• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhhhhh!!! obx is a PLACE.

Outer Banks of NC

I'll be Gdamned if I didn't think the same thing.

:pound: :pound: :pound:
This one I knew because of the MBBRL profiles. Little blast from the past for OBX since they aren't done anymore. This is from 2016 by the way.

Name: Shane

Fantasy Screen Name: Obxyankeefan

Why that name? At the time I made it, I lived in the Outer Banks of NC. I am a huge Yankees fan.

City and State of Residence: Belleville, Michigan

Time Zone: Eastern

Married or Single: Married

Children: 3 stepsons, I raised two of them and consider them my own. Aged 36, 33, & 30. 6 grandchildren aged 15, 12, 11, 1, 1, & 1 with two more on the way. 5 dogs who are my kids.

Occupation (If retired, list your occupation prior to retirement also): Joining Inspector Team Leader for the F150

Work hours: Tuesday through Friday 5PM to 4:12AM

When do you post to SportsHoopla: Normally early afternoon until late at night

What SportsHoopla boards are you active on? FF, FB, and MLB. I also like to read the Political Board, but do not post there.

How long have you been playing fantasy football? Whatever year Ginny Testevrde was a rookie. He was my first ever draft pick.

Why did you start playing fantasy football? I got a FB board game for Xmas one year in the early 80s and played APBA games growing up. FF was just the next step when asked.

What brought you to the MBBRL
? I started out in the MBBRL Baseball league and just moved over here

How many MBBRL football leagues are you a member of? B league, but moving up to A next year, Suicide B, both dynasties, and Bust league.

How many other fantasy football leagues were you in this year? 3 my old Cbs Yahoo league, a Lions board dynasty, and I join one a year to mess with

How many leagues did you make the playoffs in and how many did you win?
5 I lost two in the championship game and two in the semi-finals. The fifth one is a two week final I am still alive in.

What’s your favorite thing about fantasy football? Anything dealing with numbers.

What do you consider your strongest fantasy football attribute?
Drafting

What do you consider your weakest fantasy football attribute? Trading. Before MBBRL, I was never in a league that traded much. Because of that I've been known to make some lopsided trades.

What other MBBRL member do you think is the best message poster? each have their own strengths.
Chef is everywhere and funny
Harold is one of the most knowledgeable players and gives good advice
Treff for knowing how this league runs
Bandit for the background numbers

What one fantasy player that is still active would you absolutely not own under any circumstances next year?
Gronk, I am not taking a TE in the first round

Who is the greatest fantasy football player of all time? Jeff George. Because I picked him up in (my memory is bad, I thought it was 1995 but) 1999 off WW. That team was 0-5 in a 23 team league. Because of that one move my team went 8-1 the rest of the way. Snuck into the playoffs and beat the top 3 seeds to win it all. That was the last time I won a FF league, but i have had a high number of championship game losses since then. Other then that I would say Marshall Faulk

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in general the closer you get to a coastline, the more disgusting it gets..so yes, agreed. (I do like the history and whatnot in Philly though :) )
Agree on both points.
More proof..get away from the coasts! The salt water obviously affects brain waves
We are talking about oakland,PA though. PITTs campus and two UPMC hospitals basically encompass all over Oakland.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even know there was an Oakland, PA, I just assumed you jumped east to west in mid stride. Oops
lol. Just a suburb of pgh. But also has museums, carnegie mellon university, chatham university, conservatory, and many other things. Just not a fan of what theybe done there lately

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Just a suburb of pgh. But also has museums, carnegie mellon university, chatham university, conservatory, and many other things. Just not a fan of what theybe done there lately
Bootleggers had a nice renovation (at least on the outside). One year I lived across from there on corner of Bates and Semple. Rest of south O was a little more ghetto than I wanted to show the family.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bootleggers had a nice renovation (at least on the outside). One year I lived across from there on corner of Bates and Semple. Rest of south O was a little more ghetto than I wanted to show the family.
U go to pitt? Bootleggers did upgrade. I was down there 13 years ago at this point, but totally different vibe down there now. There and southside yikes. Southside is a shit show.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U go to pitt? Bootleggers did upgrade. I was down there 13 years ago at this point, but totally different vibe down there now. There and southside yikes. Southside is a shit show.
Yes I did. I started there Fitz's last year.

Tons of construction going on right on campus.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I did. I started there Fitz's last year.

Tons of construction going on right on campus.
Well then. Guess I cant be an ass to fellow alumni. You were there around my time. You may have been on campus around the same
Time as me. I was there 2006-2011. I had transferred in after a few years, finished undergrad there and then grad school.

Construction everywhere. Its a weird development plan. Upmc is expanding. They keep trying to modernize and let the “business” area take hold. But all its doing is dampening the area. Oakland is college and cultural imo. Upmc has its area on the hills, stay there.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ McCarthy to have surgery....well dammit, he looked good vs the scrubs, I wanted to see him get some 1st team preseason reps

Well holy shit, gonna miss the full year, Sam Darnold or bust for the Vikes this season