• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Marvin Harrison jr gonna have a good year?
I joked that it depends on Kyler Murray's health (which is no joke, really - the dude needs to avoid the blue tent).

But looking at Arizona receiving history, David Boston had the best season ever. DeAndre Hopkins and Larry Fitzgerald were tier 1 WR.

But the best WR while Murray has been QB (19-23) is Hopkins' 1400+ in 2020.

Not to sound like a downer, but Jr. would have to have a pretty historic rookie season with a healthy Murray.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their best hope is for Brisset to play until Maye either figures it out or it's clear that he won't. Unless the hope is to play for a top pick again next year, then yeah sure, go ahead and play Milton. We'll be entertained with same crazy plays from time to time, but they won't win much.
Brissett should be the assumed starter for as long as the Patriots are mathematically alive just to have a starter thats at least solid enough to show who can actually play.

Some draft people were saying last offseason that the Patriots roster was the hardest to rebuild so just take two years to do it. So drafting Maye, a younger QB prospect than someone like Milton, is almost certainly part of a 2-3 year rebuild.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I joked that it depends on Kyler Murray's health (which is no joke, really - the dude needs to avoid the blue tent).

But looking at Arizona receiving history, David Boston had the best season ever. DeAndre Hopkins and Larry Fitzgerald were tier 1 WR.

Not to sound like a downer, but Jr. would have to have a pretty historic rookie season with a healthy Murray.

With that yardage he would be right there in the running for best rookie WR season of all-time.

Nacua now leads in yardage (1,486 yards) and receptions (105) and not close in TD's for rookie seasons. I would give the best WR rookie season to Moss...

In 1998, Moss had 1,313 yards, only 69 receptions but 17 TD's. Which is pretty insane. Basically every 4 receptions he scored a TD.

Jamarr Chase and OBJ can be argued as well

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy on the radio this morning compared Joe Milton to Michael BIshop..ouch

( to those who don't remember, Michael Bishop was the guy the fans wanted to replace an ineffective Drew Bledsoe, while Tom Brady was still holding the clipboard - he was out of the league the following year)
So what you're saying is Maye is the next Brady.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess it could come down to your subjective definition of 'good' too though.

Is 750-999 yards 'good' enough? if so, Kyler has supported many 'good' WR's - Fitz, Kirk, twice, both Nuk and Hollywood were on pace for even better than that in '22 but Kyler went down, and they both also missed time. Last year was a complete CF with Kyler and Downs splitting the season.

I think if the expectation of 'good' is a flex play with some serious upside any given week, then I think Harrison will have a 'good' 2024. If the expectation of 'good' is 1200+ yards, his owners are likely to be disappointed. Anyone expecting more than that, is just wishful dreaming--not with this QB, not with this team as currently constructed.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that yardage he would be right there in the running for best rookie WR season of all-time.

Nacua now leads in yardage (1,486 yards) and receptions (105) and not close in TD's for rookie seasons. I would give the best WR rookie season to Moss...

In 1998, Moss had 1,313 yards, only 69 receptions but 17 TD's. Which is pretty insane. Basically every 4 receptions he scored a TD.

Jamarr Chase and OBJ can be argued as well
Jefferson's 88 catch, 1400 yd, 7 score rookie year, worth a mention as well

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here too... Chase, Jefferson, Moss and even Nacua had QB that stayed upright and loved to air it out.

I think Jr could have a better-than-average year. But i'm not taking the risk of reaching for him at his current ADP. Too rich for me.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here too... Chase, Jefferson, Moss and even Nacua had QB that stayed upright and loved to air it out.

I think Jr could have a better-than-average year. But i'm not taking the risk of reaching for him at his current ADP. Too rich for me.
'member back in the day when Stafford was given the 'glass' label? 10 games as a rookie, 3 in his second year, peeps like us were writing him off.

Dude didn't miss another game for 8 years.

wouldn't it be great if someone could do that agian?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'member back in the day when Stafford was given the 'glass' label? 10 games as a rookie, 3 in his second year, peeps like us were writing him off.

Dude didn't miss another game for 8 years.

wouldn't it be great if someone could do that agian?

Miami Football Hello GIF by Miami Dolphins

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reported Brandon Aiyuk’s potential return to the 49ers now “appears increasingly possible” after a recent meeting between the two parties.

Could it be that after being allowed to dip his toes and field offers, he didn't quite get the feel that he would be getting 30-35M a year form anyone else either?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reported Brandon Aiyuk’s potential return to the 49ers now “appears increasingly possible” after a recent meeting between the two parties.

Could it be that after being allowed to dip his toes and field offers, he didn't quite get the feel that he would be getting 30-35M a year form anyone else either?
This whole thing has never made sense to me anyway. Who the hell asks for a trade from arguably the best team in football? It's not like he's 33 years old and is worried that if he gets hurt he'll never get another contract. Just play your contract out and then cash in next off season when every team in the league has a shot at you and isn't strapped to stay under the cap. Next year you have Lamb that's the only one better than Aiyuk and then Higgins and maybe Godwin could be argued in his same category, but if Lamb signs an extension, he will most likely be the most coveted wide receiver with Higgins and since there are limited options for teams to sign, that will probably mean a bigger payday.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'd be a little shocked if either of them are the week 1 starter. I didn't see NFL caliber passing and decision making form either of them. Milton was better than Maye, neither of them are close to being in the conversation with Brisset as far as effectively operating an NFL offense though.

Even Milton's TD pass to a WIDE open WR was behind the guy.

And lets not forget who Milton was playing against once he got in there.

Milton has serious shades of Cam Newton to him, stronger arm, but even worse actual instincts to play the position 'the right way'.

Their best hope is for Brisset to play until Maye either figures it out or it's clear that he won't. Unless the hope is to play for a top pick again next year, then yeah sure, go ahead and play Milton. We'll be entertained with same crazy plays from time to time, but they won't win much.
I liked Milton a lot heading into the draft.

As a TE/emergency QB.

Smart guy, good athlete, not an NFL starting QB imo.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Havard grad stuck around just long enough just to make the Steelers fold (this is what I will believe).

Good job, Berry. Now go get us a Super Bowl

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thing has never made sense to me anyway. Who the hell asks for a trade from arguably the best team in football? It's not like he's 33 years old and is worried that if he gets hurt he'll never get another contract. Just play your contract out and then cash in next off season when every team in the league has a shot at you and isn't strapped to stay under the cap. Next year you have Lamb that's the only one better than Aiyuk and then Higgins and maybe Godwin could be argued in his same category, but if Lamb signs an extension, he will most likely be the most coveted wide receiver with Higgins and since there are limited options for teams to sign, that will probably mean a bigger payday.
Diva. Lamb is so much better than Aiyuk imo

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Godwin's a tough sell. All the tools and he should be elite, but they've played him in the slot for so long, he's had the living crap beaten out of him.

He finally became healthy last year, and now they're saying he'll be playing in the slot again.