• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought over a year ago he said he was retiring in 2 years? Doesnt seem like this is his last season, does it?

If you don't bend the truth a little bit at your job in order to max out your pay you're doing it wrong

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking something along these lines. I think the guy is always in response mode, which I think might translate to him keeping playing at a high level rather than feeling like he's set.
Haha something like every 6 months he forgets he's the best WR in the league and has to prove it.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now now, let's be fair to Reek... he said he'd retire once this contract is up. He extended this contact, it ain't up no mo

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer reports the Broncos had a second-round draft grade on WR Troy Franklin.
Denver took Franklin — a former college teammate of rookie QB Bo Nix — in the fourth round of the 2024 NFL Draft. The team, Breer said, was “stunned to see him there in the fourth round. He’s validated their grades thus far.

well here's an intersting case of a national reporter vs the local beat guys.

All reports from the local beat guys suggest that the Bronco's coaches are very frustrated with Franklin, but SI"s Breer says "He's validated their grades (2nd round) thus far"

Someone is either full of BS, or is being fed BS

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer reports the Broncos had a second-round draft grade on WR Troy Franklin.
Denver took Franklin — a former college teammate of rookie QB Bo Nix — in the fourth round of the 2024 NFL Draft. The team, Breer said, was “stunned to see him there in the fourth round. He’s validated their grades thus far.

well here's an intersting case of a national reporter vs the local beat guys.

All reports from the local beat guys suggest that the Bronco's coaches are very frustrated with Franklin, but SI"s Breer says "He's validated their grades (2nd round) thus far"

Someone is either full of BS, or is being fed BS
All of it is BS.

What are the odds the beat guy never liked the draft pick in the first place?
What are the odds Breer is talking to the front office instead of the coaches?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I buy it.
I mentioned in an earlier post that PRIOR to the NFL draft most pundits had Franklin as the WR6.
Where I see a conflict is the report from the other day where Franklin was in Peyton's doghouse.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I buy it.
I mentioned in an earlier post that PRIOR to the NFL draft most pundits had Franklin as the WR6.
Where I see a conflict is the report from the other day where Franklin was in Peyton's doghouse.

Still think the only way he's winning a role is if the vet WRs get injured, but I've heard football is a contact sport so it could happen

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I buy it.
I'll typically buy a local beat reporter's take more so than a National news guy. There are exceptions of course, but I honestly couldn't tell you who the hell this SI guy is. Far as I knew, SI only exists to publish the swimsuit issue these days.

But yes, I do buy they had a 2nd round grade on him..begs the question as to why they didn't take him in the third though

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anybody figured out why Sean Payton was so highly coveted when he was going to come out of retirement? The more time that goes by the more I just think that maybe it was Drew Brees and not Sean Payton that made that offense so good. Brees might be highly underrated when it comes to the all-time greats because he was in Manning and Brady's era. And there is a distinct chance at this point that Sean Payton just isn't that good.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anybody figured out why Sean Payton was so highly coveted when he was going to come out of retirement? The more time that goes by the more I just think that maybe it was Drew Brees and not Sean Payton that made that offense so good. Brees might be highly underrated when it comes to the all-time greats because he was in Manning and Brady's era. And there is a distinct chance at this point that Sean Payton just isn't that good.
Payton is 25-20 without Brees, which isn't bad.

If he goes two more years in Denver without a winning record he's toast, though, and will probably never get hired again.

Except by Jerry Jones.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except by Jerry Jones.
ouch nuts GIF

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Payton is 25-20 without Brees, which isn't bad.

If he goes two more years in Denver without a winning record he's toast, though, and will probably never get hired again.

Except by Jerry Jones.
To be fair, the poor guy has only had 2 seasons post Drew Brees, and one of those was dealing with the dumpster fire in Denver, and he did get them 3 wins more than they had the year before, and THE most wins they've had since Kubiak left town.

That other season he took Jameis friggin' Winston and turned him into a viable NFL QB, and Winston has barely been seen nor heard from since.

And he did have 4 losing seasons with Brees, not like that's a positive for him, but it aint like 'insert Drew and automatically win' either

He may not be some messiah, but he's certainly an improvement on anything they've had for about the past decade.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, the poor guy has only had 2 seasons post Drew Brees, and one of those was dealing with the dumpster fire in Denver, and he did get them 3 wins more than they had the year before, and THE most wins they've had since Kubiak left town.

That other season he took Jameis friggin' Winston and turned him into a viable NFL QB, and Winston has barely been seen nor heard from since.

And he did have 4 losing seasons with Brees, not like that's a positive for him, but it aint like 'insert Drew and automatically win' either

He may not be some messiah, but he's certainly an improvement on anything they've had for about the past decade.
Yes, but for $18 million a year, he should be a lot closer to the messiah than an average coach.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but for $18 million a year, he should be a lot closer to the messiah than an average coach.
Are there any coaching messiahs? McVay and Shanahan maybe, and both would pull more than that if they were on the market.

Jim Harbaugh in his way, and he's getting the same kind of money as Payton but brings a ton of baggage.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBC Bay Area’s Matt Maiocco reports the 49ers have agreed to the “framework” of a Brandon Aiyuk trade with both the Patriots and Browns.

Per Maiocco, “now it’s up to Aiyuk to decide if he will accept either team’s contract terms.” It’s odd timing for a deal of this nature, but things are looking irreparable between the 49ers and their co-No. 1 receiver. The 2020 first-rounder just wants to get paid heading into the final season of his rookie deal, and the star-laden Niners aren’t in a great position to do so. This should get resolved within the next 24 hours. Both the Pats and Browns would be a steep fantasy downgrade, but the Pats far, far — far — more so.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBC Bay Area’s Matt Maiocco reports the 49ers have agreed to the “framework” of a Brandon Aiyuk trade with both the Patriots and Browns.

Per Maiocco, “now it’s up to Aiyuk to decide if he will accept either team’s contract terms.” It’s odd timing for a deal of this nature, but things are looking irreparable between the 49ers and their co-No. 1 receiver. The 2020 first-rounder just wants to get paid heading into the final season of his rookie deal, and the star-laden Niners aren’t in a great position to do so. This should get resolved within the next 24 hours. Both the Pats and Browns would be a steep fantasy downgrade, but the Pats far, far — far — more so.
SF should have traded him before the draft

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF should have traded him before the draft
Pretty sure Aiyuk didnt make his demands known until after the draft. If he was unhappy, HIS timing could've been better.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. And I would argue that some people would claim that getting 8 wins out of that Broncos roster would be darn close.

Well see what he does now that he's cleaned house and it's mostly his team

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Aiyuk didnt make his demands known until after the draft. If he was unhappy, HIS timing could've been better.
There were rumblings, I would expect that he and the team had those discussions in private way before they became public