• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone Calm Down

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly have you done that would be considered "Plan B"?

Keep cap flexibility for next summer. That was Plan B. Plan A was always a longshot.

Mitch is trying to build a contender, not plug holes and saddle the roster with what was available this summer.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B.Scott has probably already been working. They just haven't made the official annoucement yet.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers had played this right LeBron would be house-shopping up in Bel Air right now.

Respectfully disagree. I don't think there was ANY doubt he was going back to Cleveland.

I personally think there was more of a chance seeing Shaq back in a uniform than landing LeBron.

Initially, I was irritated with the Lin trade. NOW, I've taken a harder look at it. How in any way is this bad for LA?

Getting Melo and/or LeBron was a LONG shot at best. Tough to do any S/T with any teams with RFA w/o any assets.

We'll be back, not this year, but soon! :nod:

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a 25-30 win team.

I think we'll be better than that, not a ton, but better. I don't think playoffs are in our immediate future. I think the future of the LA Lakers started with this years FA. I think Mitch & Jeannie had a plan, it didn't work as they wanted, so they moved on to another plan, which hopefully serves us well into the future.

Either way, I think the "hard core" Laker fans will always find something wrong with the way things are being run. No disrespect, some just have different expectations of the Lakers than others.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respectfully disagree. I don't think there was ANY doubt he was going back to Cleveland.

I personally think there was more of a chance seeing Shaq back in a uniform than landing LeBron.

Initially, I was irritated with the Lin trade. NOW, I've taken a harder look at it. How in any way is this bad for LA?

Getting Melo and/or LeBron was a LONG shot at best. Tough to do any S/T with any teams with RFA w/o any assets.

I totally agree Louie. We got a first rounder and then later we got the Clippers' second rounder owned by Houston. We got essentially three players out of that trade for cash and a European player. That was indeed a very good trade for us. And who knows, Lin's career may blossom with the Lakers.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, both Lebron and 'Melo were always long shots with Lebron being a longer shot than 'Melo. The Lin trade was good and potentially great for the Lakers.

If, as some think, he was hindered by 'Melo's return in NY and the offensive system in Houston, he could turn out to be a steal. If he works out, the Lakers re-sign him at a lower rate, plus they get the 2 draft picks. If he doesn't work out, he walks and the Lakers still have the 2 picks.

Win-win for the Lakers.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree Louie. We got a first rounder and then later we got the Clippers' second rounder owned by Houston. We got essentially three players out of that trade for cash and a European player. That was indeed a very good trade for us. And who knows, Lin's career may blossom with the Lakers.

Yeah, both Lebron and 'Melo were always long shots with Lebron being a longer shot than 'Melo. The Lin trade was good and potentially great for the Lakers.

If, as some think, he was hindered by 'Melo's return in NY and the offensive system in Houston, he could turn out to be a steal. If he works out, the Lakers re-sign him at a lower rate, plus they get the 2 draft picks. If he doesn't work out, he walks and the Lakers still have the 2 picks.

Win-win for the Lakers.

1000% agree on ALL accounts, especially bolded! The future of Laker hoops is looking good.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to toot my own horn, but I did do the banner for this forum and the hardest part was fitting all those championship rings. Any team with that many championship rings should always hold their heads up high
:suds:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to toot my own horn, but I did do the banner for this forum and the hardest part was fitting all those championship rings. Any team with that many championship rings should always hold their heads up high

Thanks Doob and if I haven't said it before, the banner looks great.:suds:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are a great franchise with a great history. Regardless of how the next couple seasons go, Laker fans can always hold their heads up in pride.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hells yeah! Just finished getting caught up watching my DVR'd Smackdown.

Roman Reigns is an absolute freak! How bout Layla & Summer! :drool:

Louie, sorry to say but I've been rather disappointed with Reigns as a main eventer…

Lana & Summer tho…

:drool: