• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eternals (2021)

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comic books are cultural.

News is historical.

They have comic books, so they know who Supes is.
I gotcha

so you are saying that Superman comics and the DC universe exists in the Marvel universe...but only as fictional characters

that's...interesting

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotcha

so you are saying that Superman comics and the DC universe exists in the Marvel universe...but only as fictional characters

that's...interesting
Star Wars movies exist.

Take this with a grain of salt. It doesn’t really change anything, and it is just a fun little throw away comment.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star Wars movies exist.

Take this with a grain of salt. It doesn’t really change anything, and it is just a fun little throw away comment.
Star Wars is also owned by Disney...

I forget he follows up with "should I just call you Clark" to Ikarus...

just weird to me, is all

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star Wars is also owned by Disney...

I forget he follows up with "should I just call you Clark" to Ikarus...

just weird to me, is all
I think they dropped some SW references before Disney bought it. Not 100% on that, though.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally watched this... It was ok. Largely didn't care for the cast or how the characters fit into the MCU but the story was entertaining.

To recap.. So these big iron-giant looking "celestials" create deviants to wipe out host planet predators so that a new created implant species can survive to fuel & give birth to their own celestial population. But the deviants turn on the implants & thus the eternals are created to protect them & eradicate the deviants & ensure these 'emergences' across the universe. Upon learning this tragic cycle the eternals revolts against their creator & stop the Earth celestial from emerging & killing the host planet. Which now I'm sure will pave way for lots of MCU tie-ins.

I did like how the movie added another layer to Thanos that we hadn't yet understood. But it presents a ton of questions... Like is Thanos an eternal or a Deviant? He didn't possess the same celestial power as an eternal, so I guess he was a form of a Deviant? But if Eros is his brother then why does he look like an Eternal? Also when Thanos was labeled a madman on Titan for suggesting he kill half the planet population to survive... Was that a planet of eternals? Or somethin else? If its another implant population then wouldn't he be defying another celestial doing that? There's a big chunk of story missing there.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally watched this... It was ok. Largely didn't care for the cast or how the characters fit into the MCU but the story was entertaining. I did like how it sorta added another layer to Thanos that we hadn't yet digested or understood. But it presents a ton of questions... Like is Thanos an eternal or a Deviant? He didn't possess the same power as an eternal, so I guess he was a form of a Deviant? But if Eros is his brother then why does he look like an Eternal? Also when Thanos was labeled a madman on Titan for suggesting he kill half the planet population to survive... Was that a planet of eternals? Or somethin else? There's a big chunk of story missing here.

thanos doesnt fit into the Deviant/Eternal story... kind of surprised the marvel universe is doing that... yes, he is supposed to be... but they have changed many other things to fit their stories...

i guess, they never claimed that thanos evolved, he just always was a powerful being... just like ikarus and thena and a few others...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen some explanations of this on YouTube that are kinda interesting.

Thanos was an Eternal who was deployed to Titan (with Eros?). He figured out the real plan, and like Ajak, he rebelled and decided to save Titan rather than let the planet die. His solution was to stop feeding the egg by killing half the population. His ultimate goal of killing half the population of the Galaxy was his bigger plan of defeating the Celestials completely.

They actually kinda retcon’d Thanos into a good guy.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen some explanations of this on YouTube that are kinda interesting.

Thanos was an Eternal who was deployed to Titan (with Eros?). He figured out the real plan, and like Ajak, he rebelled and decided to save Titan rather than let the planet die. His solution was to stop feeding the egg by killing half the population. His ultimate goal of killing half the population of the Galaxy was his bigger plan of defeating the Celestials completely.

They actually kinda retcon’d Thanos into a good guy.
That works pretty damn well. So if Thanos is an eternal then why doesn't he look like an eternal, and why doesn't he possess that celestial power like the other eternals? Did a celestial create him for another purpose that we don't know about? Or is he a deviant in disguise? After all, the deviants & eternals are created from the same "stuff" so I guess Eros being an eternal & brother sorta checks out?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That works pretty damn well. So if Thanos is an eternal then why doesn't he look like an eternal, and why doesn't he possess that celestial power like the other eternals? Did a celestial create him for another purpose that we don't know about? Or is he a deviant in disguise? After all, the deviants & eternals are created from the same "stuff" so I guess Eros being an eternal & brother sorta checks out?
Eternals are essentially organic robots. When they get deployed, they are given bodies that match the local population. Eros not looking like a Titan is more of a question. Maybe he was re-deployed after the destruction of Titan?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanos doesnt fit into the Deviant/Eternal story... kind of surprised the marvel universe is doing that... yes, he is supposed to be... but they have changed many other things to fit their stories...

i guess, they never claimed that thanos evolved, he just always was a powerful being... just like ikarus and thena and a few others...
Eternals aren't evolved though, right? They were created like machines. My guess is Thanos was specifically created this way or he was some sort of deviant mutation?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Eros and Titan being brothers is more akin to seal teams being each other’s brothers than an actual blood relation.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so with this, they get more into the Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer storylines, which should be interesting.

It's almost like they tried to get too big, too quickly with the original Fantastic Four/Silver Surfer attempts instead of bringing the audience along from the Avengers and up.

now they are introducing the multiverse and the galactic Marvel worlds...which will only get more and more confusing.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eternals aren't evolved though, right? They were created like machines. My guess is Thanos was specifically created this way or he was some sort of deviant mutation?

because of the deviants evolution, the eternals were created so they can not evolve... but i guess evolution and power depends on your weapons and armor too... if those can evolve, then why cant the eternals...

there is a lot of lazy writing IMO... why would thanos' brother be in human form... you would assume, that the eternals sent to a certain planet is what the indigenous people will look like... that is why the eternals sent to earth all looked like earthlings... unless this was just lazy makeup by the producers of this movie...

since titan never existed in the first place, it doesnt need to have indigenous people...

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because of the deviants evolution, the eternals were created so they can not evolve... but i guess evolution and power depends on your weapons and armor too... if those can evolve, then why cant the eternals...

there is a lot of lazy writing IMO... why would thanos' brother be in human form... you would assume, that the eternals sent to a certain planet is what the indigenous people will look like... that is why the eternals sent to earth all looked like earthlings... unless this was just lazy makeup by the producers of this movie...

since titan never existed in the first place, it doesnt need to have indigenous people...
the one Eternal literally evolves in this movie...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the one Eternal literally evolves in this movie...

yea... i was wondering if that was an evolution or just a tapped power of all the eternals/deviants... since the power is using other eternals/deviants as the power source..

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally watched this... It was ok. Largely didn't care for the cast or how the characters fit into the MCU but the story was entertaining.

To recap.. So these big iron-giant looking "celestials" create deviants to wipe out host planet predators so that a new created implant species can survive to fuel & give birth to their own celestial population. But the deviants turn on the implants & thus the eternals are created to protect them & eradicate the deviants & ensure these 'emergences' across the universe. Upon learning this tragic cycle the eternals revolts against their creator & stop the Earth celestial from emerging & killing the host planet. Which now I'm sure will pave way for lots of MCU tie-ins.

I did like how the movie added another layer to Thanos that we hadn't yet understood. But it presents a ton of questions... Like is Thanos an eternal or a Deviant? He didn't possess the same celestial power as an eternal, so I guess he was a form of a Deviant? But if Eros is his brother then why does he look like an Eternal? Also when Thanos was labeled a madman on Titan for suggesting he kill half the planet population to survive... Was that a planet of eternals? Or somethin else? If its another implant population then wouldn't he be defying another celestial doing that? There's a big chunk of story missing there.

Eternals are essentially organic robots. When they get deployed, they are given bodies that match the local population. Eros not looking like a Titan is more of a question. Maybe he was re-deployed after the destruction of Titan?

And Eros and Titan being brothers is more akin to seal teams being each other’s brothers than an actual blood relation.

In the comics:

- Titans are the Eternals who live on Titan. They look identical to humans.

- Thanos is a Titan Eternal with the Deviant gene. The Deviant gene is what gives him his unusual appearance.

- Thanos and Eros are actual biological (not adopted) brothers.

Everything we've seen so far in the MCU is consistent with those specific aspects of the comics above.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the comics:

- Titans are the Eternals who live on Titan. They look identical to humans.

- Thanos is an Titan Eternal with the Deviant gene. The Deviant gene is what gives him his unusual appearance.

- Thanos and Eros are actual biological (not adopted) brothers.

Everything we've seen so far in the MCU is consistent with those specific aspects of the comics above.
But Eternals are not organics in the sense that they do not get made during “Whoopie-time”. How can they be brothers?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Eternals are not organics in the sense that they do not get made during “Whoopie-time”. How can they be brothers?
Created by Jim Starling for 1973’s The Invincible Iron Man #55, Eros and Thanos are the sons of Sui-San and A’Lars, two important Eternals from Titan. Thanos, however, drew the shorter stick and inherited the Deviant gene, still diluted in the Eternals and capable of emerging from time to time. That’s why Thanos looks like a giant purple guy; Thanos’ Deviant gene deformed his appearance. On the other hand, Eros looks like a regular human, just like other Eternals, because they belong to the same evolutionary path.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

have they ever said that they cant reproduce?? it was just that they were created without reproducing...