason at the very least. For what it's worth, Ian Rapoport also said Monday that "he is going to be the Arizona Cardinals quarterback for next year."

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Public probably more forgiving for pushing for happy endings than dog fighting… If Vick got a second chance, I’d imagine Watson will…
That was pre #metoo ..I highly doubt the public gives some rich prick a pass for hiring an accused rapist

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was pre #metoo ..I highly doubt the public gives some rich prick a pass for hiring an accused rapist

football guy throws the football good and wins football game, public won't remember the rest.

IE: Ben Roethlisberger

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all are forgetting: this is the NFL.
Compromises will be made.
Money will change hands.
Goodell is already working as a spin doctor.
I can't wait to see what next year's Super Bowl Halftime Show is about.
@Trudem is right. Outside of murder, second (or even third) chances will always be given.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF : Better hope that "screen pass" stuff works. Welcome to Kirk Cousins II.

Vincent Bonsignore of the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that any extension for Raiders QB Derek Carr "would likely be in the $40m per season range."​

"The sense is that no proposals have been exchanged yet on an extension," Bonsignore also says. When you factor in the salary cap going up, Carr is essentially asking for a Kirk Cousins deal. It's hard to say that he doesn't deserve it. The Raiders braintrust of Josh McDaniels and Dave Ziegler reportedly love Carr, so this should be something that gets done in the next month or so.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted, he is a very successful owner, but Robert Kraft was post #metoo … Situations are similar, though admittedly not same.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted, he is a very successful owner, but Robert Kraft was post #metoo … Situations are similar, though admittedly not same.
Haha, yes, true, but at least Kraft went to a prostitution ring for his happy endings. Buying a hooker, and claiming you 'didn't know she was a sex slave", is apparently better than forcing a BJ for an acting role