• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Elway

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about a 2nd Manning?? Word is that Eli will be a free agent come March. That's a guy who can beat the Patriots..........................

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about a 2nd Manning?? Word is that Eli will be a free agent come March. That's a guy who can beat the Patriots..........................
Possible.

I tend to lean that he won’t want to follow in Peyton’s path.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't hate it but that's a very short term fix. I'd rather take a swing at Cousins, Keenum, Alex Smith, etc. I don't think there's a doubt that Denver will take a QB in the draft as well.

I think you're right about the team (or the fans) not being good at losing. The Broncos are generally a competitive and winning organization and losing just isn't in the DNA at Dove Valley. We'll see how quickly Elway can get the Broncos back to relevance.

I hate years like this. On the one hand, I can't wait for this losing season to be over but on the other hand, I hate the dark days of no meaningful Broncos football. It's a lose/lose year.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My least favorite scenario is the bridge QB and draft pick
Would rather my money went to a big splash QB or top drafted QB who plays day 1

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of Eli coming to Denver.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My least favorite scenario is the bridge QB and draft pick
Would rather my money went to a big splash QB or top drafted QB who plays day 1

I"m with you here. I think a rookie high draft QB needs to play. Yes he might not be the best option, but sitting him on the bench doesn't exactly help his growth in my opinion. I didn't mind what they were doing with Brock Osweiler as he was a nice backup to a HOF QB as we competed for Super Bowls. Keeping Lynch behind a 7th round QB though did nothing for him and for the team knowing what Lynch could be. Yes he could be right where he is now with the team ready to move on but just feels like this and last season were a complete waste of time. So either commit to a high draft pick QB or move forward with Cousins. No more of this trying to do both the veteran and rookie path at the same time.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem sitting a rookie high pick for a year/half a year not feeding him to the wolves, but it really depends on what is in front of him. I don't want him sitting behind Geno Smith.

Ideally it would be awesome to have him sit behind a guy like a Peyton Manning, but if he is the best QB on the roster then you play him.

In a perfect world you would have Aaron Rodgers sitting behind Favre, but that type of situation doesn't fall off the apple tree on a regular basis.

Really depends on how quickly the QB progresses though. Really hard to say as it is on a case by case situation.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem sitting a rookie high pick for a year/half a year not feeding him to the wolves, but it really depends on what is in front of him. I don't want him sitting behind Geno Smith.

Ideally it would be awesome to have him sit behind a guy like a Peyton Manning, but if he is the best QB on the roster then you play him.

In a perfect world you would have Aaron Rodgers sitting behind Favre, but that type of situation doesn't fall off the apple tree on a regular basis.

Really depends on how quickly the QB progresses though. Really hard to say as it is on a case by case situation.

Or Rivers behind Brees. Paxton would've benefited being the Brock 4 years ago where he studied under Peyton, you can't really learn much siting behind Siemian.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not being a jerk........How much cap space will the Broncos have to attract a QB? How's the team FA situation?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not being a jerk........How much cap space will the Broncos have to attract a QB? How's the team FA situation?

Right now they will have about $10-11 million in carryover from this year. Depending on how much the cap goes up they will have an additional about $30 million in cap space to add to that. Good chance that CJ Anderson, Menalik Watson, and Emmanuel Sanders are gone opening up another about $15 million in cap space. Not quite sure what is going to happen with Aqib Talib and Demaryius Thomas. From what I understand both have been talked to about a restructure and hearing at least one of them for sure will be on board with that. So could open up another maybe $10 million in cap space if needed.

So cap space wise Broncos are in pretty good shape. Not best in the league like 49ers and Browns kind of thing but will probably by the time FA rolls around be top-10 in cap space available. So signing Cousins won't be that difficult. Honestly if they shape his contract like they did Von Miller (good chance they do) his first year Cap hit will be in the $17-18 million range. So they don't even have to cut players to get him signed this year. Some of that would be more for opening up cap in the year or two after to make sure he and Von can be on the same payroll.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins why is he going to be available ?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins why is he going to be available ?

Some of it has to do with he doesn't feel like Washington has treated him as well as he should have been. They did offer him a contract that would have made him the highest paid QB this past offseason but the problem was the guaranteed money side of it wasn't all that high. So he decided against it and took a chance on himself here for the last couple of years.

I think for Washington this comes down to Cousins being that borderline player. He is borderline top-10 at the QB position. Which is good but to me if you are going to pay a QB that kind of money you need them to be top-5 at the position if you think you stand a chance at winning a Super Bowl. Just hard to surround them with enough talent when they alone are taking up 15% of the cap. Really the key percentage I think is like 10.4%. Only I think 3 QB's taking up more cap space than that percentage have actually won a Super Bowl. The two Manning brothers and Brady. So pretty much HOF type guys.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of it has to do with he doesn't feel like Washington has treated him as well as he should have been. They did offer him a contract that would have made him the highest paid QB this past offseason but the problem was the guaranteed money side of it wasn't all that high. So he decided against it and took a chance on himself here for the last couple of years.

I think for Washington this comes down to Cousins being that borderline player. He is borderline top-10 at the QB position. Which is good but to me if you are going to pay a QB that kind of money you need them to be top-5 at the position if you think you stand a chance at winning a Super Bowl. Just hard to surround them with enough talent when they alone are taking up 15% of the cap. Really the key percentage I think is like 10.4%. Only I think 3 QB's taking up more cap space than that percentage have actually won a Super Bowl. The two Manning brothers and Brady. So pretty much HOF type guys.

Damn that is a mess .. Not sure I like the Idea of us falling into .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn that is a mess .. Not sure I like the Idea of us falling into .

Yeah all depends on do you view Washington FO as the problem or does Kirk Cousins shoulder some of the blame? If this has everything to do with their FO being incompetent then the Broncos could be the beneficiary of them letting a top-10 QB walk out the door. If you think Cousins overvalues himself and will become a bit of a headache then it could set the organization back 5 years. Huge reward with huge risk.

This is a fun video giving a bit of a picture into him as a person though that will make you like him.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could you change QB to defensive player becuase right now will Denver ever win the super bowl with Miller taking up 11%?

Remember no QB ever won a Super Bowl with 2 teams so be careful to use absolutes.
There is always a first time for everything. We've seen it first hand.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t help that his GM calling him Kurt. :nod:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you change QB to defensive player becuase right now will Denver ever win the super bowl with Miller taking up 11%?

Remember no QB ever won a Super Bowl with 2 teams so be careful to use absolutes.
There is always a first time for everything. We've seen it first hand.

You are right first time for everything. Again I like Kirk Cousins and if the Broncos sign him I can get on board with that decision. I just worry about the fact of having 2 players especially then taking up a huge chunk of the cap. We are talking 25% just between two players. So while there is a first time, the odds would be very much stacked against the Broncos to win a Super Bowl with both Cousins and Miller on the same payroll.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right first time for everything. Again I like Kirk Cousins and if the Broncos sign him I can get on board with that decision. I just worry about the fact of having 2 players especially then taking up a huge chunk of the cap. We are talking 25% just between two players. So while there is a first time, the odds would be very much stacked against the Broncos to win a Super Bowl with both Cousins and Miller on the same payroll.

28 mil and picks do you like Kurt now :).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
28 mil and picks do you like Kurt now :).

I guess what do you mean by picks? Are you saying the Broncos trade picks to get him? If so then it is a huge NOOO from me. The team is already going to struggle enough to build around him with he and Miller taking up so much of the cap space. You add in then trading away valuable draft picks and NFL purgatory is in our future.