• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills can match the offer of get a 5th round pick. With only about 9 mil in cap space, tough decision for the Bills.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking good for Blount to resign with Pats.:mad:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
patriots continue to buck the trends.
passing league?
nah, we'll sign every FA RB worth a damn this off season, show you jokers you can still run it if you know how.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another thought on that offer - how much money can the Bills commit to RB after paying Shady?
Gillislee is good, no doubt, but if the Bills match, seems like an overreaction to losing a backup RB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another thought on that offer - how much money can the Bills commit to RB after paying Shady?
Gillislee is good, no doubt, but if the Bills match, seems like an overreaction to losing a backup RB.

Already rumors saying the Bills won't match it. It's front loaded with 4 mil due this year, which means in order to match it, they would have to cut someone to get some additional cap space. Bills should of put a higher tender on him, if they wanted to keep him. Guess they feel they can replace him for much less.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess they feel they can replace him for much less.

My Bills friend put it to me this way - either the Bills are extremely good at evaluating RB talent (and horrible at most other positions) or they just operate a very run friendly system under a mobile QB that keeps rushing lanes wide open for the RBs.

Thinking the latter rings very true, as both Karlos "Cheeseburger" Williams and Mike Gillislee have looked excellent in COP/backup roles. Not knocking their talent, but just saying Bills wouldn't be foolish thinking they can replace a backup RB behind Shady. They should be able to easily.

As for the Pats, they can make any body look great any day. Would not surprise me in the least to see Mike G have a great season in the Blount role.

This definitely means the end of the Blount returning to the pats stories, imo.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it does seem unlikely that the Pats resign Blount now, but IDK if I'd say it was impossible. He had a great season and he's a better pile mover then Gillislee, so if he's willing to sign for the right price....maybe it could happen. Pats seem to always do the unexpected.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dion Lewis would be happy to help you out @TREFF.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got Ingram and the others could be useful. Think he's in about a good of shape as any other team, better then a lot of them.

True - but the headache of NE RBs is certainly more than I want to deal with. ..... even if I had them all.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf is bellicheck doing

My guess is he is forcing the hand of specific teams.
If this is a RB-heavy draft class, by accumulating veteran talent that is still young, experienced, and useful, this puts a limit on teams that are RB-needy. Because now the only RB still available are either old, declining and questionable vets, or they're green rookies with zero NFL experience on the draft board.

Which means that either...
(1) someone else in the draft (more relevant to the mysterious needs of the Patriots) will fall to them.
Or (2) this gives the Pats leverage to manipulate the needs of other teams.​

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dion Lewis would be happy to help you out @TREFF.
Out of all the RB's on their roster today, he's the first one I expect to be not there. All the others contribute on special teams, and can get the job done on the offensive side in thief respective roles.

Let's not forget though, Gillisle isn't a done deal either. Denver wasn't expected to match CJ Anderson's deal with Miami either

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of all the RB's on their roster today, he's the first one I expect to be not there. All the others contribute on special teams, and can get the job done on the offensive side in thief respective roles.

Let's not forget though, Gillisle isn't a done deal either. Denver wasn't expected to match CJ Anderson's deal with Miami either

Guess it's not out of the question but he's still a 26yr old backup. .... chances are they can do better in the draft.