• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ereck Flowers

Do the Lions have any real shot at drafting this guy?

• No shot in hell... Top Ten Pick

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Dante's purgatory... 10-20 pick

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Sooooo you're saying there's a chance? 20-30 pick

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
34.5" arms and 37 reps is impressive. Watched a couple games of his and he looks pretty damn solid in pass protection. So-so as a run blocker and in space. 37 reps is beast though.

For comps.
La'El Collins- 33.25 arms and 21 on the bench
Scherff- 33.5 and 23 on the bench.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a monster, and supposed to be pretty athletic for his size, too.

I certainly wouldn't be upset if he was our 1st round pick.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a monster, and supposed to be pretty athletic for his size, too.

I certainly wouldn't be upset if he was our 1st round pick.

Yeah he's definitely a monster T-paul. Sounds crazy but I'd immediately kick him out to LT and move Reiff into LG.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he's definitely a monster T-paul. Sounds crazy but I'd immediately kick him out to LT and move Reiff into LG.

He is the only one in the draft I see us doing that for. I am sort of disappointed with the OL in this draft class. Cant say I have looked at all the smaller scoll players though.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Reif would bump to RT. I don't see him moving inside before he gets a lot of mileage.

But I definitely see him moving to RT at some point. (Feel like Im just repeating myself from the grading thread.)

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give Flowers a year at RT first before immediately putting him at LT. Reiff isn't spectacular there, but he's pretty damn good. Go with the sure thing for another year and then let Flowers compete for the spot next season, imo...

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Waddle may end up at LT. I read an article today that stated he was a Left Hander and LT comes more natural for him. That could bump Reiff to the right side. Only if Waddle can handle the faster Des.

This draft I am pretty much open for the best player available, unless it's a TE. I get the Lions will have a need at DT and am fine but I could see the Lions going in any number of ways depending how free agency plays out.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Reif would bump to RT. I don't see him moving inside before he gets a lot of mileage.

But I definitely see him moving to RT at some point. (Feel like Im just repeating myself from the grading thread.)

Lions GM Martin Mayhew said OT Riley Reiff is not "locked in" at left tackle.

"We’ll see how the offseason goes," Mayhew said. "I wouldn’t say he’s locked in at left, he could probably play right, too." Reiff has held his own at left tackle the last two seasons, but he fared much better at right tackle in 2012. Detroit could turn to in-house options Cornelius Lucas or LaAdrian Waddle at left tackle, or try to upgrade in free agency or the draft. No matter what happens, Reiff will be starting somewhere along the Lions' offensive line in 2015.

Source: Detroit News

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give Flowers a year at RT first before immediately putting him at LT. Reiff isn't spectacular there, but he's pretty damn good. Go with the sure thing for another year and then let Flowers compete for the spot next season, imo...

Why not just let them compete right away and let the best man win? Pete Carroll style

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Waddle may end up at LT. I read an article today that stated he was a Left Hander and LT comes more natural for him. That could bump Reiff to the right side. Only if Waddle can handle the faster Des.

This draft I am pretty much open for the best player available, unless it's a TE. I get the Lions will have a need at DT and am fine but I could see the Lions going in any number of ways depending how free agency plays out.

I wouldn't against it if we could get a longer look at him. He plays well but the injuries don't give us a great amount of time to judge him. Seems like he's good but only played a half year his rookie season and maybe a half year last.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't against it if we could get a longer look at him. He plays well but the injuries don't give us a great amount of time to judge him. Seems like he's good but only played a half year his rookie season and maybe a half year last.

Makes you wonder where he would go in a redraft.

If he can stay healthy it would help immensely. Not sure if he has the quicks to play LT but they said Reiff had to short of arms to play tackle. I don't see the Lions getting a top OL at 23 they tend to get picked up quickly.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love the lions drafting a rt and putting reiff at rt. rt was one of their biggest problem areas last season and reiff would be perfect there.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions GM Martin Mayhew said OT Riley Reiff is not "locked in" at left tackle.

"We’ll see how the offseason goes," Mayhew said. "I wouldn’t say he’s locked in at left, he could probably play right, too." Reiff has held his own at left tackle the last two seasons, but he fared much better at right tackle in 2012. Detroit could turn to in-house options Cornelius Lucas or LaAdrian Waddle at left tackle, or try to upgrade in free agency or the draft. No matter what happens, Reiff will be starting somewhere along the Lions' offensive line in 2015.

Source: Detroit News

It's good to see Mayhew make some sense. :rollseyes:

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good to see Mayhew make some sense. :rollseyes:

Scary. Exactly what I was saying a month ago too. I like what I saw from Lucas at LT for the short time he played. I can only imagine after an entire training camp now what he could be capable of. If he takes a step forward this year it would be huge for us.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meant to say drafting a lt

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scary. Exactly what I was saying a month ago too. I like what I saw from Lucas at LT for the short time he played. I can only imagine after an entire training camp now what he could be capable of. If he takes a step forward this year it would be huge for us.
If Lucas was tabbed at LT and Reif moved to RT and we see either a LG or a C drafted, it's one crazy young line. That that step up from Lucas would definitely be huge for us. Can't be many starting LT's that went undrafted.

I have no issue with Reif staying at LT, just think he could be better as a RT. I love that he's so versatile. I wouldn't be against him being a gaurd prior to age pushing him inside. But there would have to be talent falling in our lap in the draft some year for me to see it happening.