• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming the negotiating entails having DirecTv, not the streaming service, yes?

Yeah. We're all old over there. We like our tv. If you have DTv all you had to was say you're cancelling if they don't give it to you for free. If that operator wouldn't....hang up and try again. Some guys got totally free. Some got good discounts.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. We're all old over there. We like our tv. If you have DTv all you had to was say you're cancelling if they don't give it to you for free. If that operator wouldn't....hang up and try again. Some guys got totally free. Some got good discounts.
Haha, I'm in the same boat...except I do the negotiating with cable. If I ever switch, I'll remember that.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming the negotiating entails having DirecTv, not the streaming service, yes?
The cool thing is, if your switching from cable to Directv, it's easy to find a deal where Sunday Ticket is free. Or sometimes, a deal where you buy the ticket, and they throw in all the premium stuff like HBO, STARZ..etc

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cool thing is, if your sourcing from cable to Directv, it's easy to find a deal where Sunday Ticket is free. Or sometimes, a deal where you buy the ticket, and they throw in all the premium stuff like HBO, STARZ..etc
That's interesting, but what exactly do you mean? How would I go about checking that out?

One of my old head chef's favorite mottoes: "If it's free, it's for me!".

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cool thing is, if your switching from cable to Directv, it's easy to find a deal where Sunday Ticket is free. Or sometimes, a deal where you buy the ticket, and they throw in all the premium stuff like HBO, STARZ..etc

Yeah, you gotta play the game. You can get anything for free from these companies if you have some patience with "Mary" on the other end (we know she's in India).

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's interesting, but what exactly do you mean? How would I go about checking that out?

One of my old head chef's favorite mottoes: "If it's free, it's for me!".
Just call em up, ask em what they're offering for first time customers. They'll pitch it to you. Or, all those high pitched voice Peyton Manning or tiny Randy Moss commercials tell you what to do too

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE: DirecTV - have been a customer of theirs for over 14 years. We never pay/need premium channels including Sunday Ticket since I get to see all the Bears games locally. But we've been "given" Sunday Ticket last season. And every few months, we'll be "given" HBO or Starz for free also. Must be a loyalty thing.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE: DirecTV - have been a customer of theirs for over 14 years. We never pay/need premium channels including Sunday Ticket since I get to see all the Bears games locally. But we've been "given" Sunday Ticket last season. And every few months, we'll be "given" HBO or Starz for free also. Must be a loyalty thing.
Since they automatically re-bill the Sunday Ticket each year, I always call up faking displeasure with that process, usually get one or two of the movie packages for free for 3-6 months, worked every year going on number 10 now

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shady pulled out of practice today with hammy tightness. Rex "hopes" he plays Sunday.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster practiced. Up to Doubtful for Week 2.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster practiced. Up to Doubtful for Week 2.

Here it is....................
(RotoWire) Though Foster (groin) returned to practice Thursday, the running back still isn't expected to play Sunday against the Panthers, the Houston Chronicle reports. Analysis: Per John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, coach Bill O'Brien acknowledged that the team is "slowly incorporating" Foster back into the mix, adding that Alfred Blue remains in line to start Sunday's contest. O'Brien said that the earliest we might see Foster play "would be (Week 3) against Tampa Bay, but maybe later." In any case, though Foster may not be ready to roll just yet, he continues to progress well and his potential return is now on the horizon.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeSean McCoy (hamstring) returns to Bills practice
By Marc Sessler
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: Sept. 18, 2015 at 12:18 p.m.

Bills fans should expect to see LeSean McCoy on Sunday against the New England Patriots.

Buffalo's workhorse running back returned to the field for Friday's practice and didn't "seem at all limited" in the portion of team drills open to the media, per Vic Carucci of The Buffalo News.

McCoy was seen running routes after leaving Thursday's session early with hamstring soreness. Coach Rex Ryan said after practice on Thursday that he expects McCoy to be ready to go on Sunday and ESPN's Adam Schefter noted Friday that the Bills are "cautiously optimistic" that Shady will be on the field against the Patriots.

McCoy has battled the tweaked hamstring for over a month, looking like a lesser version of himself last Sunday against the Colts. His 41 yards on the ground were matched by Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor, with rookie runner Karlos Williams leading the team with 55 yards off six totes.

This isn't the way Buffalo planned it, but hamstring injuries can't be rushed. We'll find out Sunday if McCoy is back in form for an upstart squad looking to make a statement in the AFC East.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pay 199 plus big time tax up here. Without it I would get all Thursday Sunday Monday nighters and usually 2 or 3 sometimes 4 at 1300 with the 5 diff time zone channels and then 1 to 3 diff games at 1600. So on a good week I would 6 to 8 games. However I pay it to just to torture myself with all 16 Texan games. I guess JJ Swatt is worth the price of admission.

I miss my Oilers

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pay 199 plus big time tax up here. Without it I would get all Thursday Sunday Monday nighters and usually 2 or 3 sometimes 4 at 1300 with the 5 diff time zone channels and then 1 to 3 diff games at 1600. So on a good week I would 6 to 8 games. However I pay it to just to torture myself with all 16 Texan games. I guess JJ Swatt is worth the price of admission.

I miss my Oilers
So without paying a dime, you get 6-8 games? Lucky bastard! We get Thursday, Sunday night, Monday night, and regional ONLY for 2-3 games during the day Sunday. At best, on a good Sunday, we equal your low end in volume, witH no choices as to who to watch unless both CBS and FOX are running a regional game at the same time

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So without paying a dime, you get 6-8 games? Lucky bastard! We get Thursday, Sunday night, Monday night, and regional ONLY for 2-3 games during the day Sunday. At best, on a good Sunday, we equal your low end
I pay $100 a month and I get 6-7 games a week (Thursday, usually 4 on Sunday), Sunday and Monday night........and I only watch the night ones because I have Red Zone..................and Red Zone is the shit.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yippie!!!!!!!!!!!

(Rotoworld) Arian Foster (groin) participated in Texans practice Friday. Analysis: Foster isn't going to play against the Panthers this week, but he's shaping up as a good bet to return in Week 3 against the Buccaneers.

If tBishop can run on TB I imagine Foster will have an OK game..............

Last edited:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say this doesn't look good for TY this week.............Glad I have back up for him in the 2 leagues I own him in................still sucks.

(Rotoworld) T.Y. Hilton (knee) was held out of Colts practice on Friday. Analysis: Hilton had hoped to get in some "field work" during Friday's session, but he took part in no live practice drills. It's a potentially ominous sign for Hilton's Week 2 availability, though it's possible he'll progress and practice on Saturday. At this point, he can't be viewed as better than 50:50 to play Monday night against the Jets. Hilton does have the extra day to improve.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say this doesn't look good for TY this week.............Glad I have back up for him in the 2 leagues I own him in................still sucks.

(Rotoworld) T.Y. Hilton (knee) was held out of Colts practice on Friday. Analysis: Hilton had hoped to get in some "field work" during Friday's session, but he took part in no live practice drills. It's a potentially ominous sign for Hilton's Week 2 availability, though it's possible he'll progress and practice on Saturday. At this point, he can't be viewed as better than 50:50 to play Monday night against the Jets. Hilton does have the extra day to improve.
I'm not sure I'd start him on Revis island if he were %100, let alone questionable in a Monday night. He can sit on my bench this week, whether he plays or not