• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Elliotte Friedman 31 thoughts

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he does a nice job with his articles (seems to have some good insider connections and provides some interesting tidbits).

Nice
I keep hockey seperate from other sports so I can just be a no emotions attached fan.
Only been to 1 game Red Wings.
TV doesn't do hockey justice. It is a cool game that I can enjoy watching regardless who wins.
Play off hockey is the best play off viewing in all sports.

Still waiting for Ohio Stadium to host one of the outdoor games.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have an up-and-coming team in Columbus and the Blue Jackets should be a prime candidate for an outdoor game at the 'Shoe...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have an up-and-coming team in Columbus and the Blue Jackets should be a prime candidate for an outdoor game at the 'Shoe...

There is a movement trying to make it happen. A weekend of Ohio Vs Michigan hockey.

Wings/Jackets
Monsters/Griffins
OSU/Michigan (Mens and Womens)
Miami/Mich State (Mens and Womens)
U18 AAA Belle Tire/AAA Blue Jackets

Probably won't be for a few years, but I think it will eventually.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lest we forget, Columbus is hosting the 2015 NHL All-Star game...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lest we forget, Columbus is hosting the 2015 NHL All-Star game...

thats the one that was cancelled for the lockout correct?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct, sir.

unstoppable_trex_long_sleeve_maternity_tshirt.jpg

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a movement trying to make it happen. A weekend of Ohio Vs Michigan hockey.

Wings/Jackets
Monsters/Griffins
OSU/Michigan (Mens and Womens)
Miami/Mich State (Mens and Womens)
U18 AAA Belle Tire/AAA Blue Jackets

Probably won't be for a few years, but I think it will eventually.

Given the Illitch connection doesn't Little Caesars seem more likely?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the Illitch connection doesn't Little Caesars seem more likely?

Dunno. The AAA Jackets usually play every year in at least one tourney against Belle Tire, plus Little Caps, Baby Pens, Plymouth Whalers and the Royals or Regals or whatever they are called. The one Pat LaFontaine is involved with. I think at Midget Level, there is a definite rivalry with Belle Tire down here.

The people trying to organize it are looking for huge rivalry games.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno. The AAA Jackets usually play every year in at least one tourney against Belle Tire, plus Little Caps, Baby Pens, Plymouth Whalers and the Royals or Regals or whatever they are called. The one Pat LaFontaine is involved with. I think at Midget Level, there is a definite rivalry with Belle Tire down here.

The people trying to organize it are looking for huge rivalry games.

Personally I think they'll have trouble selling that many (expensive) tickets to a minor hockey game no matter how big the rivalry is. Look at something like the OHL Cup, it's a big deal every year for minor midgets, potential OHL first round draft picks scattered throughout the lineups. It's hosted in an area that's absolutely crazy about hockey. Don Cherry talks it up on national television. Tickets aren't expensive. And there's still only a couple hundred people there. What minor hockey organization has the kind of following to sell out a stadium, even for something gimmicky where the event is a large part of the attraction?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
30 Thoughts: Cap increase won't ease Penguins' dilemma | Hockey | CBC Sports

Shero had a clause giving him final say on hockey decisions. Owners Ron Burkle/Mario Lemieux and CEO David Morehouse wished to regain control. Lemieux's extensive knowledge leads to questions of whether this will be similar to the Trevor Linden/Brendan Shanahan setups. Whoever goes in there will want to know, "How much authority do I have?"

8. Sounds like Edmonton GM Scott Howson was in Vancouver for an interview. He didn't respond to a call, email or text seeking comment. That is The Triple Crown of avoidance.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --------------------^

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think they'll have trouble selling that many (expensive) tickets to a minor hockey game no matter how big the rivalry is. Look at something like the OHL Cup, it's a big deal every year for minor midgets, potential OHL first round draft picks scattered throughout the lineups. It's hosted in an area that's absolutely crazy about hockey. Don Cherry talks it up on national television. Tickets aren't expensive. And there's still only a couple hundred people there. What minor hockey organization has the kind of following to sell out a stadium, even for something gimmicky where the event is a large part of the attraction?

Well, the main event is the NHL and NCAA battles, everything else is just support events. So they may do like a Saturday thing with all the levels except the NHL and then Sunday is the NHL game. Then package tickets. I'd pay (provided it's not two days of NHL prices) to sit and watch four or five games one day then go back the next day for the NHL one.

8. Sounds like Edmonton GM Scott Howson was in Vancouver for an interview. He didn't respond to a call, email or text seeking comment. That is The Triple Crown of avoidance.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --------------------^

And he'll bring back Torts...

Or hire Arniel. Maybe Noel.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the main event is the NHL and NCAA battles, everything else is just support events. So they may do like a Saturday thing with all the levels except the NHL and then Sunday is the NHL game. Then package tickets. I'd pay (provided it's not two days of NHL prices) to sit and watch four or five games one day then go back the next day for the NHL one.

Canucks fans will get to hear the "Picasso" quotes from Claude Noel every night

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for laughs, I can tell you I don't have any to offer in this position. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my team off the hook now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 Thoughts: NHL free agents reluctant to commit early | Hockey | CBC Sports

28. Penguins fans are looking at this and saying, "What the heck? Does no one want to coach Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin?" It's a great question and one we are all asking. The number one answer: It hasn't been a lot of fun there. Ownership and the team's CEO, David Morehouse, are taking most of the heat, but that's not a true picture, because it extended onto the bench and in the dressing room. The demands, the pressure and the disappointment took its toll on a lot of people. No one likes to lose, but things used to be joyous there. That must be re-discovered. It also reveals what a great job Ray Shero did preventing all of this from going public while he was in charge.
:L