• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Elway

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von and Malik were on rookie contracts as well.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Cousins WHY

1. HC staff doesn't seem like it longterm crew its year to year. We need to find a longterm solution here first
2. If we cut Talib I like Roby but, he isn't our 2nd best player like Talib is.

3. We are not as good roster wise like we were when we brought in PFM

In regards to #1 - Cousins would be a long term solution at QB as he is 29, will be 30 at start of next year. That should give him a good 8/9 years at QB depending on health, which in today’s NFL is an eternity.

If we sign Cousins, I’d be excited. But I’m guessing the Redskins will tie him up long term this offseason.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say Cousins aint signing no 1 year deal again. ;)

He's a long term solution to whomever signs him this off-season.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to #1 - Cousins would be a long term solution at QB as he is 29, will be 30 at start of next year. That should give him a good 8/9 years at QB depending on health, which in today’s NFL is an eternity.

If we sign Cousins, I’d be excited. But I’m guessing the Redskins will tie him up long term this offseason.
Paul is talking about VJ year to year ... I think

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a longterm solution at HC and staff do we have that right now don't think so.I like VJ and think he'll be a good HC at some point.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul is talking about VJ year to year ... I think

I waited past 10 minutes to be able to seperate points.

Great Catch Chris :)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it makes the old man feel any better. I read it wrong also.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all, but I'm not so sure the roster right now is any better than it was the year before Manning. Although, we did make the playoffs with Tebow at QB, so maybe it was a little better, but not much.

The OL was solid .

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a very different point of view......

Elway makes finding a head coach near impossible. Very, very few head coaches who are good at all, want to give up any control the team. They want to select the groceries, if they're going to prepare the dinner. (Bill Parcells)

Elway has control over the draft and free agent signings. In today's NFL the best head coaches don't want to have to deal with players that they did not want in their system.

Elway also sees a lot from a singular point of view...........the quarterback's. He can't help that, he was one of the best. While he spent a great deal of his life playing football, he concentrated on pretty much one aspect of the game. Widening his field of vision is extremely difficult. He also has an ego and that can lead to difficulty communicating especially listening to someone who never played the game at his level.

I personally think that the biggest problem that the team has right now, is dealing with losing. The Broncos have not been a losing team for a long time. As much as anyone may hate to accept it, they are a losing team. Thay are not taking that well at all and it actually has affect their play. They don't just appear to be frustrated, they appear to be angry not only with themselves, but with others on the Broncos. Vance Joseph may become a really good head coach, but he has to step forward and control the outbursts and the anger. Once the team realizes that he's the boss and he has control, they might solidify and become a team again.

From my point, I think that the Broncos have lost confidence in the coaching staff ......... and more importantly in themselves.

You have no idea how many times I and other Patriot fanes have said............"Patriots defense is good, but...can you imagine how much better it would be if Von Miller was playing DE for us??"

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Elway makes finding a head coach near impossible. Very, very few head coaches who are good at all, want to give up any control the team. They want to select the groceries, if they're going to prepare the dinner. (Bill Parcells)

Elway has control over the draft and free agent signings. In today's NFL the best head coaches don't want to have to deal with players that they did not want in their system.

Elway also sees a lot from a singular point of view...........the quarterback's. He can't help that, he was one of the best. While he spent a great deal of his life playing football, he concentrated on pretty much one aspect of the game. Widening his field of vision is extremely difficult. He also has an ego and that can lead to difficulty communicating especially listening to someone who never played the game at his level.

I personally think that the biggest problem that the team has right now, is dealing with losing. The Broncos have not been a losing team for a long time. As much as anyone may hate to accept it, they are a losing team. Thay are not taking that well at all and it actually has affect their play. They don't just appear to be frustrated, they appear to be angry not only with themselves, but with others on the Broncos. Vance Joseph may become a really good head coach, but he has to step forward and control the outbursts and the anger. Once the team realizes that he's the boss and he has control, they might solidify and become a team again.

From my point, I think that the Broncos have lost confidence in the coaching staff ......... and more importantly in themselves.

You have no idea how many times I and other Patriot fanes have said............"Patriots defense is good, but...can you imagine how much better it would be if Von Miller was playing DE for us??"

I would say "has the brand Denver Broncos been tarnished with the blowout losses"
Last time that happened was McD and they moved on quickly

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree with some of this.

I’d disagree with the singular focus. His father was a coach and then his last job was as a NFL scout, and according to reports, the two of them watched a lot of tape of prospects together. I’m guessing they weren’t just looking at QBs. Frankly, I think assessing QBs appears to be a weakness at this juncture of his GM career.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with some of this.

I’d disagree with the singular focus. His father was a coach and then his last job was as a NFL scout, and according to reports, the two of them watched a lot of tape of prospects together. I’m guessing they weren’t just looking at QBs. Frankly, I think assessing QBs appears to be a weakness at this juncture of his GM career.

Finding QB's is hard for alot of GM's but, do agree its a weakness of his. Of course drafting O side of the ball hasn't been good.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway put together one of the greatest offense and 2 years later one of the best defenses so I don't think he is single focused .

Hes trying to use the cheap QB model (like Seattle with a rookie russel Wilson) to win and that's not working.

Now which way does he goes.

Cousins all in
Journeyman with a draft pick
Draft pick

i hope he doesn't draft the next Rick Mier or johnny Manziel with out 1st round pick

It would also be nice to have your franchise QB give you a discount . Brady should cost way more than $14MM

Manning was the end all be all here