• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Evaluate Your Team at Midseason

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all injuries are created equal. The difference between a team's 6th best offensive lineman and 8th best offensive lineman is probably notable. The difference between a team's 3rd best CB and 5th best CB/WR is probably pretty big, too.

One of the reasons for my low(ish) grade on the Rams is that they had a good quarter or so against the Steelers without Big Ben and a good quarter or so against the Vikings without Bridgewater. Not being able to seal the deal there is a lot worse than whatever something like point differential could tell me. This was a year that was prime for a 10-12 win Rams team and its looking closer to 7-9.

Understand that and mostly agree. What I am saying is that in order to objectively rate teams, you need to take away as many variables as possible. Injuries are common, hence should not be considered a variable.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NY Jets 5-3 thanks to a favorable schedule. Haven't beaten a good team yet.

Over rated defense that had major let downs and looked godawful in LA. Disgracefully allowed Jacksonville to march down field in 22 seconds to get last weeks game within 1 score.

QB is doing a decent job but is clearly limited and cannot complete a pass that goes 20 or more yards in the air. O-Line looked good early but is clearly compromised and unable to compensate when Mangold is injured. Ivory already showing signs of wear.

Other than the kicker special teams have been sub par and now the kicker is injured (Out 2-6 weeks).

Still a possibility they could win 10 games thanks to their schedule but they are showing they don't have the depth to handle injuries.

Thursday against the Bills will let us know where they are. If they lose I see them 8-8 or 9-7 and on the outside looking in for the playoffs. If they make the playoffs I can't see them winning a game unless the get the winner of the South.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NY Jets 5-3 thanks to a favorable schedule. Haven't beaten a good team yet.

So what is your grade for the Jets?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a bad year means Telesco is fired, I'm fine with it. I don't understand why they hired somebody who was part of the Colts front office to be their GM. When Manning got hurt we found out just how bad the Colts GM & scouting staff were. It's time for Spanos to clean house.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going with a C plus to this point.

Sounds a bit low, but "haven't beaten a good team yet" seems to apply to all teams.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns

Record: 2-7

> Last in the AFC North and actually last in the entire AFC

My Grade: F

I expected them to be bad and they have been. Best case scenario, I could have seen them maybe squeak out another 2-3 wins by this point in the season and be 4-5 or 5-4. With their remaining schedule, I could see them winning another 1-2 games...or none at all.

Most disappointing thing about this season has been their complete inability to run the football and their poor defense. They rank 2nd to last in rushing yards per game with a dismal 82 rushing ypg and only have 2 rushing tds on the season. On the flip side, they are the absolute worst in the NFL in run defense and near the bottom of the league in both total ypg and points per game defensively.

For a team that was going to struggle on offense and have to rely on a stout defense to keep them in games...its not been turning out as hoped/expected so far.

At this point, I only hope they don't fire every one of their coaches. Part of the franchise's problem has been incredible coaching turnover.
I truly feel for Browns fans.
Grading the last 10 years is it a grade of 10 F's?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give my Seahawks a C+... Defensive meltdown early on were baffling, but they appear to be cleaning things up as they go... I expected a rough start with this young O-line and tough schedule... But I didn't expect defensive meltdowns and lack of communication late in games ... That, I didn't see coming... I still feel confident this will be the #1 defense again by the end of the year... Were 2nd behind Denver right now in total defense
Boogie, I think you are pretty accurate on your view. I give the 1st half performance a C.
I expected a drop off by whoever was going to replace Maxwell and so far I got that.
I expected the OL to have difficulty and hopefully be an average OL by season's end. I think I am getting that but the early going was a little tougher sledding than I expected.
I thought Graham was going to be more involved in the O, but I truly care about the W much more than if he catches a pass so it is no big to me. Tyler Lockett has exceeded so it tends to even out.
It will be of notice to see Marshawns production in the remaining games.
One of Pete's mantra's is "It is not how you start but how you finish." That is what I count on this year especially.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grade: Incomplete

They have looked really good for stretches but have dropped two games they really had business losing. Couple that with the front half of the season being against some poor teams. I'm tbd on if they are for real this year.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas, injuries eliminate a true evaluation. Can't say what they could have been this season.
At least the loses were "close" loses.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers
Pass offense: Very good because of Rivers.
Run offense: Bad because of OL problems and fumbles.
Pass defense: Bad.
Run defense: :L
Special teams: They had 1 punt return yard going into yesterday's game, that says it all.
Coaching: Bad, all of it.
Owner: Asshole
GM: Could be better.

Grade: F as in Fire somebody!

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a bad year means Telesco is fired, I'm fine with it. I don't understand why they hired somebody who was part of the Colts front office to be their GM. When Manning got hurt we found out just how bad the Colts GM & scouting staff were. It's time for Spanos to clean house.
As long as cleaning house starts with selling the team to somebody who wants to keep them in SD.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only concerns I really have for the Bengals at this point: Rush defense can be vulnerable. Especially against cut-back RB's and offenses that use misdirection. Having Burfict helps though, since that is his specialty.

The passing defense gets a "pass" because they were up so big early in the year teams had to pass to get back into games. Numbers are going to be skewed a bit. I'd also like to see a few more stops and less bend/don't break. Against better teams, that's bound to spell trouble and this goes back to stopping the run early and forcing 3rd and longs.

Offensively, I guess it would be nice to get Hill going, but Gio has picked up the slack big time.

Can't complain about anything else, and going into week 10 they have no major injuries across the board, which is nearly unheard of.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C+ Have beat a lot of shabby teams. Offensive line overrated, total mismanagement of not moving Clay Matthews around, Eddie Lacy overweight and nonproductive. Missing Jordy Nelson, can't stretch the field. No tight end to be found anywhere. They have found hard and showed heart in their comeback attempt at Carolina. Exposed by a real good Denver defense on the road. Still lots of questions on both sides of the ball. I want to believe in Eddie Lacy is the answer but I don't. Offense needs improvement at tackle position.