• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN poster check

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the rest of the new guys here on the Philly pages, here is some info for all of you.

Welcome to the Phillypages. I am one of the mods. If you have any questions you know where to find me. Many of us came from the SeeBS pages so we all know the refugee routine. There is plenty here for your enjoyment.

Once you get past the 25 post mark in posts, additional benefits are available to you and they will be found under the "UserCP" menu bar at the top of this page on the left.

Here are a few rules that are non-negotiable and they are as follows.

We don't take kindly to trollin (which I am sure none you are) and we don't like a-holes either (of which I am sure none of you are). Nudity in avitars is unacceptable. You can put scantly clad ladies in your avi's but no nudes.

Any unnecessary and unwarranted baiting of other posters through viscous personal attacks that become a pattern of behavior that is not conducive to fair sports talk banter WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. We have a few cantankerous folks here but by and large they engage in passionate delivery of their points of view and do not engage in personal attacks that are viscous.

You can argue all you want and you can can get aggressive with your point of view including swearing, but when that aggression turns toward personal attacks that are excessive and outside of the topic at hand and become a consistent pattern of behavior, you will first receive a warning and your posts maybe edited. After the first warning, if the behavior continues you will be removed from this site. We're are all adults here. I am not in the business of baby sitting anyone.

Also, this rule is SportsHoopla wide, Alt's are not tolerated either. First offense, banishment. Hammer Down doesn't tolerate this AT ALL and neither do I.

Now that everyone is clear, and I am done being a hard ass, once again, welcome to the Philly pages, enjoy yourself, and jump right in on discussing our beloved Phillies as most of you already have.

The rules look good to me but a quick question. What are "Alt's" ?

Also, I kind of like trolls as long as they are not completely filling the board with millions of meaningless threads. Can't you let a couple thru now and then?

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to worry about trolling, personal attacks or me being overly aggressive on here. The reason I joined here is because I heard how you guys don't allow that. I used to be like that and got tired of it and just don't want to deal with that shit anymore.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cedrique. Alt's are multiple handles (posting names with your avi plate) and accounts here on SportsHoopla and they are absolutely forbidden. You open up that can of worms, you'll have the ESPN BS in a heartbeat. Trolling is also frowned upon as well and the same could probably apply here too but that is a question better directed at Fordman84 or Powerchord86.

I know over on the Rampages where I am a Mod, we don't tolerate them because they become a real pain in the ass. So I, along with the other mods, simply don't tolerate them. Again, see what Fordman and Powerchord think. You can send them a Personal Message (PM) or post here on thread for all to see.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also, I kind of like trolls as long as they are not completely filling the board with millions of meaningless threads. Can't you let a couple thru now and then?
I agree with Ced, trolls provide entertainment. I need to call someone a tard or an asshat at least twice a week.

unblowupable5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's always the dog. Mine has come to view it as terms of endearment!

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cedrique. Alt's are multiple handles (posting names with your avi plate) and accounts here on SportsHoopla and they are absolutely forbidden. You open up that can of worms, you'll have the ESPN BS in a heartbeat. Trolling is also frowned upon as well and the same could probably apply here too but that is a question better directed at Fordman84 or Powerchord86.

I know over on the Rampages where I am a Mod, we don't tolerate them because they become a real pain in the ass. So I, along with the other mods, simply don't tolerate them. Again, see what Fordman and Powerchord think. You can send them a Personal Message (PM) or post here on thread for all to see.

Ok, the multiple handles certainly won't be an issue with me because I don't think I would be able to keep track of more than one name anyway. And I understand your position on trolls and I can live with it. I guess that's the one thing I will miss from the ESPN boards. Recently the trolls that came to the Phillies board were pretty annoying, but in the glory days a couple years ago there were lots of great arguments with Braves fans, many years ago with Mets fans, a memorable few days with Giants fans and when the Nationals actually got off to a good first few months after being moved to DC a favorite thread of mine started by a Nats fan asking "what happened to the Phillies Vonted Bullpen?" Some were valid discussions, but I'm just afraid that if that had happened here, some may have been viewed as trolling and stopped before they became interesting.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Cedrique. You are allowed to get into arguments but when you step into the Troll zone or someone decides to Troll on this site, you and they will probably here from Powerchord and Fordman. There are arguments here that can get fairly aggressive but when it steps over the line, then people step in. So, yea, we are not ESPN but the SportsHoopla and I think you'll find this site to your liking and its inclusion of the many personalities that frequent these pages.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refugee from ESPN boards checking in. Didn't really post much on those boards, but I'll try to be more active on these ones.
Book it, Slam it, Rub it down.

humbaba747

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I hadn't been getting around to the Phillies ESPN board much recently, but did they seriously shut down those "robust" forums they were going on about for so long?!

Idiots...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both PhilliesRams and humbaba747. Welcome. Go to posts 31 or 61 on this thread. There is some info for you folks. Your mods here on the Philliespages are Fordman84 and Powerchord86. PhilliesRams, check out our Ramspages here on SportsHoopla. I am one of the mods over there. We love to have you stop by. Welcome again guys and enjoy the best damn Sportstalk site on the freakin web!!!

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know I hadn't been getting around to the Phillies ESPN board much recently, but did they seriously shut down those "robust" forums they were going on about for so long?!

Idiots...

The robustness was too much to handle.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they've already lost so much traffic, it's crazy. all their headline stories now have like 100-300 comments instead of 2500-5000+. i know a decent percentage were trolling and assholish posts.. but still, it was funny most of the time and they always had people coming back.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm glad to see so many ESPN posters have come over to SportsHoopla. This format is refreshing and may reinvigorate the discussions. The Phils are 10-4 in July. Two tough series with STL and DET coming up. Hoping we can go at least 16-8 this month!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey jvett77. IS that a 57 Ford Crown Vic in your avi?? I agree. It looks as though the Phils are beginning to catch fire. The St Louis and Detroit series will be good indicators of whether this development is genuine or just the usual win-one, lose-one Phillies we have witnessed all season.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro: Yes, it's the '57 Crown Vic, one of my favorite classics. If only I were the owner. I really believe the Phillies can play .600 the rest of the season.