• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric Ebron 2015

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Detroit Free Press' Dave Birkett observes that drops are "still an issue" for Eric Ebron at OTAs.

Take nuggets from offseason workouts with a grain of salt, but this one is noteworthy nonetheless. Ebron only caught 54.3 percent of his targets as a rookie and dropped four of the 29 "catchable" balls that came his way. His 13.79 percent drop rate was sixth-highest among tight ends who played 25 percent of their team's snaps. Ebrawny's hands were a big question mark coming out of UNC.
Source: Dave Birkett on Twitter

June 1. That was written even before minicamp started. He did well the last few days of camp according to everyone. He had a decent camp overall outside of early on the first day. Go back and view the thread if you have any questions.

Lets at least wait until pre season before we lose our patience

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is nothing new. We knew he didn't have good hands to begin with. I'd just be happy to see him get any type of separation on vertical routes. If we see that from him this year -- I'd be happy with his progress.

If he has less than 10 ypc again -- it will be depressing, as Pettigrew can do that.

Exactly. And he worked on his fitness so if he cant do it this year then he most likely never will. I think we will at least see him get open. Hopefully he can improve his hands a bit too.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
June 1. That was written even before minicamp started. He did well the last few days of camp according to everyone. He had a decent camp overall outside of early on the first day. Go back and view the thread if you have any questions.

"You guys go ahead. It's too late for me. I'll try to hold them off. Now go on! Get out of here!!"

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that matters is last year. Is he fully healed? Probably never. He has knee issues, hand issues, ankle issues etc...He's taken a lot of punishment during his career. I have all the respect in the world for him, but he's not getting any younger.

I agree -- he has a lot of miles. What he hasn't had is a lot of major injuries. The last 2 years -- it was high ankle sprains, which is bad luck, more than it is wear and tear on the body. He had surgery on his hand and hasn't had any issues since. Same with the knee and it wasn't a major knee surgery either.

No one in the NFL is ever without bumps and bruises. It is the nature of the game. It is the major injuries that shorten a career though -- neck, back, ACL, MCL tear, etc. and what breaks down a player's body.

I guess we shall see with him going forward. I'm more worried about him slowing down than breaking down. Age is the one thing a doctor can't fix. I think he still has a handful of years being at the top of the game.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know. But my question is: if he had drop issues at NC, did the Lions think they could coach him up and fix if? And if so, what went wrong in year 1? What adjustments are being made in year 2 to help avoid another drop filled season?

Top 10 pick man. He should be elite starting this year.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. But my question is: if he had drop issues at NC, did the Lions think they could coach him up and fix if? And if so, what went wrong in year 1? What adjustments are being made in year 2 to help avoid another drop filled season?

Top 10 pick man. He should be elite starting this year.

I have not heard of anything being done to fix the drops. I know he is in better condition so he should be getting open more and he knows the offense better so he will be used more and should see deeper routes. Not sure the drop rate will improve though. We may have to live with it. Maybe something will come out by camp as what will be done about it. Even so, if he is ripping off a couple 20+ yard plays a game then the drops are not as big a deal. 1 drop every other game would be tolerable.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you want us to do a complete about-face from our normal behavior?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too funny. Captures the Masshole mentality.

"He's won 3 superbowls! 6 if you count the losses!"

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not heard of anything being done to fix the drops.

Some guys are blessed with great hands. Some guys aren't. Running routes with Stafford will help, but nothing can emulate real game action. Unfortunately -- drops aren't like fumbles, where you can carry the ball different and protect the ball more -- so it is something Ebron will deal with.

As OL said -- if he'd give us a down field threat where he is making big plays -- the drops aren't as hard to take. When you average less than 10 YPC and you have drop issues, then he is no different than Pettigrew, with the exception he isn't good at blocking.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a thread for smilies.

I posted three pics of Millen on that thread. That picture of him smiling with the thumbs up would work too. I'm surprised SportsHoopla wouldn't think to of made one of him randomly anyways. Worst GM of all time could be used for many different replies.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted three pics of Millen on that thread. That picture of him smiling with the thumbs up would work too. I'm surprised SportsHoopla wouldn't think to of made one of him randomly anyways. Worst GM of all time could be used for many different replies.
We do need one.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
matt-millen-rod-marinelli_pg_600.jpg

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not heard of anything being done to fix the drops. I know he is in better condition so he should be getting open more and he knows the offense better so he will be used more and should see deeper routes. Not sure the drop rate will improve though. We may have to live with it. Maybe something will come out by camp as what will be done about it. Even so, if he is ripping off a couple 20+ yard plays a game then the drops are not as big a deal. 1 drop every other game would be tolerable.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Millen: I know you've only ever been an D-line coach before but I think you can lead our entire team.

Moronelli: With a small and fast defense, coupled with pounding the rock. No way we can lose.