• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric Ebron 2015

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Debo,

To me, the writer in that article exaggerated what Ebron actually said. Looks like someone asked him a question and he just responded with a "maybe it will happen that way."

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you guys will ever do is have all these personal standards that Ebron will have to live up to anyway. Most of you will always compare him to what Odell does and thats dumb. Instead, he should just be judged by how he helps the Lions win and is he actually a good player and showing signs of progress. He wont catch 100 passes for 1,500 yards and 15 tds.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, looks like Swarm got his sensitive little feelers hurt and rounded up the same few guys that always come to his defense...

Funny shit right there!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Low expectations.

You guys have them. That's why you love Mayhew, why you're happy with never beating good teams, and content with Ebron looking like a bust so far.

The majority of Lions fans (not just here) expect better than what you two are satisfied with.

Ebron is a top 10 pick. He should be putting up Gronk numbers. Anything less and he won't live up to his draft slot.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many weapons on the team for him to get those type of stats.

More excuses. You'll never hear a Patriots fan talk scared like this. Never heard a Jimmy Graham fan afraid to expect greatness.

75-90 catches over 1000 and double digit TDs in 2015 or bust for Ebron.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Low expectations.

You guys have them. That's why you love Mayhew, why you're happy with never beating good teams, and content with Ebron looking like a bust so far.

The majority of Lions fans (not just here) expect better than what you two are satisfied with.

Ebron is a top 10 pick. He should be putting up Gronk numbers. Anything less and he won't live up to his draft slot.
:violin:

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he became a mediocre blocker and scores 8 or more touchdowns i'd still hate the pick because it wasn't even close to a need or value, but i'd be happy with the progress Ebron is making

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donald was my guy all along, but ultimately we should have listened to Dr Evil-er and drafted Zach Martin...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donald was my guy all along, but ultimately we should have listened to Dr Evil-er and drafted Zach Martin...

Sounds familiar...

And yes, I know, Ebron was a horrible pick at number 10. No need to hash that out, I completely agree.

If we had listened to Dr. Eviler and drafted Zach Martin, we'd be in much better shape on the O-line. My guy, Aaron Donald is doing pretty well, too. Lot's of guys liked Kyle Fuller, he'd be pretty great to have in the slot right now. If we wanted a pass catcher Beckham Jr. or Benjamin look like they're better options so far. Lots of better picks we could have made, imo. I do like TE's, though, so I'm over it.

So that's settled, please don't try to weave it into your rebuttal. We're in agreement on the miss-use of that pick. Moving on.

TP agrees. Ebron was a horrible pick at 10 by Mayhew. Finally, we can move on.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible pick? No. I may have been pretty angry post draft and ranted, but overall I do not agree with your statement (nice try, though, I know you secretly crave that vindication). The wrong pick? In hindsight, yes. There were more obvious guys we should have taken, imo. Still doesn't make it a horrible pick. If Ebron develops into an impact TE then it was far from a horrible pick.

As of right now it's looking like Martin, Donald, and OBJ would have all been much better picks, but it may be a different story altogether 3 years down the road. If in doubt, build the trenches, imo, so as long as Donald and Martin continue to play like they did as rookies I don't think anyone will ever convince me that one of those two should not have been the pick. OBJ, however, plays at a position we were well-stocked at, so I can see passing on him. It appears he may have been the generational talent type player worthy of the selection anyhow, but that's also with the benefit of hindsight.

Big difference, imo, between being the wrong pick and a horrible pick...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron was a horrible pick at number 10.

So that's settled, We're in agreement. Moving on.

Horrible pick? No.

It's official. You've now argued with every poster on the board, including your own self.

pzUy6Pp.gif

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, it was post-draft, and I was pissed about the pick and venting. You do that shit all the time and then apologize and tell us you were in your "dark place."

I'm curious how many hours you've spent these last couple days looking back through old 'Hoop posts to find shit I posted a long-ass time ago. There's some time you'll never get back that would have been better spent doing pretty much anything else at all...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, it was post-draft, and I was pissed about the pick and venting.

Good. Now let everyone else still pissed about the pick vent without it bothering you.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You basically just said it was because of the offense. What does that tell you if Pettigrew didnt run a lot of routes? They didnt allow him to. I still havent seen reason enough that suggests Ebron shouldve had big numbers. He fought injuries, the learning curve and seemed to take the NFL for granted as he stated.

It tells me he was needed to help with the blocking, as the OL struggled last year and the TE who was given the routes to run Pettigrew used to run was Ebron.

And I said from day 1 -- there was no chance for Ebron to put up big numbers, when he was going to be, at best, the 3rd option and more likely, the 4th option. It is exactly why I hated the pick. They could have drafted a stud at a position of need. They could have drafted a stud to replace one of the DL they knew they were going to lose this year. Hell -- in one of the best drafts ever for WR's -- they could have just drafted a #3 WR.

By the time Ebron would move up with the chance to be a #2 option and where he will see the looks to even put up top 15 stats for a TE -- he will be done with his cheap rookie contract.

I know everyone says I hate Ebron, but I have said repeatedly -- put him on a team with the need for a #2 option in the passing game and he'd be a solid player, I think. In Detroit, he will get the scraps left over.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being that we have other guys that will eat up some opportunities, he probably cant put up outrageous numbers that you may be thinking of. Im talking about something reasonable. He needs to hit 50-60 catches on the year and thats because Im assuming that Pettigrew will at least get near 30 or 40 and Abdullah, Riddick and Bell will get some too.

He should have no less than 7 tds on the season. I'll keep it that low because of the other options also. He should have 600-700 yards on the year and maybe a little more since he can run.

Being consistent and impactful means that he makes a difference on offense and he's executing like he is supposed to. He should be a factor and it should be obvious that he's part of the game plans.

If you want to say 60 catches 700 yards and 7 tds -- I'd take that bet immediately.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
60 catches 700 yards and 7 tds

Those would be absolutely pathetic numbers for a top 10 pick. Especially with what OBJ did his rookie year, and what Jimmy Graham did in year 2 in the same offense.

Fauria caught 7 TD's his rookie year for Pete's sake and he wasn't even drafted.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those would be absolutely pathetic numbers for a top 10 pick. Especially with what OBJ did his rookie year, and what Jimmy Graham did in year 2 in the same offense.

Fauria caught 7 TD's his rookie year for Pete's sake and he wasn't even drafted.

What OBJ did has no bearing on Ebron. Ebron will NEVER see the targets OBJ had come his way with Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate on the team. Same with Graham's situation.

OBJ and Graham were the #1 targets for their team, well OBJ was once Cruz went down for the year. It is also why I will make that bet with Lionstop in a heart beat. IMO, touchdowns are neither here nor there. It is possible he could have 2 or he could have 10. I don't see 7 from him until Fauria isn't around anymore, as he will eat at his red zone opportunities for the TE position.

Anyone thinking they are going to see 1000 yards and 10+ touchdowns from Ebron is going to be extremely disappointed.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What OBJ did has no bearing on Ebron.

Those are his personal goals. I don't think he does it either.

As far as catches, he's expected to get 90 targets, which means he should end up with about 60 or so grabs if he plays well. If he really is a play maker, and they target him all over the field, he should push 1000. And he should push dd TD's.

Calvin probably won't play all 16 games, that's just the reality of things. There are gonna be a couple games where Ebron will be expected to carry the passing game.