• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why I even watch this shit.............Berry and Hoss just ranked Stevie their number 5 waiver wire pick up....................is he on any WW that you guys see???? I did just pick him up in a 10 teamer but that league has a short bench..............
My #5 ww pickup is Eddie Lacy. If he's available in your leagues, grab him!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees believed to have shoulder injury
_Rosenthal1-65x90.jpg
  • By Gregg Rosenthal
  • Around The NFL Editor
  • Published: Sept. 21, 2015 at 04:37 p.m.
  • Updated: Sept. 21, 2015 at 05:00 p.m.

The depressing start to the New Orleans Saints season just got a lot worse.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that the Saints believe quarterback Drew Brees has a shoulder injury that likely will cause him to miss games, according to sources with knowledge of the injury. Brees could potentially miss several games, and is scheduled to undergo more tests to determine the injury on Tuesday and Wednesday, according to Rapoport.

The news explains why some of Brees' deep throws in a 26-19 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday looked so poor. Brees took a hit to the shoulder in the second quarter, and didn't have the same arm strength for the rest of the game. He had no juice on his vertical throws.

This is undeniably a dark moment for this Saints franchise. The team's home loss to the Buccaneers was humbling, but not a fluke. Tampa looked like the tougher team up front on both sides of the ball. Their upcoming game in Carolina was shaping up as a huge early season moment for New Orleans. The Saints are staring at an 0-3 record unless backup quarterback Luke McCown can somehow improve a sputtering offense.

Brees, often a beacon of positivity even when the Saints struggle, was unusually downcast after the game.

"It was if an impostor drone had been sent to the podium as Brees' proxy," longtime New Orleans Picayune writer Jeff Duncan wrote about Brees.

Around the NFL will have more on this development soon.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like I need a QB. ....

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Brees does not have serious injury
591.jpg
ESPN's Ed Werder reports a Monday MRI revealed Drew Brees avoided a serious shoulder injury in Sunday's loss to the Buccaneers.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport previously reported the Saints feared Brees could miss "several games" with a significant injury to his throwing shoulder. It appears those fears were allayed by Monday's testing. Per Werder, Brees did experience "pain and weakness" in his arm against Tampa Bay, and Brees' ability to play in Week 3 at Carolina will depend on his "response to treatment" for the injury. Through two weeks, Brees ranks 21st among quarterbacks in fantasy points. His receiver corps has been among the worst in football.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN needs to fire their reporters. The Score brought up the Brees non-serious injury shortly after ESPN broke the first report.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN needs to fire their reporters.
ESPN is sitting on a goldmine.
Unfortunately, most of them are idiots.

This was some of the ESPN advice on some of my fantasy players:
  • Boldin (12 points) - "Boldin will be needed as Kaepernick's favorite target at some point this season, ... it doesn't seem like that time will come in Week 2."
  • Dion Lewis (17 points) - "A dazzling debut for the Patriots in Week 1 could give way to a disappointing follow-up as this diminutive dynamo faces a stingy Buffalo front seven ...combined with the loss of valuable early-down usage to LeGarrette Blount."
  • Matt Jones (30 points) - "He won't be on the fantasy radar this week against the difficult rush defense of the Rams."
  • Ingram (9 points) - "should be a solid RB1 against the Buccaneers in Week 2."
  • Abdullah (0 points) - "It's clear that all of the upside in the Lions backfield is in Abdullah's legs, and he will be a very intriguing DFS play in Week 2 against a Vikings' defense."

Granted, I'm sure many may have been thinking the same thing. But for an enterprise that takes such pride and boasts about all of their "experts" and expertise, they're no different from any other advice.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is sitting on a goldmine.
Unfortunately, most of them are idiots.

This was some of the ESPN advice on some of my fantasy players:
  • Boldin (12 points) - "Boldin will be needed as Kaepernick's favorite target at some point this season, ... it doesn't seem like that time will come in Week 2."
  • Dion Lewis (17 points) - "A dazzling debut for the Patriots in Week 1 could give way to a disappointing follow-up as this diminutive dynamo faces a stingy Buffalo front seven ...combined with the loss of valuable early-down usage to LeGarrette Blount."
  • Matt Jones (30 points) - "He won't be on the fantasy radar this week against the difficult rush defense of the Rams."
  • Ingram (9 points) - "should be a solid RB1 against the Buccaneers in Week 2."
  • Abdullah (0 points) - "It's clear that all of the upside in the Lions backfield is in Abdullah's legs, and he will be a very intriguing DFS play in Week 2 against a Vikings' defense."

Granted, I'm sure many may have been thinking the same thing. But for an enterprise that takes such pride and boasts about all of their "experts" and expertise, they're no different from any other advice.

I have found that Berry (whose book I enjoyed and has a good sense of humor) and Karabell are generally terrible.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have found that Berry (whose book I enjoyed and has a good sense of humor) and Karabell are generally terrible.
FantasyPros tracks the accuracy of the experts. And Karabell is usually at the bottom. He's awful. He's the perfect example of going "Opposite George."

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep - Berry's humor is great and I enjoy the heck out of his columns - BUT his fantasy advise is not very accurate. There are only a few 'experts' I actually take serious - - but even the 'best' per fantasypro are around 60-65% accurate so you read them all with a bit of skepticism. If I feel strongly about a guy I'll go ahead and start them regardless of rank - - sometimes it works out, other times not so much. The human factor and injuries cannot be determined by anyone. .. that's what makes it such a challenge.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, so much for that...

Seferian-Jenkins (shoulder) to miss 4-6 weeks
9400.jpg
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Bucs TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins has been diagnosed with a strained shoulder, and will be sidelined 4-6 weeks.

Seferian-Jenkins will be sidelined through the Bucs' Week 6 bye, and quite possibly longer. It's a major bummer for a sophomore who's shown some chemistry with rookie quarterback Jameis Winston. The Bucs are probably wishing they hadn't traded Tim Wright. Brandon Myers is the next man up on the depth chart, with Luke Stocker behind him. Myers is going to catch some passes, but isn't on the re-draft or DFS radar. ASJ can be dropped in 12-team leagues.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How you know you're screwed at QB--

You trade for a Buffalo Bills QB..
Lol..............I just put a bid in for him to replace Romo....................and this just kinda hit me and has absolutely nothing to do with anything but some of us old timers would remember Justin Forsett from his Seahawk days when he got a chance due to injury (must have been Alexander) and the next year he was highly drafted and shit the bed.......................looks like that's what's going to happen this year too.............glad I passed on him when I did..................

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would have just resigned Enemkpali and had him break Genos jaw again :2cents:

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol..............I just put a bid in for him to replace Romo....................and this just kinda hit me and has absolutely nothing to do with anything but some of us old timers would remember Justin Forsett from his Seahawk days when he got a chance due to injury (must have been Alexander) and the next year he was highly drafted and shit the bed.......................looks like that's what's going to happen this year too.............glad I passed on him when I did..................

I think it was Maurice Morris? I know it was 2009. Alexander I think was already done, he was cut after 2007 season if I recall.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was Maurice Morris? I know it was 2009. Alexander I think was already done, he was cut after 2007 season if I recall.
Yeah, I'm getting old (not @averagejoe or @leftypower old though) so sometimes I gets mixed up with the old timers.....................just remember everybody all on his shit and he sucked out loud...........