• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN Insider Offseason Priorities: St. Louis Rams

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine the St. Louis Rams with a quality quarterback. Few teams can match the young talent presently on the Rams' roster, and most of those young players are only going to get better. The only thing missing is a QB who can win the close games the team is always in because of its wealth of talent across the roster.

That's where we begin our look at the top offseason priorities for St. Louis:

1. Bring back Bradford

Sam Bradford will cost nearly $17 million against the cap if he's on the roster next season, so it's certainly possible the team will decide he's too expensive to keep around. However, when you look around the league, how many potential upgrades are there, especially if he is able to stay healthy? He still has the tools and upside he possessed as the No. 1 overall pick; it's just he can't be trusted to stay on the field.

He shouldn't be the Rams' only option at QB in 2015, but it might be worthwhile to give him one last shot in the final year of his contract.

2. But don't trust Bradford

The Rams should bring back Shaun Hill as an insurance policy, regardless of their decision on Bradford, but they shouldn't stop there. They should see if one of the teams with the top pick in the draft would be open to a trade to land the Rams one of the draft's top two QB prospects: Oregon's Marcus Mariota and Florida State's Jameis Winston.

If a blockbuster trade such as that -- similar to the 2012 trade that landed the Redskins Robert Griffin III and the Rams a wealth of draft picks -- isn't feasible, the Rams should look for a high-upside developmental prospect at QB in one of the early rounds.

3. Add to the offensive line

Left tackle Jake Long could be gone after this season, as could Davin Joseph. The Rams should look to retain Joseph Barksdale, who is a free agent, and need to hope 2014 No. 2 overall pick Greg Robinson plays up to his talent level in his second season after struggling mightily -- particularly at left tackle -- in his rookie year.

St. Louis should also look to add two more capable bodies to this offensive line.

4. Pick up another cornerback

Given defensive coordinator Gregg Williams' blitz-happy tendencies, Rams CBs are often left in one-on-one positions. The Rams have some promising young talent at corner, particularly Janoris Jenkins, but you can't have too many quality corners in today's NFL. Adding an early-round rookie here or finding a mid-range veteran free agent would be a smart move.

Offseason fixes for the St. Louis Rams - NFL - ESPN
By Matt Williamson

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine the St. Louis Rams with a quality quarterback. Few teams can match the young talent presently on the Rams' roster, and most of those young players are only going to get better. The only thing missing is a QB who can win the close games the team is always in because of its wealth of talent across the roster.

That's where we begin our look at the top offseason priorities for St. Louis:

1. Bring back Bradford

Sam Bradford will cost nearly $17 million against the cap if he's on the roster next season, so it's certainly possible the team will decide he's too expensive to keep around. However, when you look around the league, how many potential upgrades are there, especially if he is able to stay healthy? He still has the tools and upside he possessed as the No. 1 overall pick; it's just he can't be trusted to stay on the field.

He shouldn't be the Rams' only option at QB in 2015, but it might be worthwhile to give him one last shot in the final year of his contract.

2. But don't trust Bradford

The Rams should bring back Shaun Hill as an insurance policy, regardless of their decision on Bradford, but they shouldn't stop there. They should see if one of the teams with the top pick in the draft would be open to a trade to land the Rams one of the draft's top two QB prospects: Oregon's Marcus Mariota and Florida State's Jameis Winston.

If a blockbuster trade such as that -- similar to the 2012 trade that landed the Redskins Robert Griffin III and the Rams a wealth of draft picks -- isn't feasible, the Rams should look for a high-upside developmental prospect at QB in one of the early rounds.

3. Add to the offensive line

Left tackle Jake Long could be gone after this season, as could Davin Joseph. The Rams should look to retain Joseph Barksdale, who is a free agent, and need to hope 2014 No. 2 overall pick Greg Robinson plays up to his talent level in his second season after struggling mightily -- particularly at left tackle -- in his rookie year.

St. Louis should also look to add two more capable bodies to this offensive line.

4. Pick up another cornerback

Given defensive coordinator Gregg Williams' blitz-happy tendencies, Rams CBs are often left in one-on-one positions. The Rams have some promising young talent at corner, particularly Janoris Jenkins, but you can't have too many quality corners in today's NFL. Adding an early-round rookie here or finding a mid-range veteran free agent would be a smart move.

Offseason fixes for the St. Louis Rams - NFL - ESPN
By Matt Williamson

have you seen much of Scherff? do you think he can play tackle in the NFL or would he better to plug in at guard?

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have you seen much of Scherff? do you think he can play tackle in the NFL or would he better to plug in at guard?

Oh no, he will play RT from the jump, and can do it without a problem. Dude is massive but technically sound.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh no, he will play RT from the jump, and can do it without a problem. Dude is massive but technically sound.

I've seen some project him as a great guard. kinda like Saffold i guess. but nice he can play either.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really liking Dismukes and the Wisconsin RB Gordon. Two beasts.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Scherff being a good tackle right away. I can see him at guard as well. He had a few games where he didn't do too good (vs. Maryland, vs. Minnesota) but he was recovering from an injury.

His biggest thing is his strength. He is very strong. As you probably already know, he did 443 lbs in the hang clean 3x. You can find that on Youtube. It was semi-viral this past summer. He did a good job using it on the field as well.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should The Rams Trade Up For MM??

-

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap! just you tubed his highlights. Very nice that is what the rams need. physical nastiness. That was awesome.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still has the tools and upside he possessed as the No. 1 overall pick
Thats funny. I haven't seen any evidence to support this claim

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring back Bradford (who you can't trust :lol:) who is worse now than he was his junior year at OK and trade the farm for Marriota.

Brilliant. Let's be the worst team for the next 20 Years instead of 10.

If we keep drafting on D the way we have been, we will have the a great defense in 1-2 years. Keep getting RBs later and get an Olineman or 2. Grab a QB where one falls to us and we find value. Whether it's Jameis at #10 or Hundley or Petty at #42.

That's a plan. Bradford = insanity. That's the same fucking plan we've had for 5 years.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic example of the definition of insanity. Keep doing the same thing(s) and expecting different results.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what my shrink told me! :lol:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to continue adding to our defense (LB,CB) and build our o-line! Develop a POWER RUN GAME! Hell then even I could be qb!

Disreguard what coug says! ........I think he is a female! :scratch:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring back Bradford (who you can't trust :lol:) who is worse now than he was his junior year at OK and trade the farm for Marriota.

Brilliant. Let's be the worst team for the next 20 Years instead of 10.

If we keep drafting on D the way we have been, we will have the a great defense in 1-2 years. Keep getting RBs later and get an Olineman or 2. Grab a QB where one falls to us and we find value. Whether it's Jameis at #10 or Hundley or Petty at #42.

That's a plan. Bradford = insanity. That's the same fucking plan we've had for 5 years.

Umm I didn't say bring back Sam and I sure the hell didn't say trade the farm for MM?? Fools.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentleman. Reserve the name-calling for the vent thread. You are not there with this thread. Cut it out.