• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, did Joe Milton silence his own believers last night?

Did you see him truck that defender at the end of that 8yd run on 3rd and 10?

also didn't get any improvement in preseason playing time or any snaps with the 2s, so that tells us all we need to know.

Milton, Maye, Brissett... not sure it actually matters for us fantasy nerds who comes out on top there

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see him truck that defender at the end of that 8yd run on 3rd and 10?

also didn't get any improvement in preseason playing time or any snaps with the 2s, so that tells us all we need to know.

Milton, Maye, Brissett... not sure it actually matters for us fantasy nerds who comes out on top there
I missed that one, I didn't get to actually see much past the first quarter or so, just checked the box score and read a few'recaps'. None painted a pretty picture.

As to whether it matters? Well as to the QB positions, outside of 2 QB leagues, or 16+ team leagues, no not really. But it will matter for Stevenson, Gibson, Douglas/Bourne/Polk. At least a little bit, maybe.

I know I'd be ever so slightly more confident in taking on of those guys if Brisset is the guy at least to start the season, give Maye a little more time watching and learning.
Ain't expecting much regardless, from any of them, but I'd expect just a little bit more if I knew there was a semi competent QB in charge as opposed to a rookie who quite obviously isn't quite there, yet.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed that one, I didn't get to actually see much past the first quarter or so, just checked the box score and read a few'recaps'. None painted a pretty picture.

As to whether it matters? Well as to the QB positions, outside of 2 QB leagues, or 16+ team leagues, no not really. But it will matter for Stevenson, Gibson, Douglas/Bourne/Polk. At least a little bit, maybe.

I know I'd be ever so slightly more confident in taking on of those guys if Brisset is the guy at least to start the season, give Maye a little more time watching and learning.
Ain't expecting much regardless, from any of them, but I'd expect just a little bit more if I knew there was a semi competent QB in charge as opposed to a rookie who quite obviously isn't quite there, yet.

I would assume being awful last year was motivation enough for the Pats, but Will Levis getting the Mayo endorsement deals over a guy with Mayo as his actual name should have them fired up all season. We better at least get garbage time stats from them this season

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Justin fields gonna be the Steelers starter?
@TREFF
@SmokingMonkey
Neither will allow Pitt to win, at least not often. I assume RW will open the season as the starter, but Feilds could easily end up with more starts.

If you've got roster space, and can carry him, Feilds ain't a terrible stash in your 2 QB league. He may not win NFL games, but he can win fantasy matchups

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,014.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither will allow Pitt to win, at least not often. I assume RW will open the season as the starter, but Feilds could easily end up with more starts.

If you've got roster space, and can carry him, Feilds ain't a terrible stash in your 2 QB league. He may not win NFL games, but he can win fantasy matchups
How bout garden minshew? He was just named the starter in Vegas. Should I get him over fields? Btw this is for when one of my 2 qbs are on a bye week

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bout garden minshew? He was just named the starter in Vegas. Should I get him over fields? Btw this is for when one of my 2 qbs are on a bye week
Well Minshew is the opposite of Feilds- he is the week 1 starter. I doubt they stick with him all year, possibly not long at all. And he's not exactly a thrilled when he does play.

I dunno when your bye week is, but, I would say, Feilds is inserted in as the starter in Pitt, before Minshew loses his gig to O'Connel in Vegas. So if it's early.. maybe go with the Shew. If it's like 8 or later, I'd say Feilds

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Justin fields gonna be the Steelers starter?
When he played (missed 4 games), he averaged the same points-per-game as Mahomes and Richardson (which was a better average than Goff, Trevor and Tua).

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watching broncos packers?
Troy Franklin on the field at all for DEN?

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the 1st qtr.

Dunno, but that kid had had a horrible camp
Local writers are saying he only makes the team due to his draft position.
On the other hand, Bo Nix backed up his first preseason game with another strong showing. This Broncos fan is getting encouraged. Still just preseason though.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand, Bo Nix backed up his first preseason game with another strong showing. This Broncos fan is getting encouraged. Still just preseason though.

Is this Cody Roark a decent beat writer for broncos? Saying pretty much what you said re: Franklin, only he sugared it up a bit with the old "team is committed to his development and doesn't need him to be a WR1, 2, or 3 in year 1"

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this Cody Roark a decent beat writer for broncos? Saying pretty much what you said re: Franklin, only he sugared it up a bit with the old "team is committed to his development and doesn't need him to be a WR1, 2, or 3 in year 1"

Me personally, I haven't heard of that guy.
Mike Kliss, Mark Kiszla, James Merilat, and Troy Renck are what I would consider the 'main' Denver beat reporters, or at least the ones I hear the most from.

However, they all are/have been, reporting essentially the same thing in regards to Franklin as what this guy just said

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I'd be truly shocked if Bo is not named the week 1 starter at some point very soon.

Granted his work thus far has been against scrubs, and not just scrubs, but scrubs from teams who wouldn't be considered deep to start with- Stidham started and played vs the Colts #1's and the Packers didn't play a single starter at all and dear Lord help the cheese heads if anyone of any importance goes down for them- .BUT, he has looked pretty decent. Certainly plenty to be hopeful about in Denver at the moment

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys,

I’m looking for an assist on resources. I am in two 12 team leagues and each are .5 point PPR leagues. Any recommendations are welcome.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean encouraged enough to bet on them at 25,000 to 1?

1724092730587.png

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean encouraged enough to bet on them at 25,000 to 1?

View attachment 371340

Rookie QB to win the SB?

All In Poker GIF by PokerStars