• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florio is a hack. I still remember when he killed Rodgers for not signing for an elderly woman at an airport when Rodgers has signed for the same women over a dozen times. He has an axe to grind against several athletes, often times without merit.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florio is a hack. I still remember when he killed Rodgers for not signing for an elderly woman at an airport when Rodgers has signed for the same women over a dozen times. He has an axe to grind against several athletes, often times without merit.
I definitely agree about that opinion of Florio.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how much he had? And how good it was? :pound::pound::pound:

Vikings released RB Roc Thomas.
Thomas will serve his three-game suspension elsewhere after pleading guilty to felony marijuana possession in May. A 2018 UDFA with Minnesota, Thomas merely notched 10 touches over five games with the team in his rookie season. Third-rounder Alexander Mattison remains Dalvin Cook's backup following Thomas' release.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former super bowl winning QB, formerly the highest paid QB in the league, 11 year vet..all as the starter, never great, usually pretty decent, until recently..yeah I would hope and pray he's 16 miles ahead of a rookie entering his second week if camp, especially one drafted in the 2nd round of a widely panned weak QB class.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, now I'm gettin' little nervous about this guy.

NFL.com's Steve Wyche reports Todd Gurley wants to play around 218 pounds this season after usually checking in near 224.

Wyche also said he's spoken to people "with the Rams and around Todd Gurley," and that no one expects a drop off in his production. In the same breath, Wyche also said the Rams are expected to spell Gurley more in 2019, which would necessarily mean a drop off. Mothballed all offseason, Gurley will once again sit out the entire preseason. Aside from breadcrumbs like this, fantasy owners could mostly be flying blind when it comes to Gurley's true regular season usage.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats not saying much, flacco on the downturn. IMHO he was NEVER a top 20 qb, sans his 4 game playoff run
If that's the consensus on Flacco and he is still 16 miles ahead of Lock... then that puts Lock in Leinart range? Sanchez? Geno Smith? Akili Smith? Joey Harrington? Cade McNown? Jamarcus Russell?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the consensus on Flacco and he is still 16 miles ahead of Lock... then that puts Lock in Leinart range? Sanchez? Geno Smith? Akili Smith? Joey Harrington? Cade McNown? Jamarcus Russell?

Well, the point is that Flacco is a well known, well established NFl QB, no matter what people think of him. At this point, Lock is nothing more than a rook QB who's beginning to learn his craft. Flacco certainly should be 16 miles ahead of him at this point. Lock, right now, is in "nobody knows" range, as it should be.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Less developed Josh Allen

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly, this is just my opinion. BUt yeah a notch above leinart, who was serviceable

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what we're talkin' about here; other than dynasty leagues, Flacco rules over alla these guys, at least for now.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former super bowl winning QB, formerly the highest paid QB in the league, 11 year vet..all as the starter, never great, usually pretty decent, until recently..yeah I would hope and pray he's 16 miles ahead of a rookie entering his second week if camp, especially one drafted in the 2nd round of a widely panned weak QB class.
True. But draft class for qb has been down a few years recently that were wrong, like 2016 and 2017. Thought to be decent talents gobbled up early by teams with a need. Flawed prospects.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well..
#1, I don't think there is that consensus. Flacco may not be that great any linger, maybe never was all that great. But what he was/is, is a solid pro, an 11 year vet whose seen it all.

#2- it doesn't mean a damn thing about Lock, other than he's a typical rookie QB. Especially in this day and age when college QB's don't read defenses, rarely if ever audible, and have plays called by the sidelines after the coach sees the defensive alignment. Any rookie should be moles behind any ten+ year vet on day #5 of training camp. Those precious few exceptions are just that, exceptions, and they generally end up being the elite of the elite.
Dollars to doughnuts, Tom Brady was miles behind Drew Bledsoe, Tony Romo was miles behind Drew Bledsoe, Kurt Warner was miles behind Trent Green, Hell, Steve Young was miles behind Steve DeBerg and in year 2 wasn't any better than Deberg so they shipped him to SF where he was miles behind Montana as a third year pro

I'm no big fan of Lock, I'm on record saying Grier was much better in fact....but to somehow extrapolate that a typical rookie QB should be anywhere near the level of a consummate, solid, pro of 11 years after not even one full week of camp is just sheer craziness.

Kid is learning stuff no coach has ever tried to teach him, Flacco could recite the playbook in his sleep I'm sure.

Its what he does in the coming weeks that'll determine if he's worth his salt or not. Will he flail about just to tread water, or swim? Give the kid more than a friggin week before you toss out bust comparisons, for Christ's sake

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But draft class for qb has been down a few years recently that were wrong, like 2016 and 2017. Thought to be decent talents gobbled up early by teams with a need. Flawed prospects.
More proof to the point.. previous classes, with all those flaws and flubs and busts..still rated higher than this ragtag bunch