• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2020-5-22_15-40-38.png

I disagree about cutting him in August. Penny is going to go on the PUP
and really no way of knowing if Carson will be able to go at the start of the season or if he'll be able to play at the same level. Not to say that Hyde is more then a short term insurance bet.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas 2016-Won division
Dak
Zeke
Dez (13 games)
Terr. Williams
Witten

Dallas 2017 starting left tackle missed half the season. R
Dak
Zeke (10games)
Dez
T. Williams
Witten

Dallas '18
Dak
Zeke
View attachment 242748

I disagree about cutting him in August. Penny is going to go on the PUP
and really no way of knowing if Carson will be able to go at the start of the season or if he'll be able to play at the same level. Not to say that Hyde is more then a short term insurance bet.
Yeah, he's not getting cut in ant 12 team or bigger league until ay minimum between week 6-7, and that's if Penny looks to be back that week. Seattle uses the #2 more than enough to justify his existence in a fantasy roster, and he'll only be one play away from being the 'Hawks #1 at any given point. Ridiculous advice offered up there

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HaroldSeattle why funny it says they think Akers leads?

I don't put much stock in these off season filler pieces. Pretty much says something nice about all the RBs but really tells you nothing.

"We feel we've got three really good backs," said McVay, who is coming off a 9-7 season and entering his fourth year as head coach. "What does that mean in terms of the distribution of carries? I think that's to be determined based on how things play themselves out and when we get a chance to actually compete in practice and in those live opportunities."

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm
I don't put much stock in these off season filler pieces. Pretty much says something nice about all the RBs but really tells you nothing.

"We feel we've got three really good backs," said McVay, who is coming off a 9-7 season and entering his fourth year as head coach. "What does that mean in terms of the distribution of carries? I think that's to be determined based on how things play themselves out and when we get a chance to actually compete in practice and in those live opportunities."

Yah guess u right

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo Sports' Charles Robinson reports players could potentially be called to participate in full-squad minicamps in mid-to-late June.
“If California is open for [team] operations soon, minicamps can still happen in June — probably late June, I’d think — but maybe even mid-June,” one league source told Robinson. A declaration from California governor Gavin Newsom will reportedly serve as the key hurdle in whether the NFL can successfully piece together an operational minicamp in June. Robinson writes that if Newsom clears the way for full team operations (without any fan attendance), the league could then give NFL franchises the choice of holding minicamps before breaking and setting official dates for training camps. All news surrounding the league has been positive of late, inevitably paving the way for the regular season to commence as scheduled.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrod Taylor spent 2015-17 starting for the Bills (the 1st 2 of those seasons with current Chargers HC Anthony Lynn on the Buffalo staff). He finished those years ranked 1st, 13th and 8th in percentage of passes thrown deep, according to PFF. Taylor posted passer ratings of 109.5, 85.8 and 83.3 on those passes -- with a WR corps that declined in talent over the 3 years.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrod Taylor spent 2015-17 starting for the Bills (the 1st 2 of those seasons with current Chargers HC Anthony Lynn on the Buffalo staff). He finished those years ranked 1st, 13th and 8th in percentage of passes thrown deep, according to PFF. Taylor posted passer ratings of 109.5, 85.8 and 83.3 on those passes -- with a WR corps that declined in talent over the 3 years.

my problem with chargers for fantasy isn't Tyrod's deep ball, more so the FACT that he's never passed for more than 3,000 yds in a season, and now he's magically going to support Ekeler and Allen?
unlikely, highly unlikely

also, under Kitchens, Tyrod looked to have lost something on his deep ball. Could've been playing hurt, god knows he got his head bounced on the ground a couple times which paved the way for Baker to start. But Baker actually had good deep ball stats the 2nd half of his rookie year in the same system/same receivers.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There was a minute there when he was dropping 50 yard bombs in buckets and Sammy was livin' it up... Then Sammy got hurt.

Yes. Our WR groups were terrible. And an $8M Clay doing nothing but eating TE over cost.

I think he'll be fine, but overall, the team just won't have as many sustained drives. Less turnovers may counter that.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say Tyrod has a career year, and throws for 20% more yards than he ever has in a season.

That would take him up to ~3,600 yds
Again, that's saying that the 30yr old QB is going to improve on his best seasons to date as a pro....

might need an NFL sleuth like @averagejoe to come to the rescue here, but when was the last time a QB threw for under 4,000 yds and still supported a top end WR and a top end RB?

Ekeler is currently RB12/overall 26 according to fantasypros ADP
Allen is currently WR13/overall 34

AVOID!

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think that you guys are putting way too much stock in Tyrod being the starter for very long. If he isn't good, he won't be on the field long enough for it to matter and they'll let Herbert go out there too early and he'll turn the ball over a ton because he's a rookie and then they'll be playing from behind the entire fourth quarter of games and Allen and Ekeler will make up the difference in garbage time. But with that being said, I firmly believe that if you own Allen or Ekeler anywhere in dynasty (like I do), then you are going to come up with reasons that it will be okay for them and if you don't you will come up with reasons that they won't be okay. It's just the way things go in fantasy analysis.