• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as do I. Who doesn't? He took the top of the draft guys. And the top rbs an Made an article. It's common sense.

Gotta love you tube, boy. Headline, "SLEEPER", first up.... Lamb. Second... Vaughn.

:L

I understand there are newbs out there, but man, has "sleeper" ever taken a contradictory consensus path these past few years.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love you tube, boy. Headline, "SLEEPER", first up.... Lamb. Second... Vaughn.

:L

I understand there are newbs out there, but man, has "sleeper" ever taken a contradictory consensus path these past few years.
oh i know...i saw that too i was like wtf, everyones all over this

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

was just reading about this a moment ago.

Dak wants a 4yr deal so he can cash out at least 1 more time in his prime.
DAL keeps tacking on an extra year to make it a 5yr deal, so he's trying to make sure that last season he'll still be getting paid what an elite QB is supposed to be paid.

interesting negotiations going on here, but makes sense. No reason why the new guys that sign deals should just automatically always make more than guys already signed. It makes signing a long term deal a bad investment from the player's perspective

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was just reading about this a moment ago.

Dak wants a 4yr deal so he can cash out at least 1 more time in his prime.
DAL keeps tacking on an extra year to make it a 5yr deal, so he's trying to make sure that last season he'll still be getting paid what an elite QB is supposed to be paid.

interesting negotiations going on here, but makes sense. No reason why the new guys that sign deals should just automatically always make more than guys already signed. It makes signing a long term deal a bad investment from the player's perspective
It makes for a real contract battle. Yes with cap going up yearly, the script has flipped and now instead of the security of a long term deal with big guarantees, it makes more sense from the player point of view for shorter deals, especially if your a QB. I don't see any way Cowboys agree to pay him north of 45 million for that 5th year. That's crazy talk. At some point the cap is going to flatten out. Guess the Cowboys have two choices, give him that 4 year deal ( unless he wants that 45 million per included) or just go the franchise tag. Not sure if new CBA allows them to do it twice, but if it does then the Cowboys hit it twice and in the mean time start drafting for your future QB to be.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes for a real contract battle. Yes with cap going up yearly, the script has flipped and now instead of the security of a long term deal with big guarantees, it makes more sense from the player point of view for shorter deals, especially if your a QB. I don't see any way Cowboys agree to pay him north of 45 million for that 5th year. That's crazy talk. At some point the cap is going to flatten out. Guess the Cowboys have two choices, give him that 4 year deal ( unless he wants that 45 million per included) or just go the franchise tag. Not sure if new CBA allows them to do it twice, but if it does then the Cowboys hit it twice and in the mean time start drafting for your future QB to be.

i thought what i was reading said that the 1st 4 yrs of money in the 5yr deal was good on Dak's side, he just wanted it to increase dramatically if DAL wants that 5th year.

but that also could just be negotiating tactics by Dak's team.

either way, anyone with a young QB that they want to be their "franchise" QB should go ahead and get their deals done before KC signs Mahomes.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only image the hub bub that it would create in the league if Cowboys agreed to pay Dak 45 million for the fifth year. Immediately those QBs that had recently signed a contract would be instantly unhappy. Mahomes and Watson agents would be upping their expectations to insane levels.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought what i was reading said that the 1st 4 yrs of money in the 5yr deal was good on Dak's side, he just wanted it to increase dramatically if DAL wants that 5th year.

but that also could just be negotiating tactics by Dak's team.

either way, anyone with a young QB that they want to be their "franchise" QB should go ahead and get their deals done before KC signs Mahomes.
Well if the money is right , think the Cowboy may accept the 4 year deal. Might work out to their benefit as it is still up in the air on how good Dak is.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the money is right , think the Cowboy may accept the 4 year deal. Might work out to their benefit as it is still up in the air on how good Dak is.

I like Dak, but I think he still has a lot to prove. This is a high stakes game of Chicken.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Jerry throws the Texas Capital Bank at Dak.
He's average.
Believe it or not, over the last 4 years, Kirk Cousins has more yards, more TD, and a better completion% and QB rating.
It'll be the worst move for the 'Boys/Jerry.
Which would be awesome.
Do it, Jerry!

:trash:

Last edited:

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro, your tweets aren't showing. Is it me?
Whatever, Dak could be making an unfortunate mistake here.

Ian Rapoport said Chris Simms is making stuff up again and both the Cowboys and Daks agent said no such contract negotiations took place.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Jerry throws the Texas Capital Bank at Dak.
He's average.
Believe it or not, over the last 4 years, Kirk Cousins has more yards, more TD, and a better completion% and QB rating.
It'll be the worst move for the 'Boys/Jerry.
Which would be awesome.
Do it, Jerry!

:trash:

Joe, yer killin' me with that spoiler. Killin' me, I say!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wait a second, is our resident rookie hater comparing a seasoned vet QB's stats (with one of the best WR tandems in the league, btw) to Dak's rookie and soph seasons here?

if Kirk DIDN'T have better stats over that time frame, MIN would be in big big trouble!

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe, yer killin' me with that spoiler. Killin' me, I say!
Cousins is my QB-of-the-future in D2.

Merely saying that many feel Cousins is terrible. If thats so, his stats are better thsn Dak.

Last edited:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait a second, is our resident rookie hater comparing a seasoned vet QB's stats (with one of the best WR tandems in the league, btw) to Dak's rookie and soph seasons here?

if Kirk DIDN'T have better stats over that time frame, MIN would be in big big trouble!
Just took the last 4 years.
Look. A lot of players try to cash in after a good playoff run/win, etc...
Boys may have the best oline, best RB and and arguably the best WR corp. Dak hasnt won nuttin'.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just took the last 4 years.

that was my point - Dak's only been in the league 4 yrs, lol

all athletes try to cash in on good seasons, it is literally what they've trained their entire lives for, right?