• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Every team games the system

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never denied the cowboys have cheated in the past. This website is bs anyways as has been pointed out in other threads.

Nothing BS about it. Every team has a history of gaming the system. It's been part of football for more than a half century.

This current story is only big news because of who it enolves. For example what happened to the Panthers, and the Vikings after being caught tampering with the game balls during a game? Nothing because they are both semi to fully crappy teams most people could care less about.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so, it is just that not every team gets caught. When a team does get caught, consequences need to be paid.

Broncos paid a price, the Saints did, etc etc etc.

It is the Pats turn. Really simple. There was a rule, Pats broke the rule, Pats tried to cover it up while acting in a condescending manner.

The truth.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so, it is just that not every team gets caught. When a team does get caught, consequences need to be paid.

Broncos paid a price, the Saints did, etc etc etc.

It is the Pats turn. Really simple. There was a rule, Pats broke the rule, Pats tried to cover it up while acting in a condescending manner.

The truth.

So then why weren't the Panthers and Vikings punished for tampering with balls during a game when caught? Suppose it comes down to which team it is?

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then why weren't the Panthers and Vikings punished for tampering with balls during a game when caught? Suppose it comes down to which team it is?

Stop playing the victim bullshit card. Your team has had more than enough breaks.

The tuck rule BS, to this second is one of the biggest jokes of a ruling in the history of sports. Make no mistake, the NFL always had it out for AL Davis, and there was more than one reason Davis was paranoid. Then again, I really do not blame the NFL for hating that asshole, but that is another story.

Also, warming balls on the sideline and forming an equipment room conspiracy to do something you knew was illegal are not even close to being the same thing. Also, in the Vikes-Panthers game, both teams were doing it, so neither team gained an unfair advantage. I am also pretty sure that neither team tried to cover or hide their intentions.

There are very distinct, distinctions that separate the two cases.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop playing the victim bullshit card. Your team has had more than enough breaks.

The tuck rule BS, to this second is one of the biggest jokes of a ruling in the history of sports. Make no mistake, the NFL always had it out for AL Davis, and there was more than one reason Davis was paranoid. Then again, I really do not blame the NFL for hating that asshole, but that is another story.

Also, warming balls on the sideline and forming an equipment room conspiracy to do something you knew was illegal are not even close to being the same thing. Also, in the Vikes-Panthers game, both teams were doing it, so neither team gained an unfair advantage. I am also pretty sure that neither team tried to cover or hide their intentions.

There are very distinct, distinctions that separate the two cases.

It's a violation of the exact same rule. Why is that allowed? It's not a victim card it's showing that the issue has more to do with who it involves when it comes to the league office.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a violation of the exact same rule. Why is that allowed? It's not a victim card it's showing that the issue has more to do with who it involves when it comes to the league office.

You ignoring the distinctions I see. The term you seem to be ignoring is COVER UP, AND COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE.

WHEN BOTH TEAMS are heating the balls, there is NO COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE.

You ignoring the distinctions, does NOT make the distinctions change.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ignoring the distinctions I see. The term you seem to be ignoring is COVER UP, AND COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE.

WHEN BOTH TEAMS are heating the balls, there is NO COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE.

You ignoring the distinctions, does NOT make the distinctions change.

I'm not ignoring it. I'm simply pointing out that it is in fact the exact same rule that was violated, yet hit's handled differently because of who it is.

I really don't give a crap what the QB of any team sets the pressure at.

The report is a hatchet job and goes out of it's way to cover the ineptitude of the game officials and the league office.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here come the "Stop picking at me because my team got caught" thread.

Get over it, have fun with it, don't be a Tom Brady, just man up.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here come the "Stop picking at me because my team got caught" thread.

Get over it, have fun with it, don't be a Tom Brady, just man up.

Not a stop picking at me thing. More of a what a joke of a league office the NFL has. The report is a complete hatchet job and is a cover for their own ineptitude.

I don't doubt Brady tells the equipment manager how he wants the balls, nor do I care.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ignoring it. I'm simply pointing out that it is in fact the exact same rule that was violated, yet hit's handled differently because of who it is.

I really don't give a crap what the QB of any team sets the pressure at.

The report is a hatchet job and goes out of it's way to cover the ineptitude of the game officials and the league office.

The report is a hatchet job? You then claim you are not claiming, "stop picking at me?"

That, is precisely what you are doing. I understand your cognitive dissonance. Your attempt to achieve cognitive consonance by saying the Vikings and Panthers did the exact same thing has been shown to be totally untrue.

You will insist that they are the same things, but they are not. You are ignoring the distinctions, even though you insist you are not ignoring them.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The report is a hatchet job? You then claim you are not claiming, "stop picking at me?"

That, is precisely what you are doing. I understand your cognitive dissonance. Your attempt to achieve cognitive consonance by saying the Vikings and Panthers did the exact same thing has been shown to be totally untrue.

You will insist that they are the same things, but they are not. You are ignoring the distinctions, even though you insist you are not ignoring them.

No I actually read the report, and I happen to be someone that does investigations and writes reports about said investigations. It's a hatchet job and biased in it's writing.

The Vikings and Panthers commited a rule violation, the same one in regards to tampering with game balls, and the mimimum punishment for said violation is 25G. Neither were fined. What it shows is the league isn't consistent when it comes to applying the rules, and I'm not referring to only the Patriots.

The league office is becoming, or already is, a joke.

Most people on these boards haven't even bothered to read the report.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a stop picking at me thing. More of a what a joke of a league office the NFL has. The report is a complete hatchet job and is a cover for their own ineptitude.

I don't doubt Brady tells the equipment manager how he wants the balls, nor do I care.

I understand what your saying, I'm just saying that by bringing attention to it brings forth the validity that it bothers you. Thusly people will prey on that!!!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone speeds too. When you're caught, you get a ticket. If you don't pay your tickets, you go to jail. Shut up and pay your ticket

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what your saying, I'm just saying that by bringing attention to it brings forth the validity that it bothers you. Thusly people will prey on that!!!

Actually it doesn't bother me at all. Remember when the saying about wrestling a pig in the mud, eventually you realize the pig likes it. Feel free to call me a pig.:nod: