• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean encouraged enough to bet on them at 25,000 to 1?

View attachment 371340
wow..I'd put their odds better than the Panthers. Probably on par with the Gmen and Titans. And honestly I think the Raiders should be worse than the Broncos (but better than the Panthers also)

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears 6th? C'mon! No way.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
resources for what exactly? A hosting site? need team owners? tips?
My bad. I was looking for decent outlets that have player rankings overall at their positions. I’m in the dark and don’t know who is a good resource in the market and who is just full of shit and mailing it in.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. I was looking for decent outlets that have player rankings overall at their positions. I’m in the dark and don’t know who is a good resource in the market and who is just full of shit and mailing it in.

Fantasypros.com is prob best for comparing your personal rankings to "industry experts" but just remember this game is like MLB batting average, even the really good "experts" are only batting around .300-.400 any given season

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just to re-emphasize what SmokingMonkey said..fantasy pros is probably one of the better ones out there, without question. And yes, the best of the best are missing %50+ of the time

I also like Pro Football Focus as a second source, and Fantasy Football Calculator for ADP information- better draft prep than doing mocks imho.

Day to day info, I'm hitting rotoworld.

And of course, I 'm coming here for any real opinions on any given topic and getting the opinions of the guys on here.

One thing I never do, use ESPN, CBS, FOX, NFL.com, or Yahoo for much of anything at all

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. FantasyPros.
They take expert rankings from everywhere and combine them into 1 list.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasypros.com is prob best for comparing your personal rankings to "industry experts" but just remember this game is like MLB batting average, even the really good "experts" are only batting around .300-.400 any given season
These sites are pretty useful for telling you what the perceived value of a player is, injury news, and very rough ballpark expectations (i.e. if they say a guy's competing to make a roster as a special teams player/depth WR, they're usually right). Of course they're not so good at telling you how a player will actually do, especially week-to-week. Also they often misinterpret depth charts and get next-man-up wrong after a guy goes down.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These sites are pretty useful for telling you what the perceived value of a player is, injury news, and very rough ballpark expectations (i.e. if they say a guy's competing to make a roster as a special teams player/depth WR, they're usually right). Of course they're not so good at telling you how a player will actually do, especially week-to-week. Also they often misinterpret depth charts and get next-man-up wrong after a guy goes down.
No doubts.

Once your draft is done, and the season starts, your flying with your gut, what you see happen every week, and info from a many sources as you can gobble up. Which is why I go with rotoworld, who, in general, does a good job coming through all the local reports, the tweets, and all the shit, compiling and posting the more relevant content in a easily digestible form, all day long

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at this point, nobody knows who the next man up is if somebody goes down including the coaching staff. Last year when Kyren Williams went down the Rams signed Darrell Henderson off the streets instead of giving anybody they had on the roster a shot and then when Kyren was healthy again, promptly cut Darrell Henderson and sent him back to the streets.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my rant.

I will add that if a player gains any traction in rankings, most other "insiders" and experts will bump them up on their rankings too. IMO this skews their value.

Too many owners gravitate to these "stash-for-week-8" players. This can be a problem winning early in the season since history tells us that some players/teams (1) start slow, or (2) have minor injuries since this is the first real action they've seen in 9 months.

So many FF owners focus on "later" in the season during the draft, planning for the unstoppable roster, that they lose sight of the fact it is important to win every single week - starting with week 1.

And the "average" weekly points of even an elite player isnt always a constant average. League MVP Lamar's week 1 points in 2023 was a paltry 7.6 pts. Dak too was 6.3.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess that makes me Ty Cobb

20240819_161656.jpg

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks very much for the feedback and advice guys. Much appreciated. Good luck this year!

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my rant.

I will add that if a player gains any traction in rankings, most other "insiders" and experts will bump them up on their rankings too. IMO this skews their value.

Too many owners gravitate to these "stash-for-week-8" players. This can be a problem winning early in the season since history tells us that some players/teams (1) start slow, or (2) have minor injuries since this is the first real action they've seen in 9 months.

So many FF owners focus on "later" in the season during the draft, planning for the unstoppable roster, that they lose sight of the fact it is important to win every single week - starting with week 1.

And the "average" weekly points of even an elite player isnt always a constant average. League MVP Lamar's week 1 points in 2023 was a paltry 7.6 pts. Dak too was 6.3.
If there's one thing I think we've all learned over the years it's that the people on this board are at the very least equal to the best "experts" in the fantasy football community. I kind of feel like that the reason we go to the websites and check out their rankings is so we have somebody to blame when the shit doesn't work out even though we all know that we are in control of our team and it's our own fault. If you draft Amon Ra St Brown with the first pick this year, that goes against consensus, but he is probably the safest of all the first rounders this year right now (since we don't know about Lamb) and he's not going to lose you the league. Plus, he's certainly not going to be there at pick #23 when it gets back to you. If there's a guy you're convinced is going to have a monster year but he won't make it back to you, take him, you just have to live with the consequences and ridicule if it doesn't work out (Montee Ball comes to mind). I've always said that it's way more important to be good on waivers than to be good at your draft. The draft can get you in the playoffs, but it's usually the waiver wire that will win you the league.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got by on hitting the mid round draft picks. Since joining the MBBRL leagues, I have learned the hard way that you have to do more.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's one thing I think we've all learned over the years it's that the people on this board are at the very least equal to the best "experts" in the fantasy football community. I kind of feel like that the reason we go to the websites and check out their rankings is so we have somebody to blame when the shit doesn't work out even though we all know that we are in control of our team and it's our own fault. If you draft Amon Ra St Brown with the first pick this year, that goes against consensus, but he is probably the safest of all the first rounders this year right now (since we don't know about Lamb) and he's not going to lose you the league. Plus, he's certainly not going to be there at pick #23 when it gets back to you. If there's a guy you're convinced is going to have a monster year but he won't make it back to you, take him, you just have to live with the consequences and ridicule if it doesn't work out (Montee Ball comes to mind). I've always said that it's way more important to be good on waivers than to be good at your draft. The draft can get you in the playoffs, but it's usually the waiver wire that will win you the league.
MF'ing Monte Ball.

Never gonna live that one down, am I?

He SHOULD HAVE BEEN AMAZING!!