• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dropped Davis and got Russell Wilson. Do u think I should put in some players I have on the bench in and start them
Week 1 is always a tough call. So many changes from one year to the other, new coaches, new offensive systems, there's just so little to suggest any one call is better than another.

Personally I would start Ridley over K. Allen, I just trust his situation more so than the Bears with the rookie QB, and Allen most likely being second fiddle to DJ Moore.

But I wouldnt argue too hard either way

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe I am starting to agree with you, maybe not on the timing but the process. The guy is picking and choosing where he goes now and it sounds like he is telling his agent to contact other teams bc he wants to play there. I totally him wanting to get paid but it's getting out of hand. He already declined to go to NE.

So he wants to get paid and go to a team of his choice. That sounds like the free agency period.
Bingo.
The rumor is the Pats offered him $30 mill a year.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just crazy.

I mean I like Aiyuk, he's pretty damned good.

But 30 million?? For what?? Never led the league in any category, hasnt hit any major milestones that would indicate "hey that dude is elite" i.e. 1400+ yards, 100+ receptions, multiple double digit TD's.. anything like that??

Everyone else getting 30m has (and they're over paid too)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic’s Jon Machota stated Cowboys RB Rico Dowdle “has to be the favorite to lead the team in rushing.”

Spider Man Lol GIF

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic’s Jon Machota stated Cowboys RB Rico Dowdle “has to be the favorite to lead the team in rushing.”

Spider Man Lol GIF
I agree, it's funny. But who else is there?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well both Zeke and Freeman are better RB's, so there's that :)
Maybe. We'll see. Freeman has a hammy already, and seriously, what has he done? Not that Rico has done anything, but who knows at this point?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. We'll see. Freeman has a hammy already, and seriously, what has he done? Not that Rico has done anything, but who knows at this point?
Well he's certainly done more than Dowdle.

He honestly wasn't half bad during his time in Denver, Lindsay was just better. Hasn't had much opportunity since

Dowdle wouldn't be the first guy to contribute virtually zero for three years and all of a sudden be a significant cog in the machine, but there haven't been many.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he's certainly done more than Dowdle.

He honestly wasn't half bad during his time in Denver, Lindsay was just better. Hasn't had much opportunity since

Dowdle wouldn't be the first guy to contribute virtually zero for three years and all of a sudden be a significant cog in the machine, but there haven't been many.
Hmm...can we be talking a bet here? ;)

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well both Zeke and Freeman are better RB's, so there's that :)
I'm with Wil. I'm not sure any of them top 500 yards. And I'm with Chef in that Dowdle might be the best running back they have. At the very least he's the one that could still surprise you since we haven't seen him that much. Zeke and Freeman are known entities at this point in their careers and the known is not very good.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Wil. I'm not sure any of them top 500 yards. And I'm with Chef in that Dowdle might be the best running back they have. At the very least he's the one that could still surprise you since we haven't seen him that much. Zeke and Freeman are known entities at this point in their careers and the known is not very good.
I dunno, 3 years in the league and bubkis thus far seems pretty known also.
Just so rare to have that in you, and not have earned a single decent opportunity before

Just don't see it.

I di buy Will's take though. They'll all be crap, at least yardage wise. I'd bank on someone getting 8-10 scores though, and I'd bank on Zeke being that someone

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm...can we be talking a bet here? ;)
Ha, if it was worth it, maybe.

But like Will said, and Bandit emphasized, I don't think it'll matter much at all who leads in rushing yards. It won't be enough to matter regardless I don't think.

If your playing a Cowboys RB, your best hope is snagging a goalline TD or two any given week, cuz no matter who it is, the yardage is likely to be crap.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly though, everyone does realize that Zeke still had 950 yards from scrimmage, despite being the backup for 12 games, on a ridiculously bad offense, right?

Really selling him short to think Dowdle is gonna usurp him.

Frankly id put money on some random udfa beating him out over Dowdle

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, 3 years in the league and bubkis thus far seems pretty known also.
Michael Turner spent a bubkis 4 years as Tomlinsons backup in SD before Atlanta gave him a chance.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Turner spent a bubkis 4 years as Tomlinsons backup in SD before Atlanta gave him a chance.

Priest Holmes not seeing the field in BAL before dominating with KC another good example, but far from the norm

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly though, everyone does realize that Zeke still had 950 yards from scrimmage, despite being the backup for 12 games, on a ridiculously bad offense, right?

Really selling him short to think Dowdle is gonna usurp him.

Frankly id put money on some random udfa beating him out over Dowdle
Ok so he could be "fresh" but how friggin fat is he now?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's already getting paid the pass rate doesn't matter

Which makes PIT an even more peculiar fit with their long history of not paying WRs big money in FA/trades.

I guess since they have a cheap QB room now that'll prob roll into a rookie QB contract next, it'll be a few seasons until they have to pay a QB the "going rate", so they're spending on offense skill position. Possibly puts them in position to pay Pickens and have WR locked up for a potential playoff window if they get QB right on a rookie deal.