• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot take on local radio

Remember, it's a hot take, and not from a beat reporter or anyone claiming to have 'inside' knowledge, just a former player doing local radio commentary. But, ya know, its slow around here, so wth, right??

Philip Lindsay predicts rookie WR Troy Franklin does not make the team. Pointing to his early struggles in camp and his 'leading the team in "butt chewings" through week one.
Lindsay says Sutton, Mims, Reynolds, Patrick are the only locks, gives a 5th spot to Lil'Jordan Humphrey, and says he thinks they only keep 5 WR's.
Actually sounds useful.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw quite a bit of Franklin getting drafted ahead of WRs that I had higher on my board across all my dynasty leagues, looking like I dodged one there

Snl Dodge GIF by Saturday Night Live

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot take on local radio

Remember, it's a hot take, and not from a beat reporter or anyone claiming to have 'inside' knowledge, just a former player doing local radio commentary. But, ya know, its slow around here, so wth, right??

Philip Lindsay predicts rookie WR Troy Franklin does not make the team. Pointing to his early struggles in camp and his 'leading the team in "butt chewings" through week one.
Lindsay says Sutton, Mims, Reynolds, Patrick are the only locks, gives a 5th spot to Lil'Jordan Humphrey, and says he thinks they only keep 5 WR's.
He's being chewed out to get him going. Real early in camp, let's call it an ice cold take since no one has played football yet.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's being chewed out to get him going. Real early in camp, let's call it an ice cold take since no one has played football yet.

Tough camp report on top of falling father than most expected on draft weekend, enough smoke for me to stay away

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I see one of these type of reports I just think of all the reports about Jamarr Chase and how awful he was in camp. They aren't cutting a guy they traded up in the 4th round to draft and keeping Lil Jordan Humphrey instead.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well like I said, was just some guys making 'hot takes/predictions' on camp battles which I found interesting. Wouldn't bank too much on it, but, mission accomplished, it got some responses on here :)

They also predict Stidham to start, easily..and that wasn't during their 'hot take' segment, that's just kinda the reality everyone is looking at for now.
Zac WIlson isn't expected to make it on the roster

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I see one of these type of reports I just think of all the reports about Jamarr Chase and how awful he was in camp. They aren't cutting a guy they traded up in the 4th round to draft and keeping Lil Jordan Humphrey instead.

Negative camp reports hit a little differently when you're talking about the 5th overall pick compared to the 102nd overall guy. Still taken with a grain of salt but usually only hear fluff pieces about day 3 draft guys getting snaps with the first team and things of that nature.

If falling to the 4th rd of the draft didn't motivate this kid, I highly doubt a coach barking at him during practice will light a fire under his ass

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit

I do completely agree with your overall point, broncos aren't keeping Humphries around at Franklin's expense, just seems like the 'playing with his college QB' narrative inflated Franklin value in the dynasty community after the draft

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
must say that when you posted that about Franklin, had to do a double check on my dynasty rosters to see if i had him.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't cutting a guy they traded up in the 4th round to draft and keeping Lil Jordan Humphrey instead.
Prior to the draft Franklin was pegged as high as the WR6 in the draft class and was ranked 8 overall among all fantasy rookies.
After being selected by Denver (which reunites him with his college
QB Bo Nix), he somehow lost value, dropping him to 21 overall as well as the WR11.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior to the draft Franklin was pegged as high as the WR6 in the draft class and was ranked 8 overall among all fantasy rookies.
After being selected by Denver (which reunites him with his college
QB Bo Nix), he somehow lost value, dropping him to 21 overall as well as the WR11.

A big part of the "valuation" is draft capital. WR6 when projected 2nd rd capital, WR11 after only getting 4th rd capital.

Still WR11 when he was the WR17 off the draft board, I'm guessing he's still a bit overvalued even after the 5 spot drop back

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing to perhaps keep in mind before dismissing Lil'Jordan....

Sean Peyton did find this kid, and keep him around for 3 seasons, and he was one of the first guys Peyton brought in when hired on in Denver.

That's not for nothing.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing to perhaps keep in mind before dismissing Lil'Jordan....

Sean Peyton did find this kid, and keep him around for 3 seasons, and he was one of the first guys Peyton brought in when hired on in Denver.

That's not for nothing.

Forgot he came over with SP from the Saints. There's always guys that coaches like having on their team even if they aren't the best.

Same goes for the real world schmucks working a 9-5, bosses/managers bring in "their guys" under them all the time when they move around or get promoted. Good to have a sense of familiarity, that's worth a lot when people on the team know the expectations and can decrease the learning curve for new people, or oftentimes in sports, the more talented people.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sutton restructuring his deal hurts Franklin more than any negative camp report at this stage. Whether its Nix, Stidham, or Wilson won't matter much, as it is very unlikely that they support more than 1 flex worthy WR throughout the season

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sutton restructuring his deal hurts Franklin more than any negative camp report at this stage. Whether its Nix, Stidham, or Wilson won't matter much, as it is very unlikely that they support more than 1 flex worthy WR throughout the season
Absolutely, Sutton re-signing, and Time Patrick's health, are more of threat to Franklin than Lil'Jordan. Mims, Reynolds, and now Sutton are locked into the main 3 wide set. If Patrick is upright, he's the 4th without question.

If Franklin does make the team, he'll need some help to be even marginally relevant.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Camp reports that Milton is out playing Maye....yikes
Honestly not too surprised. Never understood the hype on Maye, that's why I had McCarthy going to the Patriots for most of the offseason, also why many people identified them as one of the more likely targets for teams looking to trade up.
And I also feel Milton fell about 2-3 rounds further than he should of, if not mores o.