• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

End of the Luke Walton Era?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to turn the sound down whenever I wanted to watch a game that he was working.

Now, as long as I've smoked a bowl, I like when he is working a game.

Sometimes, you can tell that the guy calling the game with him gets a little irritated with some of the "detours" that Walton takes during the game. lol

Walton's the only CBB announcer I can think of ever that could go from breaking down a play to talking about the Grateful Dead in the same rant.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walton's the only CBB announcer I can think of ever that could go from breaking down a play to talking about the Grateful Dead in the same rant.

And somehow tie it all together (sometimes very loosely) at the end. lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And somehow tie it all together (sometimes very loosely) at the end. lol

I'm surprised he doesn't have a story about him & Jerry Garcia playing h-o-r-s-e back in the day.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I get home, I'll try to remember to ask him and the PM you the instructions. You may have to remind me though, there's at least a 50% chance I'll forget. lol

That would be great, thanks.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly....there were DEF. role players out there to be had that fit better

and while selling "Lakers and LA weather, playing with LeBron, etc.

I mean i have seen a shit ton of role players come to CLEVELAND for LeBron.

I just dont know if i buy the--- well we tried to sign Jeff Green but he just wanted to play for that vet. min deal on the Wizards REALLY BAD instead of playing in LA with LeBron. LOL
Yes and no - because until LeBron was injured - the Lakers were in the top four teams in the west - I would have been quite happy with a top four seeding all things considered - so if the front office did such an AWFUL JOB as some of you claim - then even without those injuries - the Lakers wouldn't have been a contender. Part of the Lakers problem last year was the players need to for a good fit were not available until this summer - and LeBron knew that - he wasn't expecting to win this year. The big question now is can the Lakers get one super-star in a free agent signing.

Now there were some mistakes

Luke Walton wanted Magic Johnson to sign Julius Randle and Brook Lopez - that would have been sweet for the Lakers and the right move.

The attempt to trade for Anthony Davis was huge mistake - Magic Johnson was the victim of cat fishing by the Pelicians who got what they wanted - they got total chaos in the Lakers and disrupted everything.

The first mistake, however was signing LeBron, a then 33 year old player past his prime and with a lot of miles on a body ready to start falling apart. Was he worth signing? Yes, but 37 million for a player that old was way too much