• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about the drunken kicker. That was awesome.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Kaepernick thinking? In a possible deal that would send him to Cleveland, Kaps is saying that he doesn't like the way the Browns are handling free agency.

True or not, maybe not the best thing to say if he has a chance to go to an NFL team that actually WANTS him!

Next stop, CFL, Arena Football League, and X-League.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance Not sure if you're secretly working on the All-Idiot team, especially now since you have a punter and several kickers to choose from (my personal favorite would still be Prater who essentially got himself kicked off the Brnocos and out of an eventual Super Bowl win. Speaking of which...)

If you have trouble putting together a few positions on defense, I'd like to offer two candidates: DL Al Harris and Safety Todd Bell. Both sat out the entire 1985 season for the Bears over money/contract. I'm sure you can figure out how the season ended for the Bears.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not working on the all idiot team Joe. It would be fun though.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do we have a new world record?????

(Rotoworld) Martavis Bryant's indefinite suspension is the result of failing six drug tests. Analysis: In other words, the NFL makes you work really hard to earn a year-long ban. Two of Bryant's "fails" were no-shows, which is treated as a straight fail for obvious reasons. Bryant has checked into rehab, while his agent says he's battling depression. In a Monday statement, Steelers GM Kevin Colbert hinted the team plans to hold onto Bryant through his suspension.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do we have a new world record?????

(Rotoworld) Martavis Bryant's indefinite suspension is the result of failing six drug tests. Analysis: In other words, the NFL makes you work really hard to earn a year-long ban. Two of Bryant's "fails" were no-shows, which is treated as a straight fail for obvious reasons. Bryant has checked into rehab, while his agent says he's battling depression. In a Monday statement, Steelers GM Kevin Colbert hinted the team plans to hold onto Bryant through his suspension.

He just can't be beaten by Gordon ...... "I'm #1, I'm #1 !!!!!!!"

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I see that Gronk is unhappy about his contract, which "counts just $6.62 million against the cap, far below market value for easily the NFL's best player at his position." - per Rotoworld

Is he the best TE? Yes. But so was Jimmy Graham. What's my point?

Gronk better be careful. His value may be based on the system they run in Foxboro. There are not many teams that can plug in random players and get the kind of production out of them that the Patriots get. Gronk may have above average talent and may not be "random", or maybe New England exploits his talent very, very effectively.

By comparison Seattle-Graham didn't come anywhere near the TD totals of N'Orleans-Graham. And he had the same beef about his contract value in the Big Easy.

Gronk may eventually find himself catching passes from someone not named Brady in a scheme that does not exploit his ability as effectively. And then what? Like we see in free agency every year, players who cashed in on big money at their peak start to produce statistics below the value of their current salary - and they're cut, or traded.

:2cents:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I see that Gronk is unhappy about his contract, which "counts just $6.62 million against the cap, far below market value for easily the NFL's best player at his position." - per Rotoworld

Is he the best TE? Yes. But so was Jimmy Graham. What's my point?

Gronk better be careful. His value may be based on the system they run in Foxboro. There are not many teams that can plug in random players and get the kind of production out of them that the Patriots get. Gronk may have above average talent and may not be "random", or maybe New England exploits his talent very, very effectively.

By comparison Seattle-Graham didn't come anywhere near the TD totals of N'Orleans-Graham. And he had the same beef about his contract value in the Big Easy.

Gronk may eventually find himself catching passes from someone not named Brady in a scheme that does not exploit his ability as effectively. And then what? Like we see in free agency every year, players who cashed in on big money at their peak start to produce statistics below the value of their current salary - and they're cut, or traded.

:2cents:

Graham was a wide receiver playing TE. Gronk is the complete package as a blocker and all around player. He might not put up the same numbers in another system, but he would be every bit as valuable. Gronk may very well be the most valuable non-QB in the entire league. Graham does not, and never did compare to Gronk in anything but receiving stats.

NE could eventually decide Gronk is too expensive to keep, but I doubt it. Gronk is almost as important as Brady in their offense.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
t, I agree but at some point, most all NFL teams have a Spock revelation when it comes to salaries: "The needs of the many out-weight the needs of the few."

All I'm suggesting is that as great as Gronk is, if his price-tag becomes too much, I'm sure of all NFL teams, NE in particular would be able to "find" an extra blocker, as well as a guy that can catch a TD for less money. Heck, Mike Vrabel had 8 TD in that system and he didn't even play offense!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
t, I agree but at some point, most all NFL teams have a Spock revelation when it comes to salaries: "The needs of the many out-weight the needs of the few."

All I'm suggesting is that as great as Gronk is, if his price-tag becomes too much, I'm sure of all NFL teams, NE in particular would be able to "find" an extra blocker, as well as a guy that can catch a TD for less money. Heck, Mike Vrabel had 8 TD in that system and he didn't even play offense!

That is true for every non-QB...

I guess NE needs to work something out with him though. They ain't afford to lose him at this stage of Brady's career.

Also, Gronk has to get his $ now, because he is one hit away from being out of football. Tough spot for sure.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think what might be missing is the fact that 31 teams would be interested. Sure, he'd probably take the most money, but I'm sure quarterback and system would be high on his list.

That said, there's some people Kraft and BB just pay. I think Gronk is one of those.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They can lock him up for the next 6 seasons with 2 tags they have no reason to negotiate with him until 2018(If he holds out its not like they aren't used to him missing a few games)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can lock him up for the next 6 seasons with 2 tags they have no reason to negotiate with him until 2018(If he holds out its not like they aren't used to him missing a few games)
True, but doing so doesn't avoid them paying top dollar, and hurts their bargaining position with other impending free agents, if they tag Gronk, they can't tag someone else, or even "threaten" to.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Rotoworld: Cowboys signed RB Alfred Morris, formerly of the Redskins, to a two-year contract. Unless they draft another RB that could be a good fit for him. .... only McIhurtmyvagina in the way.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Rotoworld: Cowboys signed RB Alfred Morris, formerly of the Redskins, to a two-year contract. Unless they draft another RB that could be a good fit for him. .... only McIhurtmyvagina in the way.
Take a wild guess at just how unenthused I am to hear this news

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm sure this will set your world on fire Treff. ......
Dolphins coach Adam Gase said he wants a "stable" of running backs.
"Jay [Ajayi] is going to be a big part of what we're going to do," Gase said before adding, "I like to have multiple backs."
Thank God Miller got out of there. .....