• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All touchdowns are reviewed. I don’t think it’s crazy to have the review of the Higgins TD and say: oh look at that, obvious OPI. We gotta call this one back.

Apple’s PI was definitely PI. (A good penalty imo, since that was a TD if he didn’t hold).
The Wilson play, not so much. That’s gotta be frustrating as a LB playing perfect D on a WR.
well yeah it is reviewed as a scoring play, but since they nixed the PI review, that couldn't be included in the review process..so do we bring back PI review, and perhaps do away with the ridiculous requirements that came with it to overturn a call? maybe that's the answer? It was just such a friggin disaster when they tried it, I don't know that it'll ever gain momentum to be reinstituted

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
refs always suck, doesn't matter if it looks like it sucks from one side's point of view, there's always a breakdown that shows them missing calls or getting them wrong the other way throughout any game as well. sucks that the one that was very glaring was on final scoring drive that gave the rams the lead though.

There's about 2sec of Wilson with both hands on Kupp before he makes the play on the ball. Didn't seem right, but also can't say it was some made up horrible call that should be reversed. Refs have to make a decision in the moment. Whether Wilson held/pulled Kupp back at all is very questionable, but the flag came from behind Wilson, so think of the view he had on this instance.

1644862625128.png

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
refs always suck, doesn't matter if it looks like it sucks from one side's point of view, there's always a breakdown that shows them missing calls or getting them wrong the other way throughout any game as well. sucks that the one that was very glaring was on final scoring drive that gave the rams the lead though.

There's about 2sec of Wilson with both hands on Kupp before he makes the play on the ball. Didn't seem right, but also can't say it was some made up horrible call that should be reversed. Refs have to make a decision in the moment. Whether Wilson held/pulled Kupp back at all is very questionable, but the flag came from behind Wilson, so think of the view he had on this instance.

View attachment 289241
Do you mean to tell me refs don't have multiple angles, frame by frame super slow motion available to them at the exact second they need to throw a flag?? ;)

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a great opportunity for the officials to get together and discuss a call. Multiple people had to see what was going on. Just like the did on the play with offsetting calls.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back to stuff that isn't ref's and what not--

Guess its "official" now...

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Odell Beckham tore his ACL in the Super Bowl against the Bengals.​

OBJ writhed in pain after a non-contact injury just before halftime in the Rams' Super Bowl win. The free-agent-to-be had caught two of his three targets for 52 yards and a first quarter touchdown, creating separation at will and out-muscling Bengals defenders. The injury -- his second torn ACL in two years -- is a devastating blow for Beckham, whose resurgence as a pass-catching force in the LA offense was a bright spot of the 2021 NFL season. He'll likely settle for a short-term deal with a good offensive team where he might serve as the WR2 or WR3. Kansas City has rumored interest in Beckham.

C ya around week 16-18 2022 Odell.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back to stuff that isn't ref's and what not--

Guess its "official" now...

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Odell Beckham tore his ACL in the Super Bowl against the Bengals.​

OBJ writhed in pain after a non-contact injury just before halftime in the Rams' Super Bowl win. The free-agent-to-be had caught two of his three targets for 52 yards and a first quarter touchdown, creating separation at will and out-muscling Bengals defenders. The injury -- his second torn ACL in two years -- is a devastating blow for Beckham, whose resurgence as a pass-catching force in the LA offense was a bright spot of the 2021 NFL season. He'll likely settle for a short-term deal with a good offensive team where he might serve as the WR2 or WR3. Kansas City has rumored interest in Beckham.

C ya around week 16-18 2022 Odell.
If even that soon. If its the same knee so it could cause some issues.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If even that soon. If its the same knee so it could cause some issues.
The sideline reporter last night said it was NOT the knee he tore in 2020..but..could be wrong.

According to the injury history article on Sportsnation..it IS the same leg--the left one

edited..yeah she was wrong..or i heard it incorrectly..either way.. numerous sources say its the same leg. So yeah, could be a long one..ouch

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals address that OL, possibly go after Gronk and keep that core together? YOW.

Joe Burrow was sacked 70 times in 21 games this season, the third-most in NFL history.​

Burrow's beating in 2021 trails only Randall Cunningham's 72 sacks taken in 1986 and David Carr's 76 sacks taken in 2002. He was once again under nonstop duress in the Bengals' Super Bowl loss to the Rams, taking seven sacks. Burrow was pressured on 36 percent of his postseason drop backs, a slight increase over his 33.7 percent regular season pressure rate. Look for the Bengals this offseason to spend significant resources shoring up their shoddy offensive line, graded by Pro Football Focus as one of the worst pass-blocking units in the NFL. Cincinnati ranked 30th in ESPN’s pass block win rate metric, which measures how often a team allows pressure within 2.5 seconds of the snap. Saints T Terron Armstead and Bucs C Ryan Jensen, both of whom could be available in free agency, would be major upgrades for the Bengals offensive line.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals address that OL, possibly go after Gronk and keep that core together? YOW.

Joe Burrow was sacked 70 times in 21 games this season, the third-most in NFL history.​

Burrow's beating in 2021 trails only Randall Cunningham's 72 sacks taken in 1986 and David Carr's 76 sacks taken in 2002. He was once again under nonstop duress in the Bengals' Super Bowl loss to the Rams, taking seven sacks. Burrow was pressured on 36 percent of his postseason drop backs, a slight increase over his 33.7 percent regular season pressure rate. Look for the Bengals this offseason to spend significant resources shoring up their shoddy offensive line, graded by Pro Football Focus as one of the worst pass-blocking units in the NFL. Cincinnati ranked 30th in ESPN’s pass block win rate metric, which measures how often a team allows pressure within 2.5 seconds of the snap. Saints T Terron Armstead and Bucs C Ryan Jensen, both of whom could be available in free agency, would be major upgrades for the Bengals offensive line.
yep, a guy who had his season ended last year with a bad injury, and wasnt even supposed to be totally ready this year. Got you to the superbowl. But as a team, your solution was to get him hit AGAIN at a historic rate.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, a guy who had his season ended last year with a bad injury, and wasnt even supposed to be totally ready this year. Got you to the superbowl. But as a team, your solution was to get him hit AGAIN at a historic rate.

Yep, but that's what I'm sayin': address that OL and if you've got some money left, make a run at Gronk.

Of course, I don't know what the inner circle thinks, I just use common sense. ;)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years in a row a QB switching teams won the SB

Will Rodgers make a run at 3 yrs in a row or stay in GB?
Any other QBs with a realistic shot to switch teams and be a legit candidate to win it, as of today?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years in a row a QB switching teams won the SB

Will Rodgers make a run at 3 yrs in a row or stay in GB?
Any other QBs with a realistic shot to switch teams and be a legit candidate to win it, as of today?
Some of the local boys in Denver are convinced that after his speech receiving the MVP award, he's retiring

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, but that's what I'm sayin': address that OL and if you've got some money left, make a run at Gronk.

Of course, I don't know what the inner circle thinks, I just use common sense. ;)
sorry! i knew what you were saying, i was just adding on as more of you could of done SOMETHING this year, and if you don't next year, then hes gonna be andrew luck or david carr

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the local boys in Denver are convinced that after his speech receiving the MVP award, he's retiring
only thing holding back denver in the rodgers chase, or with any QB who can decide where they wanna go is the AFC.....and the division. A guy like rodgers fears no one. But work smarter, not harder.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only thing holding back denver in the rodgers chase, or with any QB who can decide where they wanna go is the AFC.....and the division. A guy like rodgers fears no one. But work smarter, not harder.
I would say that the ownership situation and the coaching situation, would be a much larger deterrent than Mahommes/Herbert/Carr. Now in Rodgers case, the coaching situation, not so much, considering Hackett and he go back a little.

But, then there's also how much will it take to get GB to say yes?? And I think they'd very much prefer moving him to the AFC

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that the ownership situation and the coaching situation, would be a much larger deterrent than Mahommes/Herbert/Carr. Now in Rodgers case, the coaching situation, not so much, considering Hackett and he go back a little.

But, then there's also how much will it take to get GB to say yes?? And I think they'd very much prefer moving him to the AFC
Yeah I would think coaching would actually be a positive. I don't think ownership would deter him, its not like you won't have owners. Perhaps you know more about this than me, and if so, please share :-). But as far as QB's go. The AFC will have Mahomes, Herbert, Burrow, LJax, Josh Allen. The NFC stafford? Russ? Kyler? I dunno......Recent superbowl winners all have one thing in common almost every time, a great qb. One conference seems loaded. Even team wise. All the great qb's in the AFC have good teams or ascending teams. I don't see that at all in the NFC. I heard someone use Brady to Tampa in the same way, but who knows. I always think rodgers is a flamingo, and , mildly overrated, I'd gladly take him in pgh, but we aren't ready to win a superbowl, so why go there.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I would think coaching would actually be a positive. I don't think ownership would deter him, its not like you won't have owners. Perhaps you know more about this than me, and if so, please share :-). But as far as QB's go. The AFC will have Mahomes, Herbert, Burrow, LJax, Josh Allen. The NFC stafford? Russ? Kyler? I dunno......Recent superbowl winners all have one thing in common almost every time, a great qb. One conference seems loaded. Even team wise. All the great qb's in the AFC have good teams or ascending teams. I don't see that at all in the NFC. I heard someone use Brady to Tampa in the same way, but who knows. I always think rodgers is a flamingo, and , mildly overrated, I'd gladly take him in pgh, but we aren't ready to win a superbowl, so why go there.
Well, owners may or may not play a role, who knows. But, the most popular rumors, are a group led by some dude who owns the Wrather Channel and is only worth 400m, meaning he'd be leveraged as hell and be tied to investors who only wanna see profit, or, Jeff Bezos, who obviously has the money to do whatever he wants. If it were me, I'd wanna know which dude was signing my checks, cuase it'll likely make a huge fifference as to the culture around the team, not to mention the makeup of the team. Could it be a Daniel Snyder who is simply milking the NFL for every penny, or a Jerra who will spend all the money he needs to, but meddles, or a Robert Kraft who just let's the football guy do there thing and gets off on trophies? Which one do you want? To heck if I know

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predictions:
Aaron Rodgers stays with the Pack
Kirk Cousins stays with the Vikings
Kyler Murray stays with the football Cards.
Tanny not only stays with the Titans, he becomes a top 10 QB.
Russell Wilson not only stays with the Seahawks, he reclaims his throne as a top 10 QB.
Lamar Jackson is the bust of the year.
Jalen Hurts is right behind Lamar Jackson.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predictions:
Russell Wilson not only stays with the Seahawks, he reclaims his throne as a top 10 QB.
I buy it all...and just as easily, I buy every one being wrong.

Crazy times, crazy

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predictions:
and Watson jail, suspension or NFL starter in A-Miami B-Carolina