• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone Calm Down

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok makes sense...

is Lakers nation ok with this selection?

Former Laker, so he knows the culture and what's expected. He's been successful in the NBA as a player and a coach and he truly wants the job. He's been lobbying for it since day 1.

I wasn't that high on him at first because he's had a couple of teams mutiny on him, but considering 1 of them had Jason Kidd on it, I'm thinking maybe it wasn't necessarily a B. Scott issue.

Definitely worth giving him a shot, imo.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Doobs, just like the first time when you finished the banner, I'm telling you it is a great work of art and captures the Lakers both in Minneapolis and LA!!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Doobs, just like the first time when you finished the banner, I'm telling you it is a great work of art and captures the Lakers both in Minneapolis and LA!!

Thank you very much sir! I didn't think I could do the team any justice, what a great tradition!

:suds:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, this is who I clamored for since D'Antoni was fired.

I find it interesting... obviously I knew him as a once NETs coach.... felt he got hosed in NOH, never had a chance in Cleveland...

It's interesting to say the least...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Laker, so he knows the culture and what's expected. He's been successful in the NBA as a player and a coach and he truly wants the job. He's been lobbying for it since day 1.

I wasn't that high on him at first because he's had a couple of teams mutiny on him, but considering 1 of them had Jason Kidd on it, I'm thinking maybe it wasn't necessarily a B. Scott issue.

Definitely worth giving him a shot, imo.

No other candidates? Karl isn't high on returning to coach right?

Can't think of too many NBA experienced candidates... would have to search the college ranks.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't think of too many NBA experienced candidates... would have to search the college ranks.

Mitch and Karl were chatting yesterday in Vegas. I think he'd take the Lakers job if offered it. Mitch and Karl have those UNC ties.

I still think B. Scott gets the job. Still not hired after at least 2 interviews is a little strange though.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Karl wouldn't be a bad get. He just seems like more of a regular season coach. His teams have had a tendency to underachieve in the playoffs.

He's never really had a true championship caliber roster, but he's had teams that should be able to advance farther in the playoffs than they have.

Not sure what the holdup is on hiring a coach. I assume the Lakers have their reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch and Karl were chatting yesterday in Vegas. I think he'd take the Lakers job if offered it. Mitch and Karl have those UNC ties.

I still think B. Scott gets the job. Still not hired after at least 2 interviews is a little strange though.

I agree, the hired should've happened... especially with SL underway...

I doubt its $... I think LAL are holding out for someone.... if not, then oh well lol

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karl wouldn't be a bad get. He just seems like more of a regular season coach. His teams have had a tendency to underachieve in the playoffs.

He's never really had a true championship caliber roster, but he's had teams that should be able to advance farther in the playoffs than they should.

Not sure what the holdup is on hiring a coach. I assume the Lakers have their reasons.

exactly, he would engineer a regular season winner, but when it comes to playoffs, that's a different animal.

Even with vets like Nash and the champ Kobe, maybe that could push him over the hump? With Lin, the scoring PG definitely works for Karl.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Lakers have Mark Madsen running the SL and Mitch is around. So, I guess they are doing this coaching thing by proxy for now.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's never really had a true championship caliber roster, but he's had teams that should be able to advance farther in the playoffs than they should.

Karl was the best candidate available of any guy out there imo. Not only has he been to the Finals, but he's won consistently everywhere he's been. And on top of that, none of his teams played the same way. He adapted to the talent around him and maximized it. But from what I've seen of him on ESPN, he seems pretty content as a broadcaster. That's not to say he couldn't be talked into coaching again, but he does seem happy where he's at.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karl was the best candidate available of any guy out there imo. Not only has he been to the Finals, but he's won consistently everywhere he's been. And on top of that, none of his teams played the same way. He adapted to the talent around him and maximized it. But from what I've seen of him on ESPN, he seems pretty content as a broadcaster. That's not to say he couldn't be talked into coaching again, but he does seem happy where he's at.

I've come around on B. Scott. I'd like to see the Lakers get a younger coach and he's not only a younger coach, but he's one that has been to the finals twice as a coach.

I like Karl, but he's older and wouldn't likely be around for long. That's why I'm one of very few that wasn't all giddy at the prospect of hiring Phil 2 years ago. How much longer was he really likely coach. 2, maybe 3 seasons?

I'd like them to get a guy who sticks around awhile, like Riley did.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've come around on B. Scott. I'd like to see the Lakers get a younger coach and he's not only a younger coach, but he's one that has been to the finals twice as a coach.

I like Karl, but he's older and wouldn't likely be around for long. That's why I'm one of very few that wasn't all giddy at the prospect of hiring Phil 2 years ago. How much longer was he really likely coach. 2, maybe 3 seasons?

I'd like them to get a guy who sticks around awhile, like Riley did.

:agree: