• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers are still in it. Honestly, he probably goes there

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like someone else said, pretty sure all this was going on before the draft.
Probably.
But leaving camp. Leaving a playoff team. He is sending a clear message that nothing matters except his payday.

He needs Jason Bateman from Hancock to rebrand his image.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably.
But leaving camp. Leaving a playoff team. He is sending a clear message that nothing matters except his payday.

He needs Jason Bateman from Hancock to rebrand his image.
He’s not even the only Niner holding out.

Aiyuk showed up at camp. Trent Williams hasn’t.

How are you only noticing him?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams is mental too. :rolleyes2:
I guess we have come to our conclusion:

Every player holding out is mental lol

Amari Cooper held out for some time but the dude couldn't be a nicer guy. I think it is simple...whether they want to win or not, they also want to get paid. It can be both.

Not every player is OBJ. Fuck...I hate

YARN | That son of a bitch. That goddamn son of a bitch. | Harlem Nights |  Video gifs by quotes | a3955312 | 紗

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting topic-

I would PROBABLY never fault a player for holding out in the last year of his contract. I would probably fault them %100 of the time for holding out with multiple years left though. But in that final year, given the injury risks, with no assurances of anything beyond your next paycheck, I certainly get it. Now, I think they should respect the terms of that final year when negotiating that contract extension. There's already escalators paid out by the league to everyone at the end of every year, to those who outperform their contract, so that's not an issue. Play for what you agreed to, and negotiate the future numbers according to what the market dictates you're worth.

Likewise, I also wouldn't hold it against the teams for playing hardball. Just the nature of the business

That one exception where I would look at the player, and go "wtf are you doing" would be when you're on a team that has a hands down, legit shot at a Superbowl. Not only is it quite probably a once in a lifetime opportunity to play in a SB (just ask Marino), let alone win one, but being on a SB champ team, increases your value. Hitting the market, unrestricted, as a defending SB champ, who also happens to be regarded as one of the 'best of the best' at his position? Name your price, your length, and all the terms young man, the world will be your oyster. I Totally get the desire for security, I really do. But if being the best is a motivator for you, and even if money is your primary motivator, being the best means you get more money, then get that ring.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers are still in it. Honestly, he probably goes there

FWIW, most insiders in PGH outside of the shock-jocks aren't reporting any merit to these trade discussions... Not sure what to believe at this point. Doesn't appear to be any sort of substance to these claims that the Steelers are in talks with them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, most insiders in PGH outside of the shock-jocks aren't reporting any merit to these trade discussions... Not sure what to believe at this point. Doesn't appear to be any sort of substance to these claims that the Steelers are in talks with them.
Aiyuk-Tomlin are clones and I think he is his long lost son so in that sense...it makes all the sense in the world

Book it

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,956.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Attachments

• IMG_2519.png
    IMG_2519.png
    775 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2518.png
    IMG_2518.png
    690.4 KB · Views: 9

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you guys think I did?
if this is a "start 2QB" league you should do well. if this a 1QB league, i think you'll be sorry you took a backup QB early since a lot of your players are not feature guys on offenses imo.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,956.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if this is a "start 2QB" league you should do well. if this a 1QB league, i think you'll be sorry you took a backup QB early since a lot of your players are not feature guys on offenses imo.
It is a start 2 qb league

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the starting lineup you are looking at. 2 QBs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must the only 1 who thinks Aiyuk is nuts for wanting to be traded off a Super Bowl contending team?

I mean, even if SF dug their heels in... he could cash in as a FA for much more than a trade would garner.

His timing for forcing this, his timing in relation to free agency, and his request to leave a really good playoff team.... he must be mental. And all of this will come back to bite him and then he'll probably throw a tantrum on his new team.
:2cents:
@averagejoe I am starting to agree with you, maybe not on the timing but the process. The guy is picking and choosing where he goes now and it sounds like he is telling his agent to contact other teams bc he wants to play there. I totally him wanting to get paid but it's getting out of hand. He already declined to go to NE.

So he wants to get paid and go to a team of his choice. That sounds like the free agency period.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could but why. Just wondering. Other then that does the team look good

Yeah, I like the team, good value at RB when it looks like you built up rest of positions before them.

Gabe Davis will never play in your lineup, even on bye weeks.

If there's a decent QB2/3 type still available it's a better use of the roster spot

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,956.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I like the team, good value at RB when it looks like you built up rest of positions before them.

Gabe Davis will never play in your lineup, even on bye weeks.

If there's a decent QB2/3 type still available it's a better use of the roster spot
Yeah it is a ppr league so I hope my wide receivers look good. There’s a photo of the best qbs available but do you think my qbs are not that good

Attachments

• IMG_2520.png
    IMG_2520.png
    694.2 KB · Views: 6

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it is a ppr league so I hope my wide receivers look good. There’s a photo of the best qbs available but do you think my qbs are not that good

I'd stash any of them over Gabe. Has nothing to do with who your starters are and everything to do with supply and demand at QB position with your settings

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a start 2 qb league
then that's why you need a 3rd QB over Gabe Davis.

Another reason would be because both Tua and Lamar carry significant injury risk, neither are a safe bet to be available all 17 weeks (or 16 depending upon your league's playoff schedule)

Other than that, I would say your not looking bad. Obviously lacking in RB, both quality and quantity, but such is life these days in fantasy football. If you had quality and quantity at RB, than your WR's would probably be terrible. So pick your poison.

Given Harrison Jr, Ridley and Cooks all on the bench, you could easily swap out Gabe Davis AND J. Meyers for a QB and a RB. Neither of those WR's will play for you, barring complete and utter disaster, might as well have more options at RB, cuz you WILL need more than 3 Rb's to make it through the season, guaranteed.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,956.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then that's why you need a 3rd QB over Gabe Davis.

Another reason would be because both Tua and Lamar carry significant injury risk, neither are a safe bet to be available all 17 weeks (or 16 depending upon your league's playoff schedule)

Other than that, I would say your not looking bad. Obviously lacking in RB, both quality and quantity, but such is life these days in fantasy football. If you had quality and quantity at RB, than your WR's would probably be terrible. So pick your poison.

Given Harrison Jr, Ridley and Cooks all on the bench, you could easily swap out Gabe Davis AND J. Meyers for a QB and a RB. Neither of those WR's will play for you, barring complete and utter disaster, might as well have more options at RB, cuz you WILL need more than 3 Rb's to make it through the season, guaranteed.
I dropped Davis and got Russell Wilson. Do u think I should put in some players I have on the bench in and start them