• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Philly operate a base 11?? I truly don't know.
My assumption would be, with the run game they like, would be a 12 personal, but I dunno.
They do run some 12 but their 2nd TE isn’t much of a receiving threat so it’s limited as a formation and what it provides.
But.. regardless.. with the running game, with Brown, Smith, Goedart, and Barkley.. is the 3rd WR, starter or no, relevant?
I don’t think he’s fantasy relevant until one of those 4 guys get nicked up and is out. If that happens, he could become the best matchup on the field depending upon the opponent. Like I said, I don’t think he’s a player to draft but one to keep an eye on if and when Eagles skill position players get banged up.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looks like their base is 11 although not as extreme as some teams like the Rams. If I'm looking at useful data, the Eagles threw it over the middle less than any team in the league last year.
New OC this year, in part because of things like this that played out last year. How a professional operation can not spread the ball around the field and stretch the defense vertically and horizontally at this level is astounding to me.

The Eagles got such an unprofessional job out of their coordinators last year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New OC this year, in part because of things like this that played out last year. How a professional operation can not spread the ball around the field and stretch the defense vertically and horizontally at this level is astounding to me.

The Eagles got such an unprofessional job out of their coordinators last year.
Thats kinda why I didn't really know what to do with the data that they didnt throw it over the middle last year. They might see Dotson as a solution to a problem.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think he’s fantasy relevant until one of those 4 guys get nicked up and is out. If that happens, he could become the best matchup on the field depending upon the opponent. Like I said, I don’t think he’s a player to draft but one to keep an eye on if and when Eagles skill position players get banged up.
of fer sure, he'll be a better than average injury replacement, if/when that happens.

And it's always possible the Eagles aren't done making moves. Wouldn't be the first 'surprise' trade of a big name WR if they move AJ Brown or Smith..I mean hell that's how they got AJ in the first place, no one really saw that coming either

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of fer sure, he'll be a better than average injury replacement, if/when that happens.

And it's always possible the Eagles aren't done making moves. Wouldn't be the first 'surprise' trade of a big name WR if they move AJ Brown or Smith..I mean hell that's how they got AJ in the first place, no one really saw that coming either
I can’t see either guy getting traded unless the Eagles season falls apart

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McLaren
Brown
Zacheus
Ertz/Sinnott
Ekeler

Dotson wasn't getting any targets from Daniels this season. He at least has a real chance to earn the WR3 role for Philly
29 receptions in three years for Brown and 109 in five for Zacchaeus... I'm guessing the Commanders see something nobody else sees in those guys, or this is just an intermediate transaction and they'll land another WR.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Dotson get enough usage to warrant being drafted, but he may get enough usage to lower Smith's targets too?
Good point. I think the best way to handicap Eagles skill this year is to look at Kellen Moore’s work in Dallas and Chargers to get an idea of where the ball goes with his system

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
29 receptions in three years for Brown and 109 in five for Zacchaeus... I'm guessing the Commanders see something nobody else sees in those guys, or this is just an intermediate transaction and they'll land another WR.

Dotson must really suck if he got beat out by those bums

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. I think the best way to handicap Eagles skill this year is to look at Kellen Moore’s work in Dallas and Chargers to get an idea of where the ball goes with his system
Chargers ain't much of an indication of what his system is. He had one year, marred by losing his top 2 WR's and his QB at various points of the year.

But in Dallas, he hit the middle often and hard. Witten and Randall Cobb combined for 100+ receptions on 160+ targets, pre Ceedee Lamb, while Gallup and Cooper 119 on the outside, Gallup had 100+ and missed a couple games.

2020 Lamb was primarily the slot guy his rookie year, and had 111 targets, along with 89 more for Schultz, Cooper 130, Gallup 100+

2021 is a bit murkier as Gallup missed time, and Lamb transitioned into a true outside/alpha dog, but Schultz was #2 on the team with 100+ targets, Cooper had 104

2022 with no Cooper, Lamb nearly %100 as the X receiver, Gallup on the opposite side- Lamb had 156 targets, Schultz almost 90, Noah Brown had 70+ often in the slot, Gallup had 70

If anything I'd say Kellen Moore is good news for AJ Brown, and Dallas Goedart and kinda 'meh' for the slot- dependent upon who is in there any given situation.

Also- need ot account for the differing playing styles in Prescott and Hurst..Hurts may be much more inclined to go outside than Dak was just off instincts? Maybe his first read will be outside, and then the other side, where Dak's might've been wherever CeeDee is that play, and if that ain't there I hit the TE?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers ain't much of an indication of what his system is. He had one year, marred by losing his top 2 WR's and his QB at various points of the year.

But in Dallas, he hit the middle often and hard. Witten and Randall Cobb combined for 100+ receptions on 160+ targets, pre Ceedee Lamb, while Gallup and Cooper 119 on the outside, Gallup had 100+ and missed a couple games.

2020 Lamb was primarily the slot guy his rookie year, and had 111 targets, along with 89 more for Schultz, Cooper 130, Gallup 100+

2021 is a bit murkier as Gallup missed time, and Lamb transitioned into a true outside/alpha dog, but Schultz was #2 on the team with 100+ targets, Cooper had 104

2022 with no Cooper, Lamb nearly %100 as the X receiver, Gallup on the opposite side- Lamb had 156 targets, Schultz almost 90, Noah Brown had 70+ often in the slot, Gallup had 70

If anything I'd say Kellen Moore is good news for AJ Brown, and Dallas Goedart and kinda 'meh' for the slot- dependent upon who is in there any given situation.

Also- need ot account for the differing playing styles in Prescott and Hurst..Hurts may be much more inclined to go outside than Dak was just off instincts? Maybe his first read will be outside, and then the other side, where Dak's might've been wherever CeeDee is that play, and if that ain't there I hit the TE?
That’s great stuff. Thanks for compiling that. My wild card here is Barkley. I don’t think they sign him to that number without a desire to use him a ton as both runner and receiver. I think this is his first and last contract with the Birds and they won’t hesitate to run him into the ground….making him a risky take because of his injury history. As an Eagles fan first and foremost, I’d love for them to be a frustrating fantasy team because they’re unpredictable from one week to the next banging the best matchups and taking what the defense gives them. Goedert 11 targets one week, 2 the next. AJ Brown 13 targets one week just 5 the next etc…

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need an opinion because I’m drafting 4 in a .5 PPR league.

I think CMC, CeeDee, Tyreke Hill go 1-2-3.

Not sure what I do at 4. If I go RB I don’t know if I’m Bijon or Breece Hall. If I go WR, I’m likely going Amon Ra St Brown and will deal with people mocking me because he’s gonna be 8 or 9 on that list.

What are your thoughts? I don’t draft again until 21 and 28. Who I take at 4 should be informed by a plan I have at 21 and 28

Ideally I want a RB and WR 4 and 21 and best player available at 28.

I’m all ears on some opinions you guys can share. Thanks so much!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s great stuff. Thanks for compiling that. My wild card here is Barkley. I don’t think they sign him to that number without a desire to use him a ton as both runner and receiver. I think this is his first and last contract with the Birds and they won’t hesitate to run him into the ground….making him a risky take because of his injury history. As an Eagles fan first and foremost, I’d love for them to be a frustrating fantasy team because they’re unpredictable from one week to the next banging the best matchups and taking what the defense gives them. Goedert 11 targets one week, 2 the next. AJ Brown 13 targets one week just 5 the next etc…
agreed, I fully expect Goedart and Barkley to have similar target numbers

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure what I do at 4. If I go RB I don’t know if I’m Bijon or Breece Hall. If I go WR, I’m likely going Amon Ra St Brown and will deal with people mocking me because he’s gonna be 8 or 9 on that list.

What are your thoughts? I don’t draft again until 21 and 28. Who I take at 4 should be informed by a plan I have at 21 and 28

For me that's a choice of Chase-Bijan-Jefferson, with Jefferson being entirely dependent upon how you feel about Sam Darnold being competent to lead an efficient offense.

I'm pretty sure I'd go with Chase, than hope and pray your league mates are foolish enough to let Henry get to you at your 2nd pick.
Amon Ra is perfectly fine, but I'd take both Chase and Jefferson over him still

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m a Bijon guy. He is my one keeper in my keeper league.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me that's a choice of Chase-Bijan-Jefferson, with Jefferson being entirely dependent upon how you feel about Sam Darnold being competent to lead an efficient offense.

I'm pretty sure I'd go with Chase, than hope and pray your league mates are foolish enough to let Henry get to you at your 2nd pick.
Amon Ra is perfectly fine, but I'd take both Chase and Jefferson over him still

Chase for me as well