• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone Calm Down

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also had blood clots in his lungs and legs. If memory serves there was heart issue as well at some point in his career.

I like the guy and wouldn't complain in the least if the Lakers hired him, but I just don't see him coaching for 7-10 years, where I can see Byron being around for at least that long.

You maybe right. I can see where having Melo, JR Smith, and Allen Iverson on the same team can do damage to your heart

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand the reason for it though. The team wanted to rebuild for the future through D'Antoni and Dwight. Phil was more of a "win now" coach.

The team was built to win and Phil would have been perfect. Again. I think he would have had Dwight buying into a dominant defensive role and not so much on offense. That would still run through Kobe and Pau. Nash would get plenty of open jumpers in a Fish/Kerr role. I think it would have worked. There's something fishy to me about Dr. Buss having wanted this. I think there may have been some sibling power play dynamic to it.

B. Scott had another interview today. I'd be surprised if he didn't get hired.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dantoni and that system was never right for THAT team. Obviously the injuries probably would of happened anyways but the triangle fit that older team much better and I think that Dwight would have stayed had Phil been in place for that next year

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dantoni and that system was never right for THAT team. Obviously the injuries probably would of happened anyways but the triangle fit that older team much better and I think that Dwight would have stayed had Phil been in place for that next year

I'm not convinced Dwight staying would have been a good thing.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NY Daily News had some of the new excerpts to Phil's book 11 Rings. He talks about the meeting with Buss and the hiring of MDA. He doesn't think Dr. Buss made the final decision.

"Several weeks later, the story came out that Dr. Buss, not Jimmy, had made the decision to go with D’Antoni. This seemed unlikely to me given the state of Jerry’s health — not to mention, Jimmy’s long history of impetuous decision-making — but it was impossible to verify that story one way or the other. In the end, it didn’t matter that much anyway. I was ready to move on."

Of course he had to take a swipe at Jimmy. This is what makes me think that this was a sibling power play move.

Exclusive: Knicks president Phil Jackson details how his talks with Lakers unraveled and more in autobiography update - NY Daily News