• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well..when a player leaves the bench to do something..ya kinda don't have a choice but to flag it...and not even just a player, but an inactive one in street clothes no less...smdh

That was possibly the stupidest thing I've seen in a Super Bowl, ever
I get it, and he was not a uniformed player, but to me the dances for no reason are the worst.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome play by Higgins!

Stop dancing and focus on winning the game!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno what the Rams coaching staff is thinking, but Stafford needs to chuck that ball.

It's what he does best, and he's the best at what he does.

Not to mention that he has the best WR in the league.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well!
This is why I'm not an NFL head coach! ;)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say if the Bengals stop the ridiculousness of putting Perine in on 3rd down, give Mixon the ball...they get that 1st down, and we at minimum end up with OT.

I hate this crap of third down backs. If there's a guy who actually is better in some aspects which are more applicable for certain situations, okay, fine, probably a good plan (although third and short, run play? Maybe shouldnt over think it regardless??). But Perine is better than Mixon at NOTHING, not short yardage, not receiving, not pass pro....NOTHING! He should only be in the game to let Joe catch his breath on occasion, definitely not on crucial 3rd downs in the biggest game of their lives. Stupidity, with perhaps some HC hubris tossed in for good measure

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were a Cincy fan I would be livid. Jalen Ramsey is allowed to clutch and grab, just like prime Sherman, and nary a flag. The flag on Wilson completely impacted the outcome. Yes, the Rams could have scored on 4th down but the Bengals would have had more time and TOs to try and tie/win the game.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were a Cincy fan I would be livid. Jalen Ramsey is allowed to clutch and grab, just like prime Sherman, and nary a flag. The flag on Wilson completely impacted the outcome. Yes, the Rams could have scored on 4th down but the Bengals would have had more time and TOs to try and tie/win the game.
Yes, but to me this is the saints all over again. There was zero outrage when they missed a face mask on goff the series before the saints incident. That woulda given the rans first and goal at the 1. Higgins throws ramsey by the facemask and scores….

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing about the Higgins/Ramsey play? Yep, certainly was a missed OPI, without a doubt, inarguable, missed call. However, given Ramsay's trajectory, where he was headed and when, and where/how Higgins caught the ball?? Results where gonna be same. Had Higgins not given Ramsey an "assist" at over running the play, he'd have done it on his own and ended up spinning his wheels on the sideline, and still wouldn't have caught him.

Sure they blew the call, Ramsey also blew the coverage and had a piss poor attempt at making the play.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but to me this is the saints all over again. There was zero outrage when they missed a face mask on goff the series before the saints incident. That woulda given the rans first and goal at the 1. Higgins throws ramsey by the facemask and scores….
I just cant stomach it when a game is allowed to be played physically, with multiple clear penalties throughout the game, yet the officials choose that time to flag something. A good crew doesnt leave an imprint on the game and the crew last night definitely left their stench on it. One call/non-call might not 100% decided a game but it definitely skews it.

I mean hell, they allowed multiple hits to the helmet/facemask after Donald's clean hit on burrow near the sideline and nothing.

BTW I agree, Higgins got away with a clear facemask.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing about the Higgins/Ramsey play? Yep, certainly was a missed OPI, without a doubt, inarguable, missed call. However, given Ramsay's trajectory, where he was headed and when, and where/how Higgins caught the ball?? Results where gonna be same. Had Higgins not given Ramsey an "assist" at over running the play, he'd have done it on his own and ended up spinning his wheels on the sideline, and still wouldn't have caught him.

Sure they blew the call, Ramsey also blew the coverage and had a piss poor attempt at making the play.
This was my thoughts as well. Ramsey likely flies himself out of position to make a play to prevent a play on the ball. However he might not have fallen to the ground so he could have prevented a TD.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just cant stomach it when a game is allowed to be played physically, with multiple clear penalties throughout the game, yet the officials choose that time to flag something. A good crew doesnt leave an imprint on the game and the crew last night definitely left their stench on it. One call/non-call might not 100% decided a game but it definitely skews it.

I mean hell, they allowed multiple hits to the helmet/facemask after Donald's clean hit on burrow near the sideline and nothing.

BTW I agree, Higgins got away with a clear facemask.
I agree with what u are saying. Totally. It shhould be the same calls all Game through. Totally agree. I just dont think the refs decided the game i guess, if that makes sense.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also very true.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt that face mask should of been called but in a course of a game in real time that is going to get missed on occasion. That was a long play and not sure how close the refs were and did they have a angle to see it? I myself didn't see it until they showed a camera angle that reveled it. They tend to swallow their whistles in the Super Bowl and let them play. Which makes it even more head scratching why they would call something that didn't even happen. How can you see something that never happened? Up to that point the refs were letting the players play. It was a travesty that really make you wonder if games are fixed....for real.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was my thoughts as well. Ramsey likely flies himself out of position to make a play to prevent a play on the ball. However he might not have fallen to the ground so he could have prevented a TD.
Probably not fallen, MAYBE have prevented the TD, I dunno that he catches Tee Higgins starting from a chase possession with no angle

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt that face mask should of been called but in a course of a game in real time that is going to get missed on occasion. That was a long play and not sure how close the refs were and did they have a angle to see it? I myself didn't see it until they showed a camera angle that reveled it. They tend to swallow their whistles in the Super Bowl and let them play. Which makes it even more head scratching why they would call something that didn't even happen. How can you see something that never happened? Up to that point the refs were letting the players play. It was a travesty that really make you wonder if games are fixed....for real.
I get it. I really do. I agree with literally every statement you are making. But just like the saints, i cant say that play determined the game, it didnt. Lots of things did. Including that missed call the lead to a td and a HUGE momentum swing. Disheartening all around. Really need full time refs, and some protections in place for things like this.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. I really do. I agree with literally every statement you are making. But just like the saints, i cant say that play determined the game, it didnt. Lots of things did. Including that missed call the lead to a td and a HUGE momentum swing. Disheartening all around. Really need full time refs, and some protections in place for things like this.
NFL ref's average salary is 200k, sounds like full time employment to me.

They can't just make a rule saying you can only have THIS job, not only would they never get the union to agree, but that's probably in violation of federal labor laws..somehow

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL ref's average salary is 200k, sounds like full time employment to me.

They can't just make a rule saying you can only have THIS job, not only would they never get the union to agree, but that's probably in violation of federal labor laws..somehow
Yeah also a good point, makes sense. Was unaware of that.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any suggestions? I sure don't disagree, but what might work? They tried the PI review, it was a disaster. New York review, every play? (which they kind of already do, but obviously they don't have broad enough authority to overturn bad calls, just the calls on wether plays need to be replay reviewed or not. I'm at a loss as to suggestions for solutions.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put myself in the ref's shoes, and not at all attempting to make excuses..put if I'm in that position, I see Cooper Kupp, the all everything player this season, and somehow a LB stayed with him..something HAD to have been wrong, right? so I threw the flag thinking, he had to have cheated, he couldn't have covered Cooper Kupp and made that play, right?

It's utter BS, and wrong as hell, but that's my explanation for why he threw a flag on nothing.

BTW, Logan WIlson deserves a friggin medal or something for his efforts last night, all around, but that play especially.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any suggestions? I sure don't disagree, but what might work? They tried the PI review, it was a disaster. New York review, every play? (which they kind of already do, but obviously they don't have broad enough authority to overturn bad calls, just the calls on wether plays need to be replay reviewed or not. I'm at a loss as to suggestions for solutions.

All touchdowns are reviewed. I don’t think it’s crazy to have the review of the Higgins TD and say: oh look at that, obvious OPI. We gotta call this one back.

Apple’s PI was definitely PI. (A good penalty imo, since that was a TD if he didn’t hold).
The Wilson play, not so much. That’s gotta be frustrating as a LB playing perfect D on a WR.