• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least one report is that it was during the punt practice, not the kickoff practice. not that it really matters much, unless we're talking about how the kickoff rules were supposed to prevent injury- than it's relevant, and would be nice if some source would confirm one or the other.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foreman taken off on a stretcher practicing new kickoff

Um... that's not how the new kickoff was supposed to play out....

I had read that more than a few teams were against the new kickoff format. To the point @TREFF made above, you wonder if Foreman's report was intended to take a swipe at the new rules.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All tests negative on Foreman..much ado about nothing. But, I am still curious as to what was going on when it happened.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopkins knee injury today, gonna miss the start of the season

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just resurrected Schmoopy's injury thread.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Camp reports that Milton is out playing Maye....yikes

Honestly not too surprised. Never understood the hype on Maye, that's why I had McCarthy going to the Patriots for most of the offseason, also why many people identified them as one of the more likely targets for teams looking to trade up.
And I also feel Milton fell about 2-3 rounds further than he should of, if not mores o.
Will this is early, my money on Maye being ahead Milton once the season starts but you never know. I only have Maye in one league and I own Mahomes in that league (and Watson and Daniel Jones for depth) also have one share of Jayden Daniels and one share of Nix in other leagues. I can't say Milton's tape in college impressed me so I'm a little surprised by the take he's out playing Maye's.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will this is early, my money on Maye being ahead Milton once the season starts but you never know. I only have Maye in one league and I own Mahomes in that league (and Watson and Daniel Jones for depth) also have one share of Jayden Daniels and one share of Nix in other leagues. I can't say Milton's tape in college impressed me so I'm a little surprised by the take he's out playing Maye's.

Again, this isn't live gameplay, but one of the camp reports said you couldn't tell who was the 3rd overall pick vs the 6th rd flyer, lol

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I sure wouldn't say Milton's tape was overly impressive. Maye certainly had more stuff to point to and say, 'wow, he's got a big ceiling'.
So sure, I would've taken Maye before Milton, but, I don't think the disparity was as massive as draft day suggested it was, is all.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, this isn't live gameplay, but one of the camp reports said you couldn't tell who was the 3rd overall pick vs the 6th rd flyer, lol
Maybe that is a backhanded assessmemt that neither one looks like they'll make it in the NFL.
:tongue:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news for them is that unless something drastically changes they are going to get another top 3 pick again next year so they'll have another shot at picking the correct guy.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news for them is that unless something drastically changes they are going to get another top 3 pick again next year so they'll have another shot at picking the correct guy.

Classic Bears strategy, love it

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he get injured 9 months ago?
Yeah I always thought it was an outside chance that he didn't start on PUP anyway. That's what it said in all of the rookie draft scouting reports that I saw at least. And Monkey, it happened November 11th against TCU. I think people maybe had an outside hope that he would start the season, but the timeline didn't make that a real possibility. If they were smart they would just let him start on PUP and keep him out the first four weeks. Their bye isn't until week 11 so keeping him out that long doesn't make any sense. I think Chuba Hubbard is going way too late in drafts this year so far.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chuba Hubbard is going way too late in drafts this year so far.
Considering you MIGHT get 6-8 games, at the very best, with Chuba as a 'lead' back of a committee with Sanders, playing in an offense that isn't expected to be any good at all., I'd say the 11th-12th round ADP he's listed at is about right.

He's one of the first names I cross off my list entirely

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tyreeky wheel gets the grease
Thought over a year ago he said he was retiring in 2 years? Doesnt seem like this is his last season, does it?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can only think ahead 6 months at a time. Definitely less than 9.
I was thinking something along these lines. I think the guy is always in response mode, which I think might translate to him keeping playing at a high level rather than feeling like he's set.