• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm sure this will set your world on fire Treff. ......
Dolphins coach Adam Gase said he wants a "stable" of running backs.
"Jay [Ajayi] is going to be a big part of what we're going to do," Gase said before adding, "I like to have multiple backs."
Thank God Miller got out of there. .....
Ha, well, the Alf deal was more of a " my least favorite RB in my co-favorite team" kind of thing. At least with the 'Phins, I can sit back and chuckle at the situation and it won't bother me other than yet another fantasy headache of a RBBC.

Too bad though, was interested to see what Ajayi could do on his own. Who knows, maybe he'll be good enough to force them into a new way of thinking

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, well, the Alf deal was more of a " my least favorite RB in my co-favorite team" kind of thing. At least with the 'Phins, I can sit back and chuckle at the situation and it won't bother me other than yet another fantasy headache of a RBBC.

Too bad though, was interested to see what Ajayi could do on his own. Who knows, maybe he'll be good enough to force them into a new way of thinking

Well, Miller apparently wasn't good enough, so we'll see - but its yet another situation to avoid. .... bad thing is there are as many 'avoid' as there are you feel comfortable pulling the trigger. Can we make the all the RB positions flex next yr ??? :suds:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a wild guess at just how unenthused I am to hear this news
Actually laughed out loud when I saw your reply to the Alf signing.

Made me want to go back & pull up some classic Treff posts:

Alf however has just continued to regress, and wasnt that good to start with, zero in the passing game, and what little vision/instincts/whatever, he had is leaving him, short on speed...and on and on.
Drum roll please.... :drum:... this next Treff quote really hits home:

I'm sure T and everyone else is aware of my disdain of Alf. ...Alf's time plodding around, masquerading as an NFL RB is finally at it's end.
Welcome to the Cowboys!!

:clap: BTW kudos to Chef from Sep 24 of last year:
Poor Alf. Put him on the Bills or the 'Boys and see how he does.
Jerry Jones must be reading the Hoop!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bad thing is there are as many 'avoid' as there are you feel comfortable pulling the trigger.

Some "avoid situations pay off. Falcons RB last year was an "avoid" situation. I drafted both Freeman & Coleman.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually laughed out loud when I saw your reply to the Alf signing.

Made me want to go back & pull up some classic Treff posts:

Drum roll please.... :drum:... this next Treff quote really hits home:

Welcome to the Cowboys!!

:clap: BTW kudos to Chef from Sep 24 of last year:

Jerry Jones must be reading the Hoop!
And my sentiments have not changed. Each and every touch he gets that doesn't go to DMC or Dunbar, or even worse. .Ezekiel Elliott (assuming they aren't complete morons) is an utter and complete waste

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some "avoid situations pay off. Falcons RB last year was an "avoid" situation. I drafted both Freeman & Coleman.

That is true. .... sometimes the book cover can be deceiving. ....

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports the "prevailing opinion" at the NFL Owners Meetings is free agent Robert Griffin III will sign with the Browns.

Hummmm, Will he be an upgrade over McCown ??? Still think they pick yet another QB in the draft. ....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for @TREFF ! ;)

Michael Salfino ‏@MichaelSalfino 6h6 hours ago
People love bashing Alfred Morris, who I touted hard his rookie summer. Here he is all-time YPR, 1st 4 seasons.

View attachment 100965
Just for @TREFF ! ;)

People love bashing Alfred Morris, who I touted hard his rookie summer. Here he is all-time YPR, 1st 4 seasons.

View attachment 100965
Bah...I claim fuzzy math..and not our favorite accountant.

Maybe they only counted carries that gained yardage and negated any of 0 or less, something

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the greatest nickname in the history of nicknames.

Patriots lure Pot Roast away from Washington
5320.jpg
Patriots signed NT Terrance Knighton, formerly of the Redskins, to a one-year, $4.5 million contract.

Concerned about Knighton's ever-troublesome conditioning, the Redskins were also only offering one year, but apparently less money. Although he's coming off a down season, Knighton provides a massive body for an interior line where the Patriots (effectively) mixed and matched post-Vince Wilfork in 2015. Going on 30, Knighton was highly effective in 2014, and can still be a disruptive force in the middle of a defense. He's reportedly in much better shape than he was last year, shedding 30-40 pounds.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for @TREFF ! ;)

View attachment 100965

Terrell Davis and Clinton Portis did it better, in the exact same system, with more carries.
( in theory, more carries should equate to a lower YPA for a RB, but not always the case)
Also, Alf is only 1 of 2 RBs on this list that avg under 77yds/game
Got a weird feeling it had a lot to do with the run-heavy West Coast scheme in conjunction with every decent run defender away from the line of scrimmage was focusing on RG3.

Alf Morris, a look through the years:
*2012 1613y, 13td, 4.8ypa, 100.8ypg
*2013 1275y, 7td, 4.6ypa, 79.7ypg
2014 1074y, 8td, 4.1ypa, 67.1ypg
2015 751y, 1td, 3.7ypa, 46.9ypg
*RG3 started 28 of 32 games in 2012 and 2013, running in Shanahan offense

Call me crazy, but I don't think Shanahan will be taking over as Dallas HC anytime soon, not after the Al Davis debacle in the late 80s.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotoworld on Andre Williams lmfao

Coach Ben McAdoo insisted Wednesday that the Giants aren't ready to give up on third-year RB Andre Williams.
McAdoo went so far as to say Williams can "make a jump" in his third pro year. With 305 carries on his NFL resume averaging 3.21 yards a pop, the sample size is big enough that the Giants would be smart to give up this ghost. "No one's going to outwork him," said McAdoo of Williams. Tim Tebow worked hard, too. Mar 23 - 12:42 PM
Source: Dan Graziano on Twitter

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotoworld on Andre Williams lmfao

Coach Ben McAdoo insisted Wednesday that the Giants aren't ready to give up on third-year RB Andre Williams.
McAdoo went so far as to say Williams can "make a jump" in his third pro year. With 305 carries on his NFL resume averaging 3.21 yards a pop, the sample size is big enough that the Giants would be smart to give up this ghost. "No one's going to outwork him," said McAdoo of Williams. Tim Tebow worked hard, too. Mar 23 - 12:42 PM
Source: Dan Graziano on Twitter
Poor guy. .I still like him, but he's just not a fit for today's game. If this were 20 years ago where backs would get 25-30 carries a game, I think he'd be great. He's one of those that needs to pound on people early to get going late and you just can't afford to do that these days.

I'd still be more excited to see him on my Cowboys than Alf

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams trade away a shit ton of picks for #1 overall.

My thoughts:
After getting the short end of the #1 QB pick last go round - Stafford, Bradford, Cam, Luck from '09-'12, I like that they are making an effort to land a franchise QB, but this price is extremely steep.

Connor Cook at #15 (or a much smaller deal to move into the 6th-10th range) seemed like a decent option, imo.
Snead seems to have an eye for talent, so maybe this works. I just think both 2nd rounders this year made the deal tilt into the Titans favor, which it should, since they had the #1 pick.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Lots to give up... they must love who they like at #1

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Lots to give up... they must love who they like at #1
Has to be Wentz right? Obviously it will be a QB or they will get run out of town, but Goff didnt really strike me as a high ceiling guy.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has to be Wentz right? Obviously it will be a QB or they will get run out of town, but Goff didnt really strike me as a high ceiling guy.

The poor Brownies. Can't catch a break.