• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Every team games the system

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone speeds too. When you're caught, you get a ticket. If you don't pay your tickets, you go to jail. Shut up and pay your ticket

Sure, but we also don't put speeding tickets on the level of felonies.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I actually read the report, and I happen to be someone that does investigations and writes reports about said investigations. It's a hatchet job and biased in it's writing.

The Vikings and Panthers commited a rule violation, the same one in regards to tampering with game balls, and the mimimum punishment for said violation is 25G. Neither were fined. What it shows is the league isn't consistent when it comes to applying the rules, and I'm not referring to only the Patriots.

The league office is becoming, or already is, a joke.

Most people on these boards haven't even bothered to read the report.

Actually, it really isn't.

There is no public outcry for what Rich Mckay did NOT do and got suspended. Or what the Browns did with text messages.

Those things are a less significant than what Brady did.

Is it ticky tack? Maybe, but it is against the rules, Brady tried to cover it up, he got caught.

I think you agree with that. You, are saying that since it is not a big deal to you, that he ought to be able to do it. BTW, it has been going on for years. Another distinction that separates the case of the Vikings and Panthers which are not the same.

You, are still ignoring the distinctions. Like, the concept of covering up and competitive advantages.

Last edited:

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it doesn't bother me at all. Remember when the saying about wrestling a pig in the mud, eventually you realize the pig likes it. Feel free to call me a pig.:nod:

You do not think we believe you when you claim it does not bother you, do you?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it really isn't.

There is no public outcry for that Rich Mckay did NOT do and got suspended. Or what the Browns did with text messages.

Those things are a less significant than what Brady did.

Is it ticky tack? Maybe, but it is against the rules, Brady tried to cover it up, he got caught.

I think you agree with that. You, are saying that since it is not a big deal to you, that he ought to be able to do it. BTW, it has been going on for years. Another distinction that separates the case of the Vikings and Panthers which are not the same.

You, are still ignoring the distinctions. Like, the concept of covering up and competitive advantages.

I suspect he did it; however when you read the report there is actually no evidence he did.

The Panthers and Vikings did break the rules and were given a pass even though the rules specifically state there is a minimum punishment required. The concept of covering up and competitive advantage has nothing to do with any of it.

This story has more to do with who it involves, that what actually likely took place.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it doesn't bother me at all. Remember when the saying about wrestling a pig in the mud, eventually you realize the pig likes it. Feel free to call me a pig.:nod:

:lol:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but we also don't put speeding tickets on the level of felonies.
Not felonies, but I'd put it on the level of PED's. Its cheating to get an unlevel playing field. The League would love to protect it's Golden Boy, but the whole world is watching now. I think you'd better prepare yourself for the hammer that's about to get dropped on Brady and the Pats

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone speeds too. When you're caught, you get a ticket. If you don't pay your tickets, you go to jail. Shut up and pay your ticket
For the Pats it's probably more like someone going on a speed chase to avoid the ticket. Being uncooperative is likely going to be what hurts them the most.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not felonies, but I'd put it on the level of PED's. Its cheating to get an unlevel playing field. The League would love to protect it's Golden Boy, but the whole world is watching now. I think you'd better prepare yourself for the hammer that's about to get dropped on Brady and the Pats

Even the PED thing is a joke. If it's prescribed who gives a crap.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Pats it's probably more like someone going on a speed chase to avoid the ticket. Being uncooperative is likely going to be what hurts them the most.

I agree.

I'm looking forward to how it all plays you. Yee's statement appeared to be a shot across the NFL league office bow. This thing could actually end up in court.

:pop2:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Bill Polian talking about that this morning. He said ulin 2007, the League added a mandate that any player under investigation had to give complete cooperation, and that while the Wells report said it's probable Brady did it, it was 100% adamant that he wasn't fully cooperative

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't actually. If you knew me you would know I like to do this.:nod:

Look, I am not saying it is bullshit, and it is. However, there will be consequences and that is the Twitter world we live in.

Do not give the technical stuff about there not being ACTUAL proof.

There is. No big deal in the end to me. I am trying to say that there will be consequences, and that is what you need to accept.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I am not saying it is bullshit, and it is. However, there will be consequences and that is the Twitter world we live in.

Do not give the technical stuff about there not being ACTUAL proof.

There is. No big deal in the end to me. I am trying to say that there will be consequences, and that is what you need to accept.

There may be consequences, but the thing is I really don't care.:nod:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady's gonna get 4 games, the Pats are gonna get a fine and lose next years 1st round pick. Get ready

4 game for possibly deflating footballs.

2 games for punching future wife in face.

Seems legit.:scratch:

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would appear my favorite team in the whole wide world got bagged for cheating.
OK take the punishment and move on. That's it.

Let's see what Jimmy G. can do. I didn't like the trade talk about him anyway.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 game for possibly deflating footballs.

2 games for punching future wife in face.

Seems legit.:scratch:
Is that all you can do is deflect to another case which is not even the standard of the nfl anymore. How about 10 games for hitting your gf like Hardy got. How about the 6 games like AP got for switching is child.