• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see where he goes, but even in NE he will be featured in the offense instead of just one of the parts.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a done deal but in all seriousness. I think the Browns are just leverage for the SF asking price. I am not doubting he gets traded, just doubting it's to CLE

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think the Browns are just leverage for the SF asking price.
Not sure i agree.
SF may not have the cap, and they've been pretty successful despite not having a consistently-targeted, featured WR. They may not view this as a team "need."

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure i agree.
SF may not have the cap, and they've been pretty successful despite not having a consistently-targeted, featured WR. They may not view this as a team "need."
That is why they want to trade him but they want full value for him. Kinda goes along with what I am saying, why trade him for example...Cooper and a 2nd or 3rd? Makes no sense. That leaves me with the question...why is CLE even in this discussion.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why they want to trade him but they want full value for him. Kinda goes along with what I am saying, why trade him for example...Cooper and a 2nd or 3rd? Makes no sense. That leaves me with the question...why is CLE even in this discussion.
Not that I'm buying Cleveland, but Cooper's a better player than Aiyuk. The kind of guy that can win you those tough playoff games.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't understand why the Browns would be an interested team. They just re-upped Cooper - who IMHO is a superior pure WR. Aiyuk is gonna be a bigger play maker, more WOW type plays, Cooper is easily more consistent and reliable- and they traded for Juedy, and they have Elijah Moore and David Bell, and they're still paying the price for the Watson trade, who has been horrendous, so it's not like they're legitimate contenders with him at QB..

WTF are they doing?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't understand why the Browns would be an interested team. They just re-upped Cooper - who IMHO is a superior pure WR. Aiyuk is gonna be a bigger play maker, more WOW type plays, Cooper is easily more consistent and reliable- and they traded for Juedy, and they have Elijah Moore and David Bell, and they're still paying the price for the Watson trade, who has been horrendous, so it's not like they're legitimate contenders with him at QB..

WTF are they doing?
Well Coop is only on a 1 year deal and he wanted more years. They ultimately agreed to the one year deal. Definitely a superior WR right now and one of the best route runners but also on the other side of 30.
Better for this year? Sure. Last year he was worn down by the end of the year and he couldn't stay healthy once the playoffs rolled around. Aiyuk isn't that player yet but he is 4 years younger and played less than half the games with much less wear and tear. I think that would be the main reason.
Watson hasn't had the chance. He was starting to look much better and led that comeback vs BAL and they he got hurt.

Really doubting this happens. I still think it is just a rumor especially what Schefter tweeted this morning. Sounds like they are still listening to offers. He didn't specifically mention NE or CLE as frontrunners

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every GM in football would rather have Aiyuk personally.

Number one reason: he isn’t 30.
sure but trade assets for him, when you don't need him? It's a stretch

You draft guys for the future, typically you don't trade for a player unless it's to fill a pressing need and you're planning on being a legit contender

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You draft guys for the future, typically you don't trade for a player unless it's to fill a pressing need and you're planning on being a legit contender
I’d be all for Detroit trading for BA tbh.

They won’t. But I’d be happy with the added weapon. He has a bright future. And Cooper is into his back nine at this point.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coop + a 3rd

Just throwing it out there. I mean if I am CLE I do this and I love Coop but watching the last couple games, his age showed. Best scenario is CLE keeping Coop and trading Newsome/Teller + a pick for Aiyuk.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every GM in football would rather have Aiyuk personally.

Number one reason: he isn’t 30.
SF has a year or two left before they need to pay Purdy. It's a good idea to try to cash in on a SB now, and Cooper gives you a better shot at that in the next year or two than Aiyuk. After that Cooper will be 32 and in OBJ territory and SF lets him go.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess it isn't bs. If this happens I worry about Watson more now. He had a connection with Coop when he was on the field

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF has a year or two left before they need to pay Purdy. It's a good idea to try to cash in on a SB now, and Cooper gives you a better shot at that in the next year or two than Aiyuk. After that Cooper will be 32 and in OBJ territory and SF lets him go.
Cooper is an unrestricted FA at the end of the season.

By holding out earlier this summer he got a raise, but didn’t get an extension.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper is an unrestricted FA at the end of the season.

By holding out earlier this summer he got a raise, but didn’t get an extension.
SF could add a year. I bet Cooper wouldn't object.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess trading Cooper away to obtain Aiyuk makes more sense. Still weird though.

No way I'd agree to a deal for Kendrick Bourne for Aiyuk though, you'd have to kick in something substantial on the Bourne side.

And IF it comes to fruition, I really like Cooper for a career year in SF. target share might go down, but the efficiency has the potential to go through the freaking roof