• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

old1r1sh

It's a Great Day for Hockey
Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How good will Lamar Miller be in Houston? I drafted him last year and suffered through his early season struggles until he finally exploded in a few games. Will he be a top 10 fantasy guy with the Texans? I don't know much about O'Brien's track record with RB's

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How good will Lamar Miller be in Houston? I drafted him last year and suffered through his early season struggles until he finally exploded in a few games. Will he be a top 10 fantasy guy with the Texans? I don't know much about O'Brien's track record with RB's
I owned Miller too. I guess you can call it a slow start, but I've also read the Dolphins failed him in their play-calling. I looked at his game log, and in only 10 games, was he given at least 10 rush attempts or more. For a RB that averages 4.6 ypc, why wouldn't you lean on him more? He only had 7 games with 12 rush attempts or more. I'm pointing the finger at the Dolphins too. (Probably a reason why they fired their head coach.)

As for Miller in Houston, based on the unimpressive RB they have on the roster, and a new QB in Osweiler, my guess is they lean on Miller moreso than Brock. Houston did throw to the RB 24% of the time (which is in the top half of all NFL teams).

Will he be top 10? I like his chances. Easy division too.

Last edited:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Sanu signing in ATL does that crush Justin Hardy?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Sanu signing in ATL does that crush Justin Hardy?
I wasn't aware Justin Hardy had anything going to crush? He never really had much of a shot at becoming White's replacement, and fact they overpaid for the Bengals #3, only reinforces that. They were always going to find someone outside the program to fill the spot, wouldn't be shocked if they drafted another one fairly high to push Hardy down the chart even further. He might be a decent slot guy someday, but that's about it

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchize in Denver - no way they support 2 WRs going forward, imo.

I'd actually think the smooth route running and separation skills of Manny Sanders would gel more with Sanchize dink and dunk abilities.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope I'm not repeating ......
DK Pittsburgh's Dejan Kovacevic reports Martavis Bryant is facing a one-year suspension for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.

Bryant was suspended four games at the beginning of last season for a substance-abuse violation, making a 10-game suspension possible after another failed test. It is unclear why Bryant jumped straight to a year-long ban, but it is possible he committed multiple violations. Bryant will appeal the suspension, but it is likely he will miss all of 2016.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope I'm not repeating ......
DK Pittsburgh's Dejan Kovacevic reports Martavis Bryant is facing a one-year suspension for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.

Bryant was suspended four games at the beginning of last season for a substance-abuse violation, making a 10-game suspension possible after another failed test. It is unclear why Bryant jumped straight to a year-long ban, but it is possible he committed multiple violations. Bryant will appeal the suspension, but it is likely he will miss all of 2016.
youve got to be kidding me, what a moron........dejan is a good reporter, hes usually not wrong

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
youve got to be kidding me, what a moron........dejan is a good reporter, hes usually not wrong

Looks like he is on the Josh Gordon plan. A year long suspension for a player with Bryant's issues could well mean the end of his career. Huge blow to the Steelers.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This certainly bumps up Wheaton's value.

Instead of an All-Madden team, maybe someone should make and All-Idiot team?

Looks like Johnny Manziel is the QB. Josh Gordon may be the other WR opposite Bryant. Or Plaxico.
Ray Rice leads as the RB.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This certainly bumps up Wheaton's value.

Instead of an All-Madden team, maybe someone should make and All-Idiot team?

Looks like Johnny Manziel is the QB. Josh Gordon may be the other WR opposite Bryant. Or Plaxico.
Ray Rice leads as the RB.

Joseph Randle for RB?

Rice made one horrible mistake. Not sure I would classify him with the other knuckleheads.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'oh. Can't believe I forgot about Randle. You're right t, he beats Rice in a landslide.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about OJ for that RB spot? Would say Lawrence Phillips, but, ya know, being alive is likely a requirement

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about OJ for that RB spot? Would say Lawrence Phillips, but, ya know, being alive is likely a requirement
I think the formula for forming the All-Idiot team has to include their age and potential/career ahead of them. In other words, if they're at a point where an NFL team is willing to throw millions of dollars at them with short resume, I would say that ranks them higher on the idiot scale.

Manziel, Randle and Gordon/Bryant may be tops on the scale for their position. OJ may be on the other end of that scale. Older, NFL money was over, he was enjoying endorsement money in retirement. Sapp might be next to OJ.

At least that's how I was grading the scale.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lawrence Phillips would be there for sure.

Could we complete an entire roster? Might be tough to find a kicker and a punter.

Although the younger Grammatica could be the kicker. Injured himself and basically ended his career while celebrating. Not quite the same, but still pretty dumb.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could we complete an entire roster? Might be tough to find a kicker and a punter.
Matt Prater was suspended 4 games for a substance violation and then cut by Denver.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of more candidates; Larry Johnson and Chris Henry if you want to go back in time. ....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawrence Phillips would be there for sure.

Although the younger Grammatica could be the kicker. Injured himself and basically ended his career while celebrating. Not quite the same, but still pretty dumb.
Peyton Manning would likely nominate "our drunken kicker" Mike Vanderjegt

Punter would be Todd Sauerbruan, hands down