• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone like to dog Cleveland's upper management as a way to validate LeBron...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Hill and Rodney Hood with big-time performances earlier tonight in crucial games.

Even though they weren't good fits to rebuild with, anyone that's capable of their own train of thought can see that they were thoughtful acquisitions at the time..

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Hill and Rodney Hood with big-time performances earlier tonight in crucial games.

Even though they weren't good fits to rebuild with, anyone that's capable of their own train of thought can see that they were thoughtful acquisitions at the time..

They are both role players.

Solid role players, but still. George Hill was Cleveland's best PG last year. He is a 20 minute a game player off the bench for Milwaukee and possible the 3rd best PG on their roster if you count Brogdon as a combo guard.

Makes a big difference.

Cleveland's roster last year was not championship caliber. Milwaukee's is a lot better and deeper.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodney Hood averages less per game this year than last

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I didn't pay attention to him in Cleveland outside of the playoffs with LeBron. He's putting up like 15, 17, 19 point so far in this series vs Denver. Absolutely huge role player for the Blazers. I am sure his season stats are much lower, but as far as playoffs go he's enormous to this team.

In Cleveland I just remember him being a annoyingly good role player that LeBron could dish to the outside and would hit a 3.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I didn't pay attention to him in Cleveland outside of the playoffs with LeBron. He's putting up like 15, 17, 19 point so far in this series vs Denver. Absolutely huge role player for the Blazers. I am sure his season stats are much lower, but as far as playoffs go he's enormous to this team.

In Cleveland I just remember him being a annoyingly good role player that LeBron could dish to the outside and would hit a 3.

If we are talking playoffs that's a different story.

He lost his spot last year

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys like George Hill and lent bazemore are good role players, but on brutal contracts. But they have value to a team in a vacuum.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hill for sure was needed as without him they had Calderon as the PG when Lebron wasn't handling the ball. I think Hood just didn't fit with Lebron for whatever reason.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Solid role players, but still. George Hill was Cleveland's best PG last year. He is a 20 minute a game player off the bench for Milwaukee and possible the 3rd best PG on their roster if you count Brogdon as a combo guard.

Makes a big difference.

Cleveland's roster last year was not championship caliber. Milwaukee's is a lot better and deeper.
Not championship caliber yet the only team that beat them has not lost to anyone in the playoffs but the Cavs in nearly half a decade.

But had to figure extreme comments would come from you. "A lot better and deeper"?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True...guy just melted in the postseason for us for whatever reason. Maybe they needed to let him play out of his slump. Or, maybe just not a good fit with Lebron.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,518.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Makes a big difference.

This.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill is 3rd best PG on Milwaukee.
Debatable he's 3rd best, yet he played a ton of minutes. He's also just one player. You don't think Clarkson and Hood would get a ton of minutes on Milwaukee? They had a few DNP-CDs for the Cavs in the playoffs.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Makes a big difference.

Well it didn't help that Lebron alienated Kyrie Irving

It was still better than the lakers tho lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it didn't help that Lebron alienated Kyrie Irving

It was still better than the lakers tho lol
Might have but not sure I'd put it all on Lebron. Kyrie just a different breed. Guy who covered them and now writes for The Athletic - Jason Lloyd - said Kyrie would go weeks without saying a word to anyone.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not championship caliber yet the only team that beat them has not lost to anyone in the playoffs but the Cavs in nearly half a decade.

But had to figure extreme comments would come from you. "A lot better and deeper"?

They had LeBron.

Take him away from that team and they were a 25 win dumpster fire which was essentially proven this year.

They did great with what they had. But they also overachieved.

And yes. Milwaukee's roster is a lot better and deeper than the '18 Cavaliers. George Hill was 4th on the team in minutes and he is now like the 8th man in Milwaukee averaging 20 minutes a game. That alone should be proof.

For the record, '18 LeBron was better than '19 Giannis, IMO, but from 2-12 this Bucks team is a lot better. The only place you even have an argument is Kevin Love vs. Middleton. And while I know which side you will take, I would wager more on here would prefer Middleton. Although that one is close IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Debatable he's 3rd best, yet he played a ton of minutes. He's also just one player. You don't think Clarkson and Hood would get a ton of minutes on Milwaukee? They had a few DNP-CDs for the Cavs in the playoffs.

Because Ty Lue trusted JR Smith more than gen trusted them.

That says a lot.

Sure I think Hood or Clarkson would be in the Bucks rotation, it would not be a major role. At best it would be similar to what Snell is doing now.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had LeBron.

Take him away from that team and they were a 25 win dumpster fire which was essentially proven this year.

They did great with what they had. But they also overachieved.

And yes. Milwaukee's roster is a lot better and deeper than the '18 Cavaliers. George Hill was 4th on the team in minutes and he is now like the 8th man in Milwaukee averaging 20 minutes a game. That alone should be proof.

For the record, '18 LeBron was better than '19 Giannis, IMO, but from 2-12 this Bucks team is a lot better. The only place you even have an argument is Kevin Love vs. Middleton. And while I know which side you will take, I would wager more on here would prefer Middleton. Although that one is close IMO.
OK, but they had Lebron. They also had a team built to play with Lebron which means not as much need for ballhandlers and a greater need for shooters....and one that will not be good without him.

Bucks do not sniff the playoffs without Giannis, BTW.

I happen to like Middleton a lot, and agree it's very close with him and Love. Clarkson would probably play a ton for this Bucks' team and would bet they'd love to have Korver to stretch the floor.

TT and Green as important to Cavs as Lopez and Mirotic to Bucks.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Ty Lue trusted JR Smith more than gen trusted them.

That says a lot.

Sure I think Hood or Clarkson would be in the Bucks rotation, it would not be a major role. At best it would be similar to what Snell is doing now.
Hood played major role on a Jazz playoff team. Clarkson has been a 6th man of the year, or a contender. A lot better than Snell. Also had Osman who is a solid bench player who couldn't even get on the floor.

JR Smith was a good player for Ty. Maybe that's why he trusted him?