• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, before we get into Derrick Henry, and what he is or isnt, or what he was doing the first two years..think about the statement..
"Lead the league in rushing". Not total yards, or scores, or top fantasy back, just straight up lead the league in rushing. So, if taking bets, is it not Zeke vs the field when talking straight up rushing title? So, he's about as good of a guess as anyone else not named Zeke. And why is it Zeke and everyone else? Sure isnt cuz he's that much better than everyone, but because he's on a team that commits to him, and almost exclusively him, running the ball, and they're good at it. Theres literally no other back in that situation, league wide, now the Gurley is hobbled. So I would say ANY capable RB, on a team that can run, and has the team actually commit to him as a feature RB, that back has as least as good of a chance as any other elite RB, of winning the rushing title. So when you say, can I ask why, my response is simply, why not? Titans can run the ball, they have a good enough defense to truly commit, the only thing holding it back is will they continue to fiddle fuck around giving Lewis 10-15 carries a game, or will they commit to Henry. If they do, theres no reason he can't be in the running.

As to everything else, we've had this discussion last year. His first two years can be thrown out there all you like, but bottom line, he had an all pro in front of him that still got the job done, and a rookie/second year QB that needed the benefit of a veteran back there, so his first two seasons of stats don't mean much of anything, the entire situation is different. Its like those who said TY Hilton was done based on numbers he got under Brisset, not Luck.. Irrelevant numbers because the situation is entirely different. Nothing in his first two seasons should hold any weight whatsoever. In fact the only numbers that are relevant to a discussion as to what he might be IF the Titans commit to him, are the numbers he accrued in the very few games they actually DID commit to him. And those numbers say..why not him?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like isad more yards in, than 12 otheres, that not normal

A WR had 43% of his total receiving yds in only 4 games last yr. So in 75% of the games, he only got 57% of his yardage. That's terrible, right?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A WR had 43% of his total receiving yds in only 4 games last yr. So in 75% of the games, he only got 57% of his yardage. That's terrible, right?
I have made some comments on that fact, yeah I find him wildly inconsistent , and somewhat overrated

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, before we get into Derrick Henry, and what he is or isnt, or what he was doing the first two years..think about the statement..
"Lead the league in rushing". Not total yards, or scores, or top fantasy back, just straight up lead the league in rushing. So, if taking bets, is it not Zeke vs the field when talking straight up rushing title? So, he's about as good of a guess as anyone else not named Zeke. And why is it Zeke and everyone else? Sure isnt cuz he's that much better than everyone, but because he's on a team that commits to him, and almost exclusively him, running the ball, and they're good at it. Theres literally no other back in that situation, league wide, now the Gurley is hobbled. So I would say ANY capable RB, on a team that can run, and has the team actually commit to him as a feature RB, that back has as least as good of a chance as any other elite RB, of winning the rushing title. So when you say, can I ask why, my response is simply, why not? Titans can run the ball, they have a good enough defense to truly commit, the only thing holding it back is will they continue to fiddle fuck around giving Lewis 10-15 carries a game, or will they commit to Henry. If they do, theres no reason he can't be in the running.

As to everything else, we've had this discussion last year. His first two years can be thrown out there all you like, but bottom line, he had an all pro in front of him that still got the job done, and a rookie/second year QB that needed the benefit of a veteran back there, so his first two seasons of stats don't mean much of anything, the entire situation is different. Its like those who said TY Hilton was done based on numbers he got under Brisset, not Luck.. Irrelevant numbers because the situation is entirely different. Nothing in his first two seasons should hold any weight whatsoever. In fact the only numbers that are relevant to a discussion as to what he might be IF the Titans commit to him, are the numbers he accrued in the very few games they actually DID commit to him. And those numbers say..why not him?
Zeke is better than everyone else.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have made some comments on that fact, yeah I find him wildly inconsistent , and somewhat overrated

I think Antonio is overrated on the Raiders, but with BigBen, he was always worth the investment

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Derrick Henry Fantasy Football Outlook (2019)
By Bobby Sylvester (FantasyPros), Tuesday, Jul 23rd

After the way he performed to close out the season, there is no doubting that Tennessee will actually use Henry as the primary back all season. He might lead the league in rushing yards, as he can be a workhorse, but without much help on offense, the touchdowns probably won't accompany the yards, nor will any receiving production, limiting his fantasy ceiling substantially.

i lol'd a bit

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. But rb is the one position that doesn’t take time to develop.

Name 3 late developing rbs

Trent Richardson
Ron Dayne
Montee Ball

Well? They are taking their time, aren't they? :pound::pound::pound:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

consistency and inconsistency is ok when predictable... Usually it is... sometimes it is not... But I think we focus too much on inconsistency...

Also, generally speaking every player has good games and bad games... so if you take anyones top 4 games it should be Much better than 25% of their season.... sure 43% is too high, but I would expect the league average to be around 36%...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we through Paul Perkins in the mix as well? ;)