• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything and Anything Superhero-Related

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy they had from xmen origins was perfect. Had the look too.
Taylor Kiesch

They will not go with him.

1) He was the face the of the John Carter flick, and that bombed.
2) He has totally changed his looks for True Detective. I dont think he would pass as Remy anymore.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the problem is that I don't think superman always works as a dark and gritty character... But I feel like the movie knew this and didn't even use superman that much...

I feel like the darkness took away some of the FUN that a superman movie should be... Now, I am not saying they cant make superman darker than the Christopher reeves movies, or even the Smallville tv show... But they were trying too hard IMO...

I get what you are saying. I am great with not making Superman campy, but wasn't happy with how they went with the opposite extreme with him. Really took away from the character I thought

I didn't mind Lex really, it was a new take, and ok with that, no idea why jail makes you shave your head, but I guess you had to fit that in somehow.

The dreams were not my thing... well shot as most of what Snyder does is, but what the F is Superman's dead dad doing building a stone grave thingy in the middle of nowhere... What point does that location have? He was buried at the family farm, so it made no sense to me along with most of the others.

Not bad, and would have been fine 10+ years ago, but I think we should expect better with how the Comic movies have exploded and this wasn't anywhere near the best I've seen.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I finally saw BvS last night, saw it in 3-D, which was pointless, could have seen it in standard and have the same effect. Overall, I liked the movie, it wasn't the best, wasn't as nearly as good as Deadpool, but it's 2 different types of movies. Affleck was a very good Bruce Wayne/Batman, and was one of the bright spots of the movie. He was one of the most comic accurate Batman to date. Eisenberg was actually pretty good, I know i've seen mixed reviews on him, but I liked him. Cavill sucked, I don't like Superman, and i'm not a fan of Cavill either. He just seems boring to me.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, god damnit. Looks like Soiderman is going to force me to watch Civil War. I promised myself to never bother with the Avengers again after Age of Blandtron.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I finally saw BvS last night, saw it in 3-D, which was pointless, could have seen it in standard and have the same effect. Overall, I liked the movie, it wasn't the best, wasn't as nearly as good as Deadpool, but it's 2 different types of movies. Affleck was a very good Bruce Wayne/Batman, and was one of the bright spots of the movie. He was one of the most comic accurate Batman to date. Eisenberg was actually pretty good, I know i've seen mixed reviews on him, but I liked him. Cavill sucked, I don't like Superman, and i'm not a fan of Cavill either. He just seems boring to me.

What is interesting is I see Batman and Lex luther to be very similar characters... Not in this movie of course... But in this movie I thought Bruce wayne was a better lex luthor than lex luthor was... I think that may have been why they made Lex so eccentric and crazy... They needed to separate the 2 characters more...

It was really not the Lex I wanted...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts on Gadot as Wonder Woman?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is interesting is I see Batman and Lex luther to be very similar characters... Not in this movie of course... But in this movie I thought Bruce wayne was a better lex luthor than lex luthor was... I think that may have been why they made Lex so eccentric and crazy... They needed to separate the 2 characters more...

It was really not the Lex I wanted...

I hate this (not you, their idea), the modern Lex is not crazy. He's got the business accumen of a Steve Jobs/Jeff Bezos, the scientific genius of some fo the best research doctors in the world, and and ego triple all of those combined.

He is a bit blinded by greed and power, but he legitimately also sees himself as the hero of the story, standing up to an alien who has no allegiances and could (in theory) go rogue at any time.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did everyone catch reference to the fact that Eisenberg played Lex Jr. and not the traditional Lex we're used to seeing?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate this (not you, their idea), the modern Lex is not crazy. He's got the business accumen of a Steve Jobs/Jeff Bezos, the scientific genius of some fo the best research doctors in the world, and and ego triple all of those combined.

He is a bit blinded by greed and power, but he legitimately also sees himself as the hero of the story, standing up to an alien who has no allegiances and could (in theory) go rogue at any time.

I agree. They went overboard with making Lex to much of a crazy douche like Eisenberg is in real life way too early. Did anyone notice the whole "Lex on the roof of the building" scene was way too similar to the scene where him and Bats are overlooking the ferry boats "And here we go!" thing in Dark Knight. That was a massive ripoff right there and whoever wrote that should have a batarang shoved up his Pelosi.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Afflecks current handlers mentioned to the hollywood reporter that he's confirmed for Justice League 1 and 2. So it appears #2 is a go.

We know a Wonder Woman movie based around the time period of WW1 is in the works. Aqua Man and Flash appear to be the other properties that may be getting their own solo movies as well. Although Justice League has a shitload of characters who could be in the works.

It sounds like any solo Batman flick involving Affleck and him acting as a director/script has been pushed back behind both of the Justice League movies. This is actually good news because Affleck could be hitting 50 by then, and we could have a different actor involved by then.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Afflecks current handlers mentioned to the hollywood reporter that he's confirmed for Justice League 1 and 2. So it appears #2 is a go.

We know a Wonder Woman movie based around the time period of WW1 is in the works. Aqua Man and Flash appear to be the other properties that may be getting their own solo movies as well. Although Justice League has a shitload of characters who could be in the works.

It sounds like any solo Batman flick involving Affleck and him acting as a director/script has been pushed back behind both of the Justice League movies. This is actually good news because Affleck could be hitting 50 by then, and we could have a different actor involved by then.

Actually it was just reported today that Affleck finished a script for a standalone Batman, and given the critical reception to the Batman part of BvS, I can see WB greenlighting a batman film very soon.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it was just reported today that Affleck finished a script for a standalone Batman, and given the critical reception to the Batman part of BvS, I can see WB greenlighting a batman film very soon.

Hope not. Affleck worked as Batman with a ton of help from an ensemble cast movie. I know he has a boner to be in a batman movie to prove a midlife crisis point, but I hope WB decides to say no for now. I'm sure he'd be able to find a couple deep pockets to bankroll it and thus, I'm sure will get one by 2018.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. They went overboard with making Lex to much of a crazy douche like Eisenberg is in real life way too early. Did anyone notice the whole "Lex on the roof of the building" scene was way too similar to the scene where him and Bats are overlooking the ferry boats "And here we go!" thing in Dark Knight. That was a massive ripoff right there and whoever wrote that should have a batarang shoved up his Pelosi.

Considering Christopher Nolan worked on both movie franchises I'm not sure you can rip off yourself.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope not. Affleck worked as Batman with a ton of help from an ensemble cast movie. I know he has a boner to be in a batman movie to prove a midlife crisis point, but I hope WB decides to say no for now. I'm sure he'd be able to find a couple deep pockets to bankroll it and thus, I'm sure will get one by 2018.
I'd like to see a stand alone batman movie, Affleck was excellent. I'd like to have seen a stand alone Superman, but I think they blew Lex so badly, it hurts it's chances

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now that could be interesting. I don't hate Affleck as a writer and as long as Goyer and Snyder are far away from that movie then I could see it being good.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should've done a stand alone batman before Batman vs Superman