• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone Calm Down

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've come around on B. Scott. I'd like to see the Lakers get a younger coach and he's not only a younger coach, but he's one that has been to the finals twice as a coach.

I like Karl, but he's older and wouldn't likely be around for long. That's why I'm one of very few that wasn't all giddy at the prospect of hiring Phil 2 years ago. How much longer was he really likely coach. 2, maybe 3 seasons?

I'd like them to get a guy who sticks around awhile, like Riley did.

Karl is 63. He could easily coach 7 to 10 more years

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with scott. I get the feeling it's not near over. With Jim buss who knows what he's doing. My concern is the staff as a whole. Derek Fisher, Steve kerr, Lionel Hollins, the coach in Cleveland all have raided the market for the top assistants. Unless Scott or whoever already had a staff in mind they get everyone's left overs. Price you pay for waiting so long.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want Scott. He was good in his first stint and awful in his second. Want someone innovative. The guys the Lakers are interviewing leaves me extremely underwhelmed.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect Mark Madsen is going to be on the staff no matter who it is because he is in charge of the SL. Kurt Rambis left to go be on Fisher's staff. Who knows, the new coach might even be Mark Madsen.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of capable assistant coaches out there. Not a big deal.

B. Scott had good stints with both NJ and NO. He was hired in Cleveland figuring Lebron would be there. Can't completely blame him for those losing seasons.

I would have liked to see the Lakers hire someone like Ollie. Something other than a retread. That's not the path they want to go though. Please don't hire Dunleavy!

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephenson signed with Charlotte today. Was hoping lakers pulled him in. Big picture now is 2015 potential target al Jefferson. Not sure he leaves to come to LA. Him, Stephenson and Kemps walker make a solid core

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally im a Mark Jackson guy. Im not too keen on Byron, he had a couple successfull seasons but his resume looks a lot like......

6101.jpg

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want Scott. He was good in his first stint and awful in his second. Want someone innovative. The guys the Lakers are interviewing leaves me extremely underwhelmed.

Uh, you do realize that his 2nd stint was Cleveland and that he was hired literally days before Lebron bolted for Miami, right?

I wasn't high on Scott either. But the more I learn about his coaching situations and what he was able to accomplish, I've come around on him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hiring of D'Antoni over Phil was not Jims decision, it was Dr Buss'.

I told everyone that last year AND the year before. TLF and a couple of others said it just showed Dr. Buss was senile.:L

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told everyone that last year AND the year before. TLF and a couple of others said it just showed Dr. Buss was senile.:L

I can understand the reason for it though. The team wanted to rebuild for the future through D'Antoni and Dwight. Phil was more of a "win now" coach.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand the reason for it though. The team wanted to rebuild for the future through D'Antoni and Dwight. Phil was more of a "win now" coach.

Honestly, I think that much of the criticism that D'Antoni got was unwarranted and that I do blame on Jim Buss. It was Jim that let everyone think we were getting Phil and that set D'Antoni up for failure.

Once us Lakers fans thought we were getting Phil, anyone else was simply unacceptable to us. Heck, I'm not sure Pat Riley would have been considered acceptable once we thought we were getting Phil.

Now we had players playing for what was suddenly a wildly unpopular coach. Then, when they finally overcome some of the injuries and actually start to look like the team we thought we were getting, Kobe blows out his Achilles. As bad as the injury bug was in that 1st season, they actually set records for injuries last season.

It was funny though to hear what some folks had to say. There were people acting like D'Antoni was to blame for the Lakers not getting Phil. Like D'Antoni somehow forced himself into "Phil's job" or that he was supposed to turn it down or something.

Hell, D'Antoni was more surprised than anyone. Once Phil's name surfaced, he started looking at other opportunities and concentrating on his rehab from his hip surgery.:lol:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the health issues that he has had. I doubt it.

What's that suppose to mean? He had cancer and was successfully treated. It's not like people just shut their lives down waiting for it to come back

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's that suppose to mean? He had cancer and was successfully treated. It's not like people just shut their lives down waiting for it to come back

He's also had blood clots in his lungs and legs. If memory serves there was heart issue as well at some point in his career.

I like the guy and wouldn't complain in the least if the Lakers hired him, but I just don't see him coaching for 7-10 years, where I can see Byron being around for at least that long.