• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Priest Holmes not seeing the field in BAL before dominating with KC another good example, but far from the norm
Holmes had a 1k rushing season year 2 in Balt, another 500 in the next season, only playing in 9 games, and another 500+ the next year as J. Lewis was emerging to run him out of town. His ypc in Balt was just under 5 in around 450 carries.

But, he was an UDFA, and spent his rookie season largely on the practice squad, so yes, kind of, but his time in Baltimore was more productive than most people care to recall.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best example I can think of would be Thomas Jones- who flopped as a first round pick for ARZ, floundered there for 3 years, went to Tampa, was awful there, and then became a stud in Chicago for three season and the Jets for another 3-4, was even an adequate band aid at 32 years old in KC.
But even he showed more in years 1-3 than a guy like Dowdle has.

It's just a REALLY hard sell

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howdy friends. Long time no talk. Ive had a lot of things going on, MOSTLY positive. Ive been disengaged from sports in general. But hoping to settle in for fantasy season here. ….

Supposedly the steelers run game looks amazing. Lots of I formation. Fields noise is starting to grow.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best example I can think of would be Thomas Jones- who flopped as a first round pick for ARZ, floundered there for 3 years, went to Tampa, was awful there, and then became a stud in Chicago for three season and the Jets for another 3-4, was even an adequate band aid at 32 years old in KC.
But even he showed more in years 1-3 than a guy like Dowdle has.

It's just a REALLY hard sell

Thomas Jones had numerous 200+ yard games and lead the ACC in rushing while in college. Granted not the NFL, but there was a reason Jones went in the top 5 of the 2000 draft. He along with a couple of his college teammates disappeared as soon as the landed in Phoenix.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas Jones had numerous 200+ yard games and lead the ACC in rushing while in college. Granted not the NFL, but there was a reason Jones went in the top 5 of the 2000 draft. He along with a couple of his college teammates disappeared as soon as the landed in Phoenix.
Oh I agree, his resume certainly suggested success.. unlike Dowdle's, so it's tough to include him in that type of discussion.

Still, it's the closest I can think of off the top of my head, of a dude who didn't do much, if anything, for multiple seasons, and then was a teams best RB

Plus I didn't want to be that guy who just swatted away the examples of others :)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which makes PIT an even more peculiar fit with their long history of not paying WRs big money in FA/trades.

I guess since they have a cheap QB room now that'll prob roll into a rookie QB contract next, it'll be a few seasons until they have to pay a QB the "going rate", so they're spending on offense skill position. Possibly puts them in position to pay Pickens and have WR locked up for a potential playoff window if they get QB right on a rookie deal.
That is ideal assuming they get a viable QB. Problem is now they are in middling ground to draft a QB. They won't be a SB contender and they won't have a top 10 pick so the chances of them landing that guy gets smaller.
Maybe Fields is the guy? probably not if he doesn't play over Wilson which we anticipate.
Maybe Wilson has a great year but that means they aren't paying a rookie contract but they are paying him AT LEAST $35-40M per year going forward.
This year will tell a lot about PIT with Aiyuk or not.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howdy friends. Long time no talk. Ive had a lot of things going on, MOSTLY positive. Ive been disengaged from sports in general. But hoping to settle in for fantasy season here. ….

Supposedly the steelers run game looks amazing. Lots of I formation. Fields noise is starting to grow.
Growing under Arthur Smith....they must have some good read option and running plays for him

John Cena Omg GIF

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

diggin the new AV..nice

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Marvin Harrison jr gonna have a good year?
@TREFF
@Shanemansj13
@SmokingMonkey
Good?? Yeah most likely. All his measurable suggest greatness, all reports as to his un-measureables, all reports suggest greatness. If his daddy instilled his heart, desire and work ethic into his son, the sky is the limit.

Unfortunately, that 'sky'is named Kyler Murray.
What Murray does, or doesn't do, will dictate whether Harrison Jr is just good or great

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good?? Yeah most likely. All his measurable suggest greatness, all reports as to his un-measureables, all reports suggest greatness. If his daddy instilled his heart, desire and work ethic into his son, the sky is the limit.

Unfortunately, that 'sky'is named Kyler Murray.
What Murray does, or doesn't do, will dictate whether Harrison Jr is just good or great
Yep.

In five years with Murray as the starter, the Cards have produced just one 1000-yard receiving season: Nuk in 2020.

Throughout the league in those five years there were 123.

That said, I think Jr. does it this year.

And I think McBride becomes McBridesmaid.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until Kyker Murray misses half the season with his annual injury.
I think Harrison Jr is the type of WR that can produce with any guy at QB. I mean he had Kyle Mccord for pete's sake.

Looks at Zona depth chart...

Desmond Ridder

Uh Oh Sam GIF by GLOW Netflix

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Harrison Jr is the type of WR that can produce with any guy at QB. I mean he had Kyle Mccord for pete's sake.

Looks at Zona depth chart...

Desmond Ridder

Uh Oh Sam GIF by GLOW Netflix
Well, college, you don't need a stud QB if you simply out athlete every DB on the feild, the dude throwing the ball just has to not be complete shit